View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:06

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 STAR-TREK-MODS.COM 
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

With the impending demise of Filefront, we've created a new site where mods for all your favourite games can be found. We're working to upload all of the files available from Filefront before they are lost, but if you have any other files and would like them to be hosted for anyone to use, please sign up and upload them to the site.

We currently have download areas for:

Bridge Commander
Legacy
Armada 1
Armada 2

We've got plenty of bandwidth though, and will add sections for games as people need them, so if you've got a Trek mod for ANY game, not just Trek games, then please submit them to us and we will host them for you. We'd particularly like to host mods for non Trek games such as Sins of a Solar Empire and Civilization, so if you have any, feel free to upload them. :)

So after all that info, you probably want the link to check out the mods yourself. So if you're looking to download - or upload - a mod for a game, look no further than:

Star-Trek-Mods.com

We hope to see you there soon. :)

28 Mar 2009, 14:42
Profile WWW
8 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 001

Wait... FileFront is failing? Is that for ALL of their games? That's a heck of a lot of fan files that would be lost.... FileFront has been around for so long, I just though it couldn't fail. Wow. Guess I was wrong. Too bad, there's a lot of good mods on that site too, and it'll be a shame to lose some of them. You know what game I would really love to save the mods for? Star Trek Elite Force. There are some pretty good mods there. Oh well. At least some of the games are being preserved in this new site. I can't wait to see some of the uploads people give. I personally made two new ships for Armada. One is the Admiral's Flagship (You can build more than one. Not very canon, but it's a Nebula-class, so it is sort of canon), and the Borg Queen's Diamond (same deal as the Admiral's Flagship. Just... in Diamond form). Plus, you would need to install one of the other mods from FileFront first, because I sort of modded the mod :P. Well, that's it for now. I have to get back to writing my 1500 word research essay... :borg:

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

28 Dec 2009, 20:00

Notice the date I posted this Captain. It was back in March. This was basically the result of a MASSIVE April fools joke and a new company (Technically it was the original company) taking Filefront over.

At the time we took this incredibly seriously - thousands of people did, in fact, and there was a huge effort to save every Armada, Starfleet Command, Legacy, and Bridge Commander file in existence. I took part in that effort. All the work was for nothing though, as like I said, it turned out it was part April fools, part viral advertising campaign.

FILEFRONT IS NOT NOW CLOSING DOWN AND NEVER WAS.

I simply kept this thread running as an advert for our mod site. :mischief:

28 Dec 2009, 21:20
Profile WWW

ohes. I never noticed the date before :redface:. I could've paid more attention I guess :P. I thought it said "December". I guess I must be working too hard........ well, thanks for reminding me of the date before I made a COMPLETE fool of myself (although that post already did). Oops. :borg:

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

28 Dec 2009, 21:23
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]