View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:45

Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 RANDOM EVENT IMAGES - 2D ARTISTS WANTED! (Images On Page 1) 
Cadet
Cadet

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Civil War: As above, we don't know what is possible. And losing control of half of your empire would be truly devastating. I'm really not sure about it.

Isn't that the point of civil war. It engulfs an entire country/empire and it then fights itself until one of the sides wins. This should be extremely devastating.

About borg: why not Memory alpha states (yes I did some memory refreshing, since it is now 2 years since the last Star Trek series stopped on HRT2/HRT1 and I can't get Sci-Fi channel or any other channels, that have star trek in English :P )
... Memory alpha states that by 15th century borg already controlled a (extremely) small part of delta quadrant. I would give them a home system with a transwarp hub nearby. Transwarp hud should only appear after they start attacking/expanding, before that they should only have their home system and should slowly colonize it (terraform each planet slowly ) and after X turns, just before the event triggers 50% of their fleet should move to the closest nebula/system and build the transwarp hub. Only after this should they trigger, after they trigger, they set up patrol routes near their planets and start expanding the same way as described in random events (where every so on they trigger and send a group of ships through the transwarp hub) as well as normally like any other empire. This would make them more of an empire than a random though, but they should still be unplayable and they would still need the random event in order to trigger form dormant one-system empire with a huge fleet to active superpower of delta quadrant. They should IMHO concentrate on the highest tech level species rather than the hugest territorial control.

Now taking the idea further I also see some pro's (+) and con's (-) of this:

+They will fill up delta quadrant (currently there isn't a single empire there, just some minors).
+They are hard to kill in delta, since it's very remote.
+This makes them extremely canon
+Can be stopped by a random event (Species 8472)
-They are extremely hard to code
-They are a semi-random event, that can be stopped in their tracks (assuming you find them)
-Although their transwarp hud can only be used when it triggers they are extremely hard to stop
- If 8472 doesn't happen they will be nearly impossible to stop (you would possibly need an anti-borg alliance with all 5 major empires to stop them after some point)

15 Mar 2011, 17:19
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

I agree, but the idea of an Anti Borg alliance has been scrapped if I remember correctly, although I thought it was an excellent idea.

15 Mar 2011, 17:27
Profile YIM WWW
Cadet
Cadet

No anti-borg aliance? :wtf:

Mr Vulcan is not amused by this :vulcan:

16 Mar 2011, 23:02

I'm not sure, there were some talks about that and I think the idea was scrapped. I could be wrong though.

17 Mar 2011, 14:23
Profile YIM WWW
Admiral
Admiral

Borg/8472

Aggregated into a single random, with a timed delay. When the Borg appear in the galaxy, a random timer is triggered, at the end of which Species 8472 appears too. This could be related to difficulty level; both the size of the timer, and the chance 8472 appear or not. In the highest difficulty level 8472 could/should? not appear at all.
As for the event itself, when it is triggered, 6 TW Hubs would be created in the galaxy (in nebulae? maybe too predictable), randomly - as spread out as possible. [Depending on if the current tech matrix is kept or is changed to a techtree, we could have a wormhole detection tech (neutrino emmissions and graviton flux); the TWHs would work pretty much like WHs in terms of code support, and actual gameplay effect] To "destroy" the Borg you had to destroy all their TWHs; in practice, each empire would have to destroy the TWH(s) that is/are a menace to them, and let other empires deal with the others as they can / see fit. Of course, this might end up affecting them in the future, which could be an incentive to implement an "unofficial" Anti-Borg alliance. This would make it a players' choice (helping another empire without a formal pact), and reduce needed code support.
One of the 6 TWHs could be the "central" TWH, in the Delta Quadrant (kind of simulating their HW), which if destroyed (and the others still operational), would eliminate the Borg as a threat. The others, if destroyed, would only close that point of instant access to the Borg. While not entirely canon, seems like a reasonable compromise. 5/6 entry points, potentially all empires are affected/involved, possibility to have flexible Anti-Borg alliances, homeworld issue solved, etc. The secondary hubs could be activated at different turns, with random intervals, starting at the most powerful empires if we want to keep that line of implementation.

This could also be used as a starting point for making the Borg playable as an empire. Their homesystem would be the central TWH, and they would play only subjugation/conquest. No colonization, no research, no diplomacy, no pop growth, no taxes. They gain systems/pop by assimilating them, and gain tech in the process. New ship types are unlocked when enough tech has been assimilated, or when specific techs have been gained. Assimilated pop cannot be converted back to their initial race; their systems have to be bombed to complete destruction?
Problem here is, what use would they have for pop? That's the big problem with the Borg being an empire, given the way the game is implemented. They could be used as a kind of measure for logistics/support, conditioning the size of the Borg's armada - the more pop they have, the more fleets / the larger armada they can support.

Their ships would be spawned at the central TWH of course. They'd move instantly (taking one turn of course) to the other TWHs, or they could move normally (in case some of the TWHs have been destroyed).
A specific tech could be required to destroy the TWHs (transphasic torpedoes); a specific ships type carrying these?

19 Mar 2011, 18:15
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Thanks for explaining that.
:winkthumb:

19 Mar 2011, 23:28
Admiral
Admiral

It was a suggestion ;)
Even though I didn't manage to present it as such... My apologies.

21 Mar 2011, 01:01
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks for explaining that suggestion so well. I like to hear how you have thought through the issue.
:borg:

21 Mar 2011, 03:59

I completely agree with the suggestion. It would add more depth to the Borg and make multiplayer games more fun. We could even add a new victory condition - exterminate the Borg where all empires would strive to destroy the Borg with the empire that did more damage to them being a winner.

21 Mar 2011, 14:18
Profile YIM WWW
Cadet
Cadet

A nice compromise, but ... (oh ****: 6:24, I'm gonna miss my bus!)

22 Mar 2011, 06:24
Crewman

I grabbed my TNG Decipher Card Game so here we go for some Events:

Quote:
[*] Name of Event
Effect
Description

Is it possible that events take place on ships/fleets? I´ve done some here! Once event take place on X sector it should be marked with some of these events.

[*] Alien Parasites
Economy struggles or is stopped until a hospital ship arrives and is healing the population in the affected system. If none intervening will be done, the system is lost.
Attack of parasites on this system. Will be stopped when a hospital ship encroach within X turns.

[*] Armus (Skin of Evil)
Economy frozen for X turns, X population killed.
A malevolent creature formed by the former inhabitients of Vogra II. It just knows evil.

[*] Birth of Junior
Ship/s stopped for X turns
A large spaceborne life-form. Junior lost his dam and sucks energy from ships.

[*] Cosmic String Fragment
X Ship/s destroyed
A long space object with the gravitational attraction of a hundred stars.

[*] Firestorm
Destroys X buildings and X population
A atmospheric phenomeon. They occur when radiation of solar flares react with high-energy plasma of the planet.

[*] Gravitic Mine
Ship/s damaged and/or destroyed
Free-floating weapon used against space vehicles. It destroys or damages your ships.

[*] Hyper Aging
Whole system population killed (except hospital ship arrives within X turns)
Disease created accidentally by the Darwin Genetic Research on Gargarin IV. It kills whole populations.

[*] Menthar Booby Trap
Ship/s destroyed
A relic from ancient Menthar-Promellian war. A aceton assimilator trap. It drains power of your ships and emits then a deadly radiation.

[*] Microbiotic Colony
Starbase lost
A subatomic spaceborne life-form. It damages the starships hull and destroys them.

[*] Microvirus
kills X population
A genetic weapon designed to kill life-forms with a specific DNA sequence.

[*] Nanits
Destroys X buildings, economy stopped for X turns
Self-replicating submicroscopic robots who disables computer systems.

[*] Nagilum
Ship/s stopped for X turns and X percent will be destroyed
Extra-dimensional entity who kills for its understanding of other life-forms.

[*] Nausicaans
X credits, X Deuterium and/or X Dilithium stolen (trading)
A race with quick temper. They attack trading routes in order to gain profit for their own.

[*] Nitrium Metal Parasites
Ship/s stopped for X turns, X percent will be destroyed
Microscopic life-forms that normally live in asteroids. They can infest and damage ships by ingesting nitrium.

[*] Null Space
Ship/s destroyed and/or cannot move for X turns
An abnormal region of space. The pocket of space is filled with the bright light of condensed turbulent magnetic and gravitational fields absorbing all electromagnetic energy from anything that enters the phenomenon. The fields also bend all outside energy around the pocket, making it naturally cloaked. (Most copy & paste by memory-alpha.org)

[*] Portal Guard
A protector of the Tkan Empire. He was invested with great powers, including the ability to immobilize starships.

[*] Radioactive Garbage Scow
System Moral -X, X Population killed, Economy stopped for X turns
Barges containing radioactive waste and can be adrift for centuries.

[*] Sarjenka
An alien Child from Drema IV. Her call for help interrupts your ships who immediatly join her for help.

[*] Temporal Causality Loop
A localized distortion causing an infinite temporal loop.

[*] Tsiolkovsky Infection
Economy frozen for X turns, X population killed.
A variety of water-based Psi 2000 virus. It creates a dangerous intoxication-like instability among the population.

[*] Two-Dimensional Creatures
These such lifeforms are known to exist in a single plane only. Some of these beings make their homes in cosmic strings, objects a single proton wide but with lengths measuring in kilometers or more. Because of their strange nature, two-dimensional lifeforms can interact in strange ways with starship engines. (Copy & paste of memory-alpha.org)

[*] Alien Probe
Could take place on planets or ships
What could we do with this one? My ideas and fantasy are totally blanked atm here as well :(

[*] Masaka Transformations Memory Alpha
Could take place on systems as well on ships
What could we do with this one? My ideas and fantasy are totally blanked atm here as well :( It´s going to be an interesting event ;)

[*] Plasma Fire
X power plants are desroyed
An accident occured in X system. Super-energized gas was inflamed by ruptures in the high-energy power system.

[*] Subspace Warp Rift
X ship/s destroyed
Due the excessive use of warp drives disastrous rifts occur in the fabric of space.

[*] Telepathic Alien Kidnappers
Ship/s stopped for X turns / X officers lost.
Unknown aliens abducted personnel for telepatic studies.

[*] Warp Core Breach
Ship/s destroyed
A catastrophic failure of a starship's warp core.

[*] Energy Vortex
Ship/s lost
An instinctual intelligence, spinning, turbulent local temporal continuum anomaly caused a lost of your ship/s.

[*] Subspace Schism
X officers lost
Solanogen-based aliens from another subspace domain accessed space for abducting people for experiments.

[*] Temporal Rift
Economy, population cap frozen for X turns and/or ship/s stopped for X turns
A temporal rift is a distortion in the spacetime continuum, which can allow for temporal displacement.

Feel free to edit ;) Just some ideas ;)

Best regards,
John1337

25 Jun 2011, 05:15
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks John, we can contrast that with the list on page one of this thread.
:borg:

25 Jun 2011, 13:28
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Well not exactly the correct thread but this just in from Slim. He has another mock-up for us. Thanks Slim, we will have to find someone with the skill needed to bring this great work to life in full color for the game.
This is for the Gorn.

Slim:
"I would suggest doing it in a digital painting.

This is the Gorn Home world: (City of Sin Darch') It's background is simple as delegates of other nations face their queen in diplomatic discussions. Saying the wrong thing can get you killed or listening to bad advice. Here delegates of all three empires are represented, Klingon (even updated the look to coincide w Abrahms) , Romulan who has caught the eye of the female ambassador and Star Fleet, In the first section, you see the Queen isn't pleased with the Breen representative. On the Gorn home world they keep their energy sources and giant equipment vastly shielded in dome cities above them as their natural green hunting cities and catacombs make up the vast major part oGorne gorn home world. Its all survival of the fittest."

Attachments:
Gorn.jpg
Gorn.jpg [ 2.17 MiB | Viewed 32145 times ]

27 Feb 2013, 22:04
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

The image above was created by reconnecting individual scanned segments of a larger work. Here are the smaller parts.

Attachments:
Gorn Sin Darch 1a123.jpg
Gorn Sin Darch 1a123.jpg [ 241.52 KiB | Viewed 32105 times ]
trace1.jpg
trace1.jpg [ 1.42 MiB | Viewed 32105 times ]
Gorn Sin Darch 2122.jpg
Gorn Sin Darch 2122.jpg [ 297.18 KiB | Viewed 32105 times ]
Gorn Sin Darch 3121.jpg
Gorn Sin Darch 3121.jpg [ 263.48 KiB | Viewed 32105 times ]

28 Feb 2013, 03:56
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

A question from the Facebook page for Supremacy:

(Randall Martin) Kenneth Flanagan are the images stripped out of this for any reason? only the tech lvl 1 ships are available?

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

03 Mar 2013, 12:07
Admiral
Admiral

Probably the rotating models in the Shipbuiling screen?

Isn't this in the wrong place?

03 Mar 2013, 19:11
Reply to topic   [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19