View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 May 2024, 13:33

Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 INGAME MUSIC - MUSICIANS WANTED! 
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Happytrek wrote:
@Kaladin:
It could work out if I had to make many copies of the song, but in this case, I only do one copy. It will repeat itself in the game, depending on how long the player stays in the scene, but it has to start first at the very beginning.
Nice try though! :smile: Thanks!

The problem I have here is because I have about a millisecond of silence at the ending or at the start, which causes the song to pause before it starts again. I have to find the exact place where to cut it to eliminate that silence. Not easy...doable but not easy. Might take time, but I'll find it.
:mrgreen:

Oh sorry I might not have explained myself properly. You don't actually need multiple copies, that is simply a method to fix the front and back of an image (or in this case song). You make 1 image like 10-50 pixels across then it just repeats itself to fill the space (similar to a song loop). The suggestion was just so that you can easily see and merge the ends, I was just suggesting it as a method you might use for the song (cut it in half and place the ends of the song together to better blend them). It is probably so simplistic a suggestion that you already do this and that why my suggestion seemed different. No matter you got the song perfectly anyways.

19 Nov 2011, 17:10
Composer of the Ear Candy

Location: Canada, thumping on my keyboard or smashing a mouse!
Did you try it in game to see if it loops right?

You're probably right! I may be using it without noticing... :smile:

19 Nov 2011, 17:11
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

No actually I hadn't thought of doing that.
Where should I add it so I can test it?

20 Nov 2011, 16:41

Watch your PM...

20 Nov 2011, 18:45
Profile WWW
Crewman

If you still need music i can make some...

20 Nov 2011, 21:37
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome alexbond45 and thanks for the offer.
Happytrek can explain what we still need and how to recorded it. He is the boss of that.
We do have music, mostly thanks to Happy. Despite that there is more and more options we can use.
Again welcome.
:borg:

20 Nov 2011, 22:52
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Always great to have another willing victim, I mean, participant... I meant to say participant. :twistedlaugh:

Seriously, glad to see you here. Jump in.

21 Nov 2011, 00:13
Crewman

Well ill wait until im told what i need to do, because i dont want to compose anything thats useless.

21 Nov 2011, 02:35
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Nothing is useless and don't wait for anybody to tell you what to do. If you want something to do just do it and post here , members wil evaluate you effort and after while you will be part of large crew... Do what ever you want to do, lets say for example Dominion fleet attack music.... it's just a example, possibilities are countless... :razz:

21 Nov 2011, 03:29
Crewman

Thats the thing, i have to be focused to compose music, as different races require different instruments

For Example, The Federation are a Majestic Peaceful race of Humans (Pro-Human here :P) that requires a Majestic combination of Trumpets and strings, while the borg would have a string group with a timpani accompanyment, or Cardassians would have a downbeat militarialistic sound.

I will be submitting a work asap, im still gonna have to figure out how to upload it, im using a sheet music program and then uploading the sound file.

EDIT:Im creating a very short intro sample to what i think would work well for the federation. Its only about 8 measures so its really short.

EDIT:Actually, its 4

21 Nov 2011, 03:57
Crewman

How do i get the right sample? the only kind i have is .wav and the forum says thats not allowed....

21 Nov 2011, 04:54
Crewman

Sorry for the multiple posts
Here is a sample-hope it works
This was the only file type from my music composing program that would upload, its a sucky format, but its also available in .flac and .wav, so i can email those...
EDIT-This test proves that this format doesnt work...must...find...new...format.....

Attachments:
Star Trek-Federation Music.ogg [138.99 KiB]
Downloaded 553 times
21 Nov 2011, 06:37

Hi alexbond45 and welcome!
It's a real nice start you did here. :smile: Since many members cannot read .ogg format, it might be best, for testing purposes, that you use .mp3 format for now for short songs, or send a link (zip) to download with http://www.mediafire.com but keep a copy in .wav because we mostly use this for final workouts. We have a server to store our work and later, you can use it to post links so that everyone can hear and comment your work. Quite motivating, I tell you!

I hope you have read the first topics in this INGAME MUSIC forum to learn how and what to do, or not do, in music as in most work here. It is important that you fully understand these conditions before we continue.

Later, we can share our experiences and help each other make great music. Meanwhile, I guess that you can listen to a few songs I did a while ago by going back a few pages in this topic. It could help you have a feel of what is needed in the game. As soon as you have the permission to use our server, you'll be able to upload, download and listen or look at the work we all do.

Let me assure you that there is NO competition in here, whatsoever. No one is better than an other, we just are different in taste and feel or even by the style we do things.
I look forward to work with you creating Masterpieces...

Last edited by Happytrek on 21 Nov 2011, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

21 Nov 2011, 13:52
Profile WWW

I believe the .ogg format is actually what is used in Supremacy.

21 Nov 2011, 14:24

There is still work to do in here, in the Major races and/or elsewhere like combat, events and other sections. I haven't done everything and some sections and part of the game are to be, but not implemented yet.

We can PM (private message) each other what so often for different reasons, musical or not. You can do that now if you need some advice from me, or the others by clicking on the little PM button near our avatar if you wish to stay on the subject or, on the top panel when you are logged in, in the ...new messages... section. Later, by adding a member to your PM friends list, you can reach him directly by clicking on his username. Thanks for being patient while waiting for an answer. Some of us may be at work or on a trip and cannot get access to their messages right away.

We will need to discuss and share our knowledge in a private matter soon. You can ask to be notified when you receive an answer in the forums or in PM section.
When you write a message, look down below the message box, there is a few options you can choose and tick.

If you need anything, please ask in the form you like. Good day!

Edit: Correction: The PM button is situated on the lower part of the message instead. Sorry!

Last edited by Happytrek on 21 Nov 2011, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

21 Nov 2011, 14:28
Profile WWW

Affirmative, Captain Bashir!

It is used for final ingame music or for testing purposes, here in the forum, since it is highly compressed and doesn't use many space..
But I guess some members cannot read this format directly or in their PC since you need a plugin to do this. I believe there should be a "OggVorbis" plugin on the Net for this format to be read in your browser. I'll have a search on this.

EDIT: Did a search. Here is the site: http://www.vorbis.com/ . I still cannot read .Ogg directly but by downloading the file, it can now play in Media player.

I use Google Chrome as my main browser and there is an extension called "My soundboard" where you can specify what format of music you wish to listen and link to.
It supports ogg, mp3 and wav files. I just tried it and I could hear alexbond45's song test directly from my browser.

21 Nov 2011, 14:41
Profile WWW
Crewman

This is good, ive been looking to jump back on a forum, ever since an incedent with my fleet in STO, Ive been pretty inactive, most of my activity has been with the alpha nerd friend group, but we all comm. with steam.

21 Nov 2011, 17:42

Well, if you're ready to work with me, we can create some good songs and have our name on the credits listing at the end of the game..
I guess we'll start in the PM state for now until we get acquainted and learn about our methods of work and musical gear. I'll explain a few things to you about what we can do.

21 Nov 2011, 21:23
Profile WWW
Crewman

You can shoot first

22 Nov 2011, 06:24
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think some recent posts from this thread were deleted (probably due to the forum update), just letting people know incase they need to repost. I saw this thread was larger yesterday.

28 Nov 2011, 13:10

Yes it was but I erased my last post yesterday. It was a remark concerning a certain message but I couldn't remember to whom I sent it. Really off topic, I was... :smile: Good to know you've got the eye for it! :winkthumb:

28 Nov 2011, 15:53
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

By the way your new music you posted on the share site is perfect and yet another masterpiece.

06 Dec 2011, 18:44

Thank you Kaladin. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Which one was it?
I made so much I can't remember what I did last... :grin:

06 Dec 2011, 20:55
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh, the Klingon Cloak one, maybe it is one you re-editeded, I can't remember if I had heard it before, but you may have used some small parts of it from another klingon music you did earlier. I'm easily tricked :D anyways it is really nice.

07 Dec 2011, 16:29

Yes, I did re-work it since I made the short version, but if you look closely, there is another one called Cloak Encounter that is not my creation. I sign all my songs and there is one that is not mine but has the same title. I'll rename that particular one I made so that there is no confusion. It will become "Hide and Seek" from now on. I changed the location of the other composers. Those are now in a new folder.

07 Dec 2011, 20:33
Profile WWW

I made a short (very short) demo song for an intro I think would be nice in BOTF II. It looks a bit like Voyager hymn and I don't know if it exists but it came from my head and I thought of sharing it with you.

The Liberation

As always, it's not finished yet, only a few seconds. In SharePoint, Federation Music.

Happy Holidays everyone!

17 Dec 2011, 19:23
Profile WWW

Nice tune with a definite nod to Voyager. If I may... It might have grander "body" to it if you give it a larger group of (the same) instruments (horns). It sounded like a smaller instrumental group or horn quartet which you might have when a diplomat is being greeted getting out of a limousine or something.

17 Dec 2011, 20:51

Thanks for the comment and compliment.
In fact, there was 3 different horn tracks in there but maybe I didn't boost the volume enough.
You know, you gave me an idea by mentioning this. I was just thinking: It could make a nice Diplomatic song, no?
I will try to level my volumes a little more.
Thanks again Captain B!

17 Dec 2011, 23:06
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Yes, it sounds like a diplomatic screen

18 Dec 2011, 01:25

Thank you Kenneth!
Now, we're three to think that it sounds Diplomatic (me, by ricochet), mostly Federation I guess, by the style of it.?..
Thanks friends!
I'll add up to it until it has about 60 seconds and upload it to SP.

18 Dec 2011, 16:12
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next