View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 21:54

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Translator for BOTF II -Germany- 
Crewman

Hey folks, My name is Snyper ad from a german Scifi-forum I get the message, that this projekt is nearly finshed. So for some of us it's hard to play it in english, so I waould do the translation for us.

I would be happy if you agree

15 Sep 2007, 18:28
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hi,

I know that post from iwulff I think two years ago, well, that was hoax back then simply put (though he was not to blame, a guy named gavin was..). Anyway, try install supremacy and bote, play them both for about 100-150 turns and see for yourself which you like most (or even both the same) and if you wanna help translating supremacy into german, go ask mstrobel. It should be easy to do with the xml files at hand.

otherwise BotE is a german project with a slight english touch so to say ;) so be sure to check out http://www.birth-of-the-empires.de for a native german version too!

and btw. those games aren't finished yet though BotE already has a biting AI and a good chunk of botf gameplay already to offer whereas in both, a tactical 3D combat is a good year away at minimum I fear..

15 Sep 2007, 18:38
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I've been tossing around ideas for a new localized text provider for Supremacy. On top of supporting other languages, I want to be able to pull different text depending on which empire you're playing as.

Anyhoo, the game's not quite far enough along yet to start translating, as lots of text will be added, and a lot of it will probably change. At this point it'd be too hard to keep the translations up to date. I definitely want to get it translated later on down the road, though.

15 Sep 2007, 19:52
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Allegiance will not be translated.

Unless someone wants to completely rewrite half the code. (and thats not going to be me)

Although if I were to do it, German would be #1 on the list, followed closely by Klingon.

15 Sep 2007, 22:01
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
I have recorded some English monolog for the games including for the English version of BOTE. Guess we could use a German version of the monologs? When I say I recorded some that is in my voice, recording other people around town. Others on this site have submitted a good number of recordings.

16 Sep 2007, 03:28
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

this is actually something I have nearly given up asking .. ;)

so maybe we need other, a little more obvious, measures. MoE, could you place up a "voice request" news item on the main site (featuring a request for additional english records too since one can't get enough of them right?)? Maybe we even get some french guys to work on it.. :lol:

16 Sep 2007, 06:26
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Here is a link that includes some info. about recording and about the general game and major race lines. You could copy some of that into a sticky. Some of the links are broken but it is all on SharePoint in English.

http://www.botfii.armadafleetcommand.co ... pic&t=1715

Here is a link to what is recorded for the minor race introductions

http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com/in ... pic&t=1599

The Ferengi rules are also on SharePoint in English with a Ferengi accent.

16 Sep 2007, 17:12
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]