View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 15:38

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Minor Race Discriptions and Info 
Crewman

Hi,

First time i have posted on these forums. Figured since this game is based on something i follow and enjoy reading up on i thought i could offer my help in correcting a few errors i found in the descriptions of the the minor races and what they are about.

If this is something u'd like done, let me know happy to help in what way i can. Will b awesome to see this game when its finished :D

05 Oct 2007, 15:05
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nerok, you're the man! ;) It is perfect timing for such a task weeks before the new update so if you can start right away and post the outcome here afterwards, that'd be great!

we currently have 2 different descriptions for the games, one for bote which you can see in-game and one for supremacy which is based on MoE's and dafedz&iwulffs work (the "botf2 database"). if you wish, take care of any or even better both of the two! :D

05 Oct 2007, 16:11
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress is currently working on the race database for Supremacy, so best to help out with BotE, as they're planning a new release soon :).

05 Oct 2007, 16:49
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Speak to MOE :), as MStrobel said he is doing something similar, if you want to try your hand at something differant you could always try out and write some TECH descriptions.

They need filling out and also some expanding, there is a post in jobs and positions about it, i've done a few but each specific research field bar Weapons needs to be increased to at least level 20+ so far most end at 13-15.

Regards Wolfe

05 Oct 2007, 17:18
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome to the collective Nerok. I am doing models at this point for the unimatrix but have recoded some audio monolog including minor race introductions. Someone can let me know if any of the monologs needs to be revised or we need to add a race.

http://www.botfii.armadafleetcommand.co ... pic&t=1599

05 Oct 2007, 17:50
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Eh, you can't currently edit techs in the Supremacy Editor, so it's probably best not to fiddle with those right now.

05 Oct 2007, 18:00
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Sorry MStrobel i just ment in a descriptive sense not actually inputting them into game yet.

Also Kenneth i might have access to a female for voice recording, i was thinking Romulan but i wasn't sure if Jade had already done those. Know of a species that sounds better in a female rather then male voice.

Regards Wolfe

05 Oct 2007, 18:22
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Great - So far we have a female for Romulan and Federation as well as a number of them for the general game monologs. Jade has not yet submitted recordings. Personally I would like to hear a female Klingon. Here is more info

http://www.botfii.armadafleetcommand.co ... pic&t=1715

We already have two voices to choose from for the Federation (one female and one male) and Cardassian (both male) so if you look at it that way consider adding a second voice artist to the Klingon, Dominion or Romulan. It depends on the voice. Have fun
:D

That minor race list is very long and not for the faint of heart.

05 Oct 2007, 18:50
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Yeah, i'm doing the descriptions at the mo, so I'd be happy for any input you want to give. I've noticed some mistakes myself that i've corrected, and have expanded on a couple of the shorter descriptions, but it's always better to have someone else prooead cozyuo nevre know whin mistooks couls kreep ine/. :wink:

Add me to your contacts on MSN or send me a PM when you're online and we can chat in the forum chatroom. :)

grimmedbythereapernew@yahoo.co.uk (This is no longer a valid email address but it somehow still works for MSN)

05 Oct 2007, 19:05
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]