View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 20:52

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Offering my services. xD 
Crewman

my skill sets include alot of photoshop work. i know most of the stuff your looking for is more 3d based but if theres any photoshop 2d things you need my help with id be glad to do it. i reformated my computer and im downloading photoshop off torrents right now so hopefully its a good version.

specialize in photoediting

email: Jason@nxero.net

if theres anything else i could do just let me know, seems like an exciting project!

20 Nov 2007, 22:09
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hey there, teknos1s, welcome to the site! :)

As a fan-based project, we always have plenty of jobs for people to do. Off the top of my head, there are three graphic-based things that you could potentially do - texturing for the models, 2D images for buildings, and interfaces.

I don't know much about the models (You'll need to speak to Kenneth_of_Borg about those) or the interfaces, (Speak to Mstrobel for Supremacy, Nemitor_Atimen for Allegiance, and Jigalypuff for New Beginnings regarding the interfaces) but 2D images are something we will be needing. Mike (Mstrobel) will be releasing an updated version of Supremacy soon, and it will come with a brand new editor.

I've sent him a copy of my recent updates, which include a lot of new buildings - and for most of these do not have any images. We've recycled as many of the images from BOTF that we can (I've even used a couple of images that are in stbof.res but were never actually used by the game) but we still need plenty more.

We do not need images of the minor race special structures however because Zeleni has already made those for us. Unfortunately the files are on his computer at home but he's travelling on the road at the mo and will be for another month or two, but he will send us the files as soon as he gets back online. Still, if you did decide you wanted to make your own versions of these images, you'll get no complaints from me. The best images will be used, so the more submissions we have the better. :mrgreen:

All the information that you need regarding ships, buildings, and so on can be found in Dafedz's Database.

All the files that people have made so far are uploaded to our Sharepoint Site. You'll need an account if you want to add/edit/delete files on sharepoint though, so ask Mstrobel if you need one. You DON'T need an account to physically view/download the files though. Just click the shared documents link on the left of the site. :wink:

Welcome to the forums. :)

20 Nov 2007, 23:49
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome to our collective and thank for offering to help. Resistance is futile but it is still nice to say thanks.

I am guessing there is still a lot of 2D work even with what Zeleni has done. Mike, Mstrobel, may be able to come up with some work for you. That would be the best place to start.

If not try texturing of 3D models with 2D images.

We have a few as yet untextured ships and stations and I can get you a copy of Ultimate Unwrap 3D if you need it. The tutorials are easy enough but it will take time to get use to. This unwrap program applies your 2D to the 3D model. Here are some ships in need of a skin.

Gorn Heavy Cruiser

and
Romulan Fleetyard.

There are a few more naked models on SharePoint. The basics are you load up the model in Unwrap. Then you generate a 2D image that lays out the skin of the 3D in 2D. Then take your photoshop and paint in the 2D. You see your work develop on the model. (I hid a "Bush in 2004" bumper sticker on the Klingon Shipyards.)

21 Nov 2007, 01:20
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hello from me too (we know each other already ;)).

I got another request to you and that would be creating some backgrounds for our new major and minor bote races, i.e. landscapes, dungeon backgrounds, walls, alien cities or just some fancy background coloring which represents a painted wall in the background, etc.

you know the pics of our main races already and the new klingons (3rd one) and dominion (last one) still need a better one. also if you know how to make nice logos, look at the recent "Possible Plan to salvage existing st work for bote" thread in the screenshots and plans subforum. Zeleni's already workin on high standards there, maybe you can join him, the more the better ;).

Last edited by Malvoisin on 21 Nov 2007, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

21 Nov 2007, 07:18
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello there... Or should I say howdy? Eh... Too cliche. Oh well, I am a Texan so I can get away with it :P.

Anyways, welcome to the team teknos1s. As you might have gathered from everyone else's posts there is plenty of work to go around. Also, in the event you are interested in doing any work on the major race portraits (we could really use some help with this by the way) or cityscapes for the majors it would help to check out the following topic.
http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2092

In it you will find basic descriptions of each of the major races and general descriptions of each ones mentality. In the event that you can't find what you need to do something please feel free to make a post about it or send a PM.

Or, in the event you would rather make minor race pics (for anything other than buildings) feel free to churn out whatever your imagination desires and basically create your own race.

PS... Could you start using the new races name's mal?

21 Nov 2007, 08:17
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I could but I think it's easier for newcomers to talk about the equivalent trek race and slowly take over the new names.

21 Nov 2007, 09:02
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Fair enough.

21 Nov 2007, 10:01
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]