View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 09 May 2024, 01:36

Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 RANDOM EVENT IMAGES - 2D ARTISTS WANTED! (Images On Page 1) 
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Starship Lost:

I know there is an image currently being used for this, but it is rather plan looking.

Attachments:
Starship-Lost.png
Starship-Lost.png [ 70.91 KiB | Viewed 18465 times ]

16 Dec 2009, 01:51
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Oh...that's a good idea for an alternative image. But at the same time i'm loathe to lose the Romulan one. Stop making such great images! :lol:

16 Dec 2009, 09:47
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Nice, i like it cause is generic :winkthumb:

16 Dec 2009, 13:03
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Very nice. I like that it looks like a Star Trek computer interface.
:borg:

16 Dec 2009, 13:46
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
I love it too. :bigthumb: Captain Bashir.

17 Dec 2009, 05:30
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

I think this picture would not be lost if we use it for something else.

For example, enemy ships hiding within the nebulae and other space bodies could be detected with powerful scanners. This would give a bonus of +% Scan. Often some vessels may also increase the detection capability of their scanners.

17 Dec 2009, 12:33
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

What about adding this one to the monster list:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Vampire_cloud

04 Apr 2010, 23:18
Profile YIM WWW

I don't remember seeing that particular episode. But then I know very little about TOS compared to the modern series. I suppose we could add it, but the most obvious implementation is as a combat random, and it's specifically stated that Phasers and Photons do not work, so it would be a pointless battle. Then again, we've got the Doomsday Device in and that's supposed to be invulnerable, but we're going to give it a massive hull rating, so I suppose the Vampire Cloud could have a low hull rating - but a maxed out evasion rating so weapons will almost always miss - so the one or two hits that make contact will kill it.

...Assuming we decide to include it that is. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

04 Apr 2010, 23:47
Profile WWW

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
I can't help it, my first thought is, Dude, you haven't watched the original series? :romulan:

2nd thought. In the original series, the Vampire cloud was about to reproduce when they destroyed it. Does this mean it is not around anymore for Supremacy or is it available up to a certain point in time? It could only be destroyed by anti-matter. CB

05 Apr 2010, 03:08

Correct, just antimatter.
It's model could be copied from the Calamarians and just texture replaced with some more similar to this. It would kill population of your planets, and then move on until you kill it.

05 Apr 2010, 08:37
Profile YIM WWW

You've got to remember that combat randoms can only work in standard terms, ie, Beams and Torpedoes. If we have special enemies that require special killing methods we'll need to program that in, and Mike has specifically said he wants to avoid special circumstances where possible.

05 Apr 2010, 23:07
Profile WWW

I didn't suggest we need a special way to kill it, just what it would do. I agree with your suggestion about it's evasion stats.

05 Apr 2010, 23:11
Profile YIM WWW

I was simply referring to the "can only be destroyed by antimatter" problem. In instances like this, we'll need to take liberties if we have them in the game. So antimatter gets replaced with Phasers and Photons, we'll just make them wildly inaccurate like I said. :P

05 Apr 2010, 23:14
Profile WWW

Vjeko, about the Traveller random event:

-Can you keep only the background and erase the body in the 2nd picture
-Can you keep only the half of the body of the 1st picture, enlarge it and paste it into the 2nd background (as in the TNG episode, it will show that the body is in action to work while disappearing.)

Attachments:
changeling_training.png
changeling_training.png [ 81.67 KiB | Viewed 18367 times ]
Encouter_the_Traveller.png
Encouter_the_Traveller.png [ 89.96 KiB | Viewed 18367 times ]

05 May 2010, 14:33

They were both rejected, the dominion one was replaced by a better picture, and the traveller was rejected.

05 May 2010, 14:39
Profile YIM WWW
Xenolinguistics Engineer
Xenolinguistics Engineer

Regarding the romulan scout above....what about using it for a ship found in a nibula or hiding in a nibula...of course you would need to add the random..for that

03 Nov 2010, 03:39
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

That is a good idea. It looks like we have most everything we need for the list of random events at this point so a new event would have to be created. Given that we are all busy working on filling in other holes in the content I think creating new random events is a low priority for now. Is there some other place we need more 2D images like this? (besides the diplomacy and spy windows)

03 Nov 2010, 23:08
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Replacement to Raider image or Trade lines raided

21 Nov 2010, 23:35
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Very nice. It is a shame we can not use the Black Pearl. I am assuming that Mike will keep trade routes as yellow lines so it will work.

21 Nov 2010, 23:45

Lol the Black Pearl would be great! Imagine it in space! :razz:

It's a shame that there's no Latinum in the image. Latinum would give it just a hint of Trek to bind it into the game better. The Latinum in the old image actually looks really good, almost like the pirate ship is sucking it it up.

21 Nov 2010, 23:46
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

with The Latinum

21 Nov 2010, 23:57
Profile WWW

Truly beautiful.

22 Nov 2010, 14:28
Profile YIM WWW

Now...I feel scared. :waaah: :cool:

Your image has been added to Sharepoint and the Pirate Random Event image has been updated in the first post.

22 Nov 2010, 17:43
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

1st of all: Excelent work guys: PICS are epic, keep them comming.

Now for several suggestions:

Random events should also happen to other empires, not just you.

Borg:

Borg, regardless of whenever they did or didn't appear should have a "Transwarp hub" in some nebula in Delta quadrant, they should also have a planet there (somewhere in delta quadrant). Both sectors should be full of borg ships (so attacking and destroying the hub/homeworld is extremely hard). But if you destroy the homeworld (and all their assimilated planets) they lose ship production until they reassaimilate a planet, if you destroy the hub, they stop "randomly appearing" and have to use the conventional travel, until they rebuild it, if you destroy them completely (ships, planets and hub) the borg are totally destroyed.
They should not attack until the random event happens or a ship accidently crosses their path (either encounter with a scout ship or with their homeworld/ transwarp hub).

They should appear near borg space (assimilated planets or homeworld) and they should concentrate on the borg, but if your system/ ship/ station lies in between you get pulverized.

Alien shipyard:

If you trade officers, some empires should get a hit in morale (examples: Federation -3 , klingon -4, Cardassian -1, Romulan -1, dominion -+0)

Q

If borg gets a homeworld, your ship should be send somewhere within 1-3 sectors of their homeworld/hub).

Lab explosion, Engine Malfunction, Weapon Misfire

Let's not forget that vital prototypes/data can be lost this way so make bonuses/problems random (example: you may get +5% research bonus, but 3950 tetra quads (or what they are called) of data were lost).

Officer Exchange Program

You should also get a relationship boost with random species/empire.

First Contact Disaster

+ Morale drop for the federation.

Think tank
They should appear at times when you're most vulnerable, and improve that part, but if you pay the may induce crisis somewhere else (you have 3000 (+500 per turn) credits and your only fleet got decimated, they offer the empire-wide increase of shipbuilding, but they demand 1000 credits per turn for 12 turns - leaving you in horrible credit crisis)

Civil War

Better idea:
Empire divides into two parts (not necessarily equal) for 50 turns, you retain the control of the part with your homeworld (unless this happens to AI) , contact with the other part is possible trough diplomacy after 50 turns, contact with minor races and other empires is still possible. The other part of empire (though it may be larger than yours) is treated like a minor empire, which can join you (after 50 turns) or somebody else.

Mirror universe

You gain a random mirror universe ship or lose your ship for X turns, during which you are prone to number of changes (morale change, officer recruitment change, relationship change, research change, even experience change).

28 Feb 2011, 15:38

Thanks for the support with the images (If you have any ideas on improvement just say so)

Also great ideas neighbor...

We have already discussed some of them so you can expect Matress writing some of the conclusions soon (although I haven't seen him around that often, he might have improved his cloaking device)

28 Feb 2011, 15:54
Profile YIM WWW

Not the cloaking device V, I really have been around less often than normal lately. I've had a lot of stuff going on lately, that's all.

Anyways, thanks for your input Zweinstein. And nice to see you posting again mate, you haven't posted in a long while. Matress notices these things lol.

The random events will happen to ALL races, not just you. If you refer to the Random Events List, you'll see that each empire has their own specific text for every random event to make it a more personalised system and give it more of a Trek feel.

Borg: the Borg are a difficult one. We plan for them to start off purely as a random event, so they will not get a homeworld. They would function as a random event that grows and evolves into a sixth empire - IF they manage to gain a foothold in the Galaxy. We don't currently know what is actually programmable or what Mike plans for them, but that's the intention that I had behind the random event. People seem to like that intention, and a lot of people have stated they don't want the Borg to be playable (At least not in the official game, we'll obviously do a mod or something later for the people that do want to play as them). The Borg would essentially work as this though: they start off with a single, small, ship that would attack the first race it finds. It would attempt to assimilate their system. If it does, that system would then start spawning larger, stronger, Borg ships. As more systems get assimilated, more ships would be added to their build list, so they grow in capability as they grow in size, mimicking the assimilation process. So I suppose things like Transwarp hubs could then be added as potential Borg technology/ships.

8472: The way I wrote this random, they can only appear once the Borg have turned up. But if/when/where they do will otherwise be completely random. And when they attack a system, the planets themselves would be destroyed (If possible they could turn the planets into Asteroid Belts)

Alien Shipyard: You're right about the morale penalty. This random needs some updates. I'll add in a morale penalty.

Q: That's one possibility I suppose. But like I said, no Borg homeworld. We could make this Q event Borg-requiring like Species 8472 though, so once the Borg have appeared, there's a chance of both 8472 and Q showing up.

Lab explosion, Engine Malfunction, Weapon Misfire: We could make them neutral in effect, ie. gain research, but lose a random lab. So you get an immediate bonus, but a medium-term loss.

Officer Exchange: It should be noted that Officers have been removed from the game. But you make a very good point here, so i'll remove the bonus officers and make it a morale event.

First Contact Disaster: I'm not sure if we can have empire-specific effects. Easiest way of implementing a morale penalty is to give it to all empires.

Think Tank: Problem is how you define a "crisis". This added triggering requirement would be extremely complicated to program, although it *would* be cool. We'll have to wait and see what is possible.

Civil War: As above, we don't know what is possible. And losing control of half of your empire would be truly devastating. I'm really not sure about it.

Mirror Universe: Not all of your suggested changes can be added (Refer to Officer Exchange above), but some of them could be added. I'll have a look at it.

Keep up the ideas. Remember the randoms are still a work in progress.

01 Mar 2011, 00:09
Profile WWW
Xenolinguistics Engineer
Xenolinguistics Engineer

very nice indeed

03 Mar 2011, 16:00

Encounter Gamesters of Triskelion
You lose a random "hero"

What do you think.

BTW the scene of Triskelion is recreated by me and not the original version.

06 Mar 2011, 15:38
Profile YIM WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Predictable Outstanding :winkthumb:

07 Mar 2011, 02:21

Thanks

07 Mar 2011, 14:05
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next