View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 06 May 2024, 01:59

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hello new Modeler 
Crewman

Hi guys, my name is Nick. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 23 i currently go to school at the Art Institute of Illinois in schaumburg for my bachlors in Game Art and Design. I am concentrating on 3d modeling, Environmental Modeler and Level Design. I love BOTF, Star Trek Star Wars and Stargate as well as Hockey im kinda a hybrid like that since i am very athletic but also a geek at same time. Anyways i wanted to offer some of my skills to help model some stuff for this project so that i may help my portfolio to get a job when im about to graduate and just for fun cause id love to get this game working since BOTF has the dreaded mem leak and it gets irritating. Here are some pics of random work i have done

08 Sep 2008, 18:42
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hi nick!

good pics there, especially the terrain ones! I think there are plenty of jobs for a talented guy like you here. For starters the ship modelling here led by kenneth and trashman. They sure can give you some tasks to start with. or environmental and terrain maps for jig's game. If you want to model some fancy structures like Fusion reactors or Private Farms, just take a look at the old botf pics for example for inspiration.

And of course all the non-trek stuff belongs to BotE :lol: ;).

08 Sep 2008, 19:06
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Nick, welcome to the board :)

08 Sep 2008, 20:44
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
As you can see Nick you and your skills are quite welcome here. Nice work. Nick had contacted me in a PM earlier today. I have given him some suggestions about where to look for 3D models to work on. Your original work will look good as a job references.

I continue to adapt what we already have to version one of our shiplist and am deep into the Romulan fleet at this time. We can coordinate our work so as to not duplicate any effort.

I know Mike will add your name to the credits for Supremacy once you have developed content. Again welcome. We know you are buys as a student and with athletic so we are grateful for whatever work you have time to put in on this fan project.

(Zeleni has also made model for the project. If I recall he is working on our Federation Colonyship One.)

08 Sep 2008, 21:30
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

...Why is this thread duplicated? I just posted in the other one. :?

08 Sep 2008, 21:32
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Youthful enthusiasm :winkthumb:

08 Sep 2008, 22:14
Crewman

Matress_of_evil wrote:
...Why is this thread duplicated? I just posted in the other one. :?

yea thats my fault, i clicked the chat forum first and posted then went into jobs and pos and was like uhm i dont see my thread ok ill create it again so i had the text copied from wordpad and just pasted it all again only to find i posted in boths threads lol whoops

08 Sep 2008, 22:38
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Hi nick2730, welcome to the BOTF2 forum! Just a simple question, how did you first see about the jobs on Supremacy? Through the forum (the relevant thread) or the Facebook Group page? I am just asking, so as to see if the latter works...

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

08 Sep 2008, 22:50
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

he will not save you star trek dvds.. :twisted: :lol:

09 Sep 2008, 05:05
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Nick, if you want to start with modeling here is task for you, two things which are priority and will be used for all empires (same image for all empires): TRADE CENTER and TRADE HUB.

Ingame description:

Trade Center-The computerization of trade goes back hundreds of years. Dedicated trading centres take advantage of modern computing power to maximize the efficiency of commerce in their regions.

Trade Hub-The common Trade Centre has been upgraded. As civilization and urbanization expand, a global and interplanetary Trade-net is the advanced solution for the management and commerce of local colonial resources.

*** Trade Hub upgrades Trade Centres

Botf 2 game database: http://www.trekmania.net/temp_files/botf2_home.htm

:)

09 Sep 2008, 09:00
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

@ MOE

Are those 3D models, the trade center and hub, on your list of ships and bases?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1836

If not it would be nice to include them. (one location with all the models we need listed)

I picked up on the shipyard, attack ship squadron and outpost as common resources for the minor races but wonder what other models I am missed.

So the trade center and hub are common resources for major and minor races?

:borg:

09 Sep 2008, 14:25
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hm, I think those aren't actually orbital buildings but I could be wrong of course. Anyway I think it's just about a decent 2D render of a self-created 3D structure model that MoE was asking for.

09 Sep 2008, 14:35
Profile WWW

No, the Trade Hub etc. are special structures that increase system trade (Increase credit output). They do not need a 3D model as they aren't going to be in space (Unless we come up with some kind of trading station). We instead need 2D art for them.

I really should go through that list and find the rest of the pictureless buildings. I added an extra 15 buildings to the game today. 4 of them can have generic structures (They're upgraded planetary shields for the minor races) but the rest will all need images on top of all the other buildings that already need them.

09 Sep 2008, 17:32
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Oh, 2D. Praise the maker. Now I may actually finish the model list. Keep MOE busy with the 2D so he does not think up any more 3D stuff. :wink:

09 Sep 2008, 18:32

Me wrote:
They do not need a 3D model as they aren't going to be in space (Unless we come up with some kind of trading station)

Too late, Kenneth. :twisted:

10 Sep 2008, 00:27
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]