View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 18:22

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 SharePoint Images 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
With SharePoint working again I will begin to upload the fleets into the model section.

In the image library I will add in a black background layer over the SharePoint white background to give the images an in game look. The real images with their transparent backgrounds will be compressed in the .rar file in models. This upload will take longer for some fleets. For the Federation the images will all be reworked up to a game ready standard.

(Well sure, any ship or its image can still be replaced with better work but for now they will be at current standard)

22 Dec 2008, 20:28
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

My log in worked as well, so i've started to upload all the music, voices, sound effects, and images that I can. Remember to keep copies of your files yourself even after you've uploaded them, Kenneth. Until we Silverstripe is up and running we haven't got a redundant backup.

Don't forget that Sharepoint has an explorer view mode, so remember to use that if you want to upload multiple files. It's a much easier way to upload files than doing it manually.

22 Dec 2008, 20:57
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

does the explorer view mode work for you moe? It doesn't for me..

22 Dec 2008, 21:03
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Malvoisin wrote:
does the explorer view mode work for you moe? It doesn't for me..

It never worked for me...

22 Dec 2008, 21:52
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it says "file://www.botf2.com/bote/Shared%20Documents" was not found. Make sure the path or url exists". Sounds pretty much like a messed-up code part in the webfldr.aspx file. It always worked before the crash.

Seems like the explorer view works on all aspx pages: http://www.ascentium.com/blog/sp/Post49.aspx . if i look at the code there, it's slightly different to the navtoframe method in our webfldr.aspx.

Okay, one step closer, one needs to have the "WebClient" service up and running unter control panel administration clients. Still it hangs up, but it gets now a little further than before. It says now: Please wait while Explorer View is loaded. If Explorer View does not appear, your browser may not support it.

I give up. I'm sure one of my recent Windows updates has killed the feature..

22 Dec 2008, 22:30
Profile WWW

Yes, explorer mode works for me. It's always worked for me. A log in box appears every time I try to access it, but i'm told my info is incorrect if I enter anything into it. It continues to load if I just cancel the box though.

When we first started using Sharepoint, people said you needed the (At the time) latest version of Microsoft Office installed for explorer mode to work. The option wouldn't even be available to select if you can't use it. I believe the latest version for the time was Office 2003. I've got Office 2000 though and explorer mode works fine, although I can't see thumbnails of images whilst in explorer mode; files just show up as the red roadkill icon that Irfanview uses. :lol:

23 Dec 2008, 00:25
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

right. Well I uninstalled MS Office since then. Maybe that explains why although I can see it and select it. But still I found out that I did not use WebDAV to connect back then when it worked cause the folder icons looked like old win98 icons when it should be nice-looking xp ones. that brings me to the question why WebDAV doesn't work. The only reason it could have is that sharepoint connects on a different port than usual http port 80. is that so mike? Btw. WebDAV can be used with any windows API so if you open notepad and go to open file dialog and enter "\\www.botf2.com\bote" it connects but again there is a prompt for user name and password where it doesn't accept my credentials.

hm netstat tells me only that some weird ziprealtystaffing.com site is connected via ports 1402 and upwards. That's not really the sharepoint site isn't it..

23 Dec 2008, 00:48
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Well, I did the Borg anyway. This whole holiday, family, work, sleep and eat thing keeps getting in the way. :borg:

23 Dec 2008, 15:00
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]