View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 21:32

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 May I be of assistance? 
Crewman

I'm very knowledgable in Star Trek lore, particularly the TNG and DS9 timeline. My favorite race to play as in the original Botf game was by far the Romulans, with the Cardassians next. I was very excited when I found the Dominion to be a playable race, and would like to contribute to them as well. I'm a fan of the oppressive races, what can I say?

Additionally, I have had a year and a half of Java programming classes and am about to take a another in C++. I'm no practical expert, but I can certainly help trouble shoot bugs and provide insight on how some things can be coded.

Lemme know.

09 Jan 2009, 14:17
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Cool, will do.

An easy one is Vocal sounds, which i still have to get round to :mischief: hehehe.

I generally always look for input into the combat engine and what can be added or improved upon.

Regards Wolfe

09 Jan 2009, 14:41
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Kenneth_of_Borg is in charge of the voices, so send him a PM if you want to know what work needs to be done in that area.

You might also want to send Mstrobel a PM if you want to offer him your services, but i'm not sure what programming language Mike is writing Supremacy in, so I don't know how much help you would be able to provide on that side.

09 Jan 2009, 14:54
Profile WWW
Crewman

Heh, I'm not a master of voices but I can do a decent Emperor Palpatine and Doctor Claw. I'm more of a writer and idea man than an actor. ;)

As for the coding, I'll send Mstrobel a PM then and see what's up there. Language aside, all high level programming languages make use of repetition, recursion and iteration. If I can't speak his particular language I can still communicate via pseudo-code.

09 Jan 2009, 15:02
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Hey MOE, do you still need a writer for the in game text clips?

Recordings
To do voice acting first check out our recordings for the Romulan:

Go here

http://www.botf2.com/default.aspx

Now take Shared Documents (on the left) / sound recordings / Romulans / Rom Combat and then listen to what is in each of the tree subfolders. The lines are two, or at most three, words long to fit into the fast passed combat engine. There is no music and no sound effects as the combat engine does that. The file format for these is wav. We need all the major races and I would like multiple voices for each so we do not repeat a lot. Record clips that have the same general meaning that you hear but use your skill to chose the words and tone for the race.

09 Jan 2009, 19:36

All of the minor race intros have already been written Kenneth, thanks to Dafedz. Unfortunately, the game only allows you to set one first contact intro for the minor races, and I don't think Mike has any plans to change it either. I've been slowly rewriting the Federation one for each of the races to remove references to the Federation etc instead, but obviously I was hoping to have separate voices for each empire and race. It wouldn't make sense to have separate clips if the txt doesn't match up though. :(

09 Jan 2009, 21:47
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]