View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 03 May 2024, 03:46

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Advanced 2D/3D Graphics Programmer, XNA/DirectX/WPF 
Crewman

Hi!,

I was referred to this site by a friend of mine. I was hunting for star trek games after watching the new movie (awesome btw!). I've been a closet fan of trek for a while but not to the point where I'm a walking trek encyclopedia. Well, I had a thought about making a star trek game in silverlight/xna and serve it up in the browser. Add persistent server in the backend and you got yourself a browser online game.

So I came here and took a look at supremacy, nice interface though I don't like the turn based play (i know, i know, it's based on a previous style of trek game). I'm serious about making a browser based trek game, in real-time but I'm also interested in helping you guys finish this game (it's missing some key things, you guys probably know already). I've been working on a space based game using my game engine and have published a 2d puzzle game with it on the XBox 360. I know C/C++/C# professionally and have advanced knowledge of 2d and 3d math. I have experience with WPF and ZUIs (Zoomable User Interfaces) and could help beef up your map mode.
I've written a Timeline ZUI in WPF that allows a user to start at viewing 6,000 years and zoom down to the hour. Maybe add more modules to the game that are general reference to the trek universe?

I would like to help you guys out with supremacy and maybe in turn we can port it to the web, or maybe help me out with the browser based game too?
Anywho, if there is anything I can help with let me know, contact details below...

aeon (at) reactor3d dot com

20 May 2009, 01:25
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hey aeon, welcome to the forums! :)

It's always great when someone takes the plunge and offers to help build the games - especially progammers, as we get so few of them. The person you really need to speak to is Mike Strobel, aka Mstrobel, who is the developer of the game. I've sent him a PM so he knows you've posted here, so with any luck you'll have a job offer soon. :)

Alternatively, you might want to speak to CdrWolfe. Wolfe is the guy that is making the 3D combat system, and if you've got experience with graphics programming you might be a big help to him. :)

20 May 2009, 01:46
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Just e-mailed you, Aeon :).

20 May 2009, 02:27
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]