View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 May 2024, 16:35

Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Major Race Video Intro 
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Nope as you have gone back to "we attack" which is really the whole issue i had. If your going to use that please have it "we only attack" so it sounds like only as a last resort they would attack.

22 Feb 2011, 15:09
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

How about

Our ships are designed to end conflicts not start them,
We only attack when everything else fails.

22 Feb 2011, 15:26
Profile YIM WWW
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

yep sounds ok

22 Feb 2011, 15:29

So

Voice Actor: The United Federation of Planets is a peaceful coalition of diverse worlds.

We expand through exploration and diplomacy.

Starfleet's mission is to preserve that peace and respond to aggression.

We only attack when everything else fails.

22 Feb 2011, 15:32
Profile YIM WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Good idea and thanks for all the input. Would the last line have a better flow as 'we only attach as the last resort.'

Voice Actor: The United Federation of Planets is a peaceful coalition of diverse worlds.

We only attack as the last resort.

:borg:

22 Feb 2011, 16:44
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

as "the" sounds wrong try as "a last resort". Or "in self defence". Either way probs work tho just as long as its worded carefully as to not make it sound like they will attack without thinking about peace first.

22 Feb 2011, 17:34

Ok, then:

We only attack in order to protect the peace.

A sort of double meaning sentence heard often from Federation leaders.

22 Feb 2011, 17:56
Profile YIM WWW
Crewman

just a suggestion about the tekst:

The United Federation of Planets is a peaceful coalition of diverse worlds.

Starfleet's mission is to preserve peace and respond to aggression. (i think "that" is unneeded)

Our ships end conflicts not start them, (i think that it sounds better without this way, shorter and clearer -> i'm not so sure if it is grammaticality correct, the "not start them" part bothers me :( )

We only attack in order to protect the peace. (maybe "For us, attack is the last resort" sounds better, or some other suggestions about the last line, i liked "We only attack as the last resort.")

22 Feb 2011, 18:15
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

What would .Iceman say?
:borg:

22 Feb 2011, 20:07

I agree, everyone, feel free to join the discussion, Captain_Picard, Captain Bashir, .Iceman, dafedz, happytrek, starfleet.command, BlazeLeeDragon, I have seen you all on the forums these days. We need to agree on a text soon, so that Blaze can record it and production of the video (after finishing the Klingon video) can begin.

22 Feb 2011, 20:35
Profile YIM WWW
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

I feel bad now for bringing it up. :(

Here is a snippet of something i thought feds could say.

The federation, founded to explore the galaxy and to expand on our understandings of the universe.
To seek out new life and new civilisations.
We seek peace and understanding with our neighbours of the galaxy.
Yet, if confronted with aggression, we can and will respond to defend and protect ourselves and our borders.
Our goals are set, our minds are clear, we shall continue the dream of which we have set out for.
To boldly go where no one has gone before.

Not saying the other sayings were bad or anything, their good. I just thought id share what i think might be a nice more epic saying. Feel free to ignore my suggestions of course as i said the other one is good. ;)

22 Feb 2011, 20:41

Why, this is what we all want. A discussion about what is best. This is the only way we will bring more quality to the project.

I don't know if you noticed, but this has revived the project and returned it back from a short stage of stagnation.

22 Feb 2011, 20:45
Profile YIM WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Do not feel bad Skeeter. Your suggestions are very good. In fact I like using the boldly go and new life part. Mike did say we should back away from suggesting how to play a major race. I do want to keep it rather brief though. The file size can get out of hand on video.

So something like this:

Voice Actor: The United Federation of Planets is a peaceful coalition of diverse worlds dedicated to seeking out new life and new civilizations.

Starfleet's mission is to preserve the peace, respond to aggression and boldly go where no one has gone before.

22 Feb 2011, 22:48
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

That sounds perfect ken. ;)

Although after re-reading it you have mentioned something for which you said mike wanted to avoid. Mainly with the "peaceful coalition of diverse worlds". This sounds like an already established federation instead of the start of one.

How about a condensed version of the start of mine say something like.

The Federation, founded to explore the galaxy. To seek out knowledge, new life and new civilizations. To boldly explore the far reaches of the galaxy and beyond. (or the usual boldly go where no one has gone before)

And then follow on with what you had at the end.

Starfleet's mission is to preserve the peace, respond to aggression and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

*Yellow text is optional.

22 Feb 2011, 23:10
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

That is a really great idea Skeeter, thanks :wink:
As you say the player has just selected the Federation at day one. We can make it personal as if you are at the dedication service. I still want to keep it short though so following your lead:

Voice Actor: We hereby dedicate the United Federation - of - Planets. Background sound of stadium cheering the speaker.
The Federation's mission is to seek out new life, new civilizations and to boldly go where no one has gone before. - cheering-

Video: NX-01 leaves earth orbit and goes to warp.

cut to -

Voice Actor: Starfleet's mission is to preserve the peace, respond to aggression and boldly go where no one has gone before.

Video: Federation fleet boldly responding to aggression.

23 Feb 2011, 01:24
Cadet
Cadet

so is that the offical federation lines?

23 Feb 2011, 01:44
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

You mentioned "boldly go where no one has gone before" twice in the vid. Probs best not to repeat sayings imo. If you cut the line from the first part of the vid and keep it for the end part it would work.

Editing your version as such.

Voice Actor: We hereby establish the United Federation - of - Planets. Background sound of stadium cheering the speaker.
The Federation's charter is to discover strange new worlds, to seek out new life, and new civilizations. - cheering-

cut to -

Voice Actor: Star Fleet's mission is to preserve the peace, respond to aggression and boldly go where no one has gone before.

23 Feb 2011, 02:00
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Almost there - wait for it.

Thanks again. I did not catch the repeat.
What was the date the Federation it is to be founded?

I am think: "On this day, star-date ______, we hereby establish the United - Federation - of - Planets cheering .....

So
Voice Actor: On this day, star-date _____, we hereby establish the United Federation - of - Planets. Background sound of stadium cheering the speaker.
The Federation's charter is to discover strange new worlds, to seek out new life, and new civilizations. - cheering-

cut to -

Voice Actor: Star Fleet's mission is to preserve the peace, respond to aggression and boldly go where no one has gone before.

23 Feb 2011, 02:20
Cadet
Cadet

Vjeko...Kenneth_of_Borg....everyone...you pushed me to far...

you DON'T PUSH A VOICE ARTIST...now look what you made me do :D

some of my BEST KLINGON WORK EVER! :P

Ok so now I put you to work...you have choices :D I ziped them all about 4 "attempts" of each. the last Q'apla one I added a laugh to thought it sounded fun...

can we say KLINGON anyone!

ok so thank you for the link used this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v0emSvJPGE

for my Q'apla, and did my best to say Kahless as (kay-less)

this was my Kahless reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vwmxUi5XKE

so here you go, make your choices :D I am still willing to do redos, but I think you will find what you are looking for amoung this master pieace :D I think I even nailed the Klingon...let me know though and BE HONEST! I am an "Ar-tee-st" and demand perfection of myself :D

Star Trek Supremacy Klingon intro by BlazeLeeDragon
http://www.mediafire.com/?3777wq37q7umn28

and just to keep them together I'll repost ingame
http://www.mediafire.com/?ecnsaa34kqjz0kl

I used the 4 lines from Vjeko's post

Voice actor: The Klingons, sons and daughters of Kahless, are a race of warriors. Never forget that.

Voice Actor: Through hard times and fierce battle raise our flag. Defend the empire for the honor of your house.

Voice Actor: Always remember that what a Klingon defends with blood is NOT given away.

Voice Actor: Q'apla!

I hope this is ok?

23 Feb 2011, 02:24
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Voice Actor: Through hard times and fierce battle, we raise our flag. Defend the empire for the honor of your house.

Not heard the redo yet but i was worried about the "battle raise our flag" part not having a commer and the word "we" which imo breakes it up and makes it sound more correct sounding.

Should be fine with what you did but the , we would be important to keep the flow correct without going from battle to raise in the same sentence.

Edit -

quote =

Line 1 imo should be try 2 of 4. (theres a audio blip in there somewhere about a quater way through)
Line 2 imo should be try 4 of 4.
Line 3 imo should be try 1 of 4. (personally i felt it lacked klingon accent these 3 attempts it sounded more human compared to say line 1 attempt 2)
Line 4 imo should be try 1 of 4. (sounds pretty good). ;)

Hope this is helpful. Good work and as you said trying to be honest and how to improve em a bit. Also if you dont mind a suggestion try blasting the music used for the vids through some headphones while recording to get in the spirit of being a klingon.

23 Feb 2011, 02:36
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Q'apla

23 Feb 2011, 02:37
Composer of the Ear Candy
Composer of the Ear Candy

Location: Canada, thumping on my keyboard or smashing a mouse!
Sincere thanks to Kenneth_of_Borg, vjeko1701 and BlazeLeeDragon for including one of my song in this video, and Congratulations for your Mastery work! :clap:

I will be remixing and balancing the videos with the help of Kenneth so that it sounds perfect for a Master work so I'll be monitoring this thread each day for an update if that's Ok with you.

Great job everyone! :bigthumb:
Q'apla !
Happytrek :mrgreen:

23 Feb 2011, 03:03
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

skeeter wrote:
Voice Actor: Through hard times and fierce battle, we raise our flag. Defend the empire for the honor of your house.

Not heard the redo yet but i was worried about the "battle raise our flag" part not having a commer and the word "we" which imo breakes it up and makes it sound more correct sounding.

Should be fine with what you did but the , we would be important to keep the flow correct without going from battle to raise in the same sentence.

Edit -

quote =

Line 1 imo should be try 2 of 4. (theres a audio blip in there somewhere about a quater way through)
Line 2 imo should be try 4 of 4.
Line 3 imo should be try 1 of 4. (personally i felt it lacked klingon accent these 3 attempts it sounded more human compared to say line 1 attempt 2)
Line 4 imo should be try 1 of 4. (sounds pretty good). ;)

Hope this is helpful. Good work and as you said trying to be honest and how to improve em a bit. Also if you dont mind a suggestion try blasting the music used for the vids through some headphones while recording to get in the spirit of being a klingon.

htank you kindly for the feed back :D I agree the we missing is kinda off, but I just went with what was infront of me :D

as far as the rest...

Line 1 so is take 2 ok? you mention an audio blip...
Line 2 is good?
Line 3 I can see that to a degree, I noticed online that the Klingon sound pretty much like testostirone males. so when I spoke more natural and less shouting it did come out that way. is this not good?
Line 4 thank you took me many many many tries to get Q'apla down and ultimately the link helped GREATLY to say it right :D

23 Feb 2011, 03:34
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Yep as said.

Line 1 take 2 has a audio blip somewhere about 30-40% way through the clip. Maybe max ur volume to hear it i duno. Blip could be removable with software.
Line 2 is good yes.
Line 3 Maybe a bit more gruffer (sp) and lower tone slightly from what i remember. Up to you and others just giving an opinion.

Overall great work, the shouting/raised voice parts i dont think worked for what we needed so i went with the ones without the raised voice parts.

Edit - Actually instead of flag can you try a take with the word banner instead so its , we raise our banner's. As i think that sounds more trek as they use banners not flags so to speak or at least in the show their refered to as banners from what i remember.

23 Feb 2011, 03:58
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Yes, I like #2 for line 1. There is a little background that I can clean out. The understated is better here for the video. It stand in contrast to what is coming.

I would go with #3 for line 2. It fits the mode of the video at that point. Doing it over with "we"and banner is OK.

I like #1 for line 3. Going back to the understated here will carry better into your very hearty Q'apla. I want the contrasts.

So why not send us a new line 2 with the we. After that move on to the Federation and Dominion.

23 Feb 2011, 04:01
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Just remember the key thing about klingons are their overbearing loud warriors through and through they have full emotion and attitude behind every word they say. Pay special attention to Martok from ds9 i feel he has the language and sound of it down perfectly as the perfect klingon speaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpwGW69 ... re=related

23 Feb 2011, 04:10
Cadet
Cadet

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Yes, I like #2 for line 1. There is a little background that I can clean out. The understated is better here for the video. It stand in contrast to what is coming.

I would go with #3 for line 2. It fits the mode of the video at that point. Doing it over with "we"and banner is OK.

I like #1 for line 3. Going back to the understated here will carry better into your very hearty Q'apla. I want the contrasts.

So why not send us a new line 2 with the we. After that move on to the Federation and Dominion.

sounds good will work on this tomarrow, tring to get this done so we can have on intro finished :D

23 Feb 2011, 05:54
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Voice Actor: On this day in the year 2161 we establish the United Federation - of - Planets. Background sound of stadium cheering the speaker.

cut to -

23 Feb 2011, 14:38

Amazing work Blaze, my opinion would be:

Line 1 Attempt 4 - Perfect, the accent, the stress put on some words, perfect
Line 2 Attempt 2 - Same as line 1 attempt 4, stress, accent, perfect
Line 3 Attempt 2 - the NOT part just as I have imagined, simply awesome
Line 4 Attempt 1 - Flawless Qa'pla

Feds:

Voice Actor: This is truly a historic day, a day when we established the United Federation - of - Planets. //Background sound of stadium cheering the speaker.

Video: NX-01 in orbit of Vulcan.
The Federation's charter is to discover strange new worlds, to seek out new life, and new civilizations. //cheering

Video: Constitution class approaching a nebula
Voice Actor: Starfleet's mission is to explore the galaxy,...

Voice Actor: ...preserve the peace and respond to aggression.//we want to avoid the notion that Starfleet does only military duty, so I added the exploration part.

Video: Three federation ships warping into a federation symbol (with their warp flashes being the three stars in the symbol)
Voice Actor:On this day we have made our first steps, it's our time to boldly go where no one has gone before.

23 Feb 2011, 15:54
Profile YIM WWW
Crewman

the text for fed sounds just great
and i love the video, i hope it will work ;)

23 Feb 2011, 16:08
Reply to topic   [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next