View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 21:45

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 How To Apply? Read This Before Posting. 
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

Basicly let us know what you can do, if you can contribute the forum moderator will contact you via pm with a list of things to do.
post screenshots of your work if you wish.
I will not tolerate any flames of peoples work in this forum, constructive crits are fine, but no attacks will be allowed. a breach of this basic rule will result in a one week ban, no warning will be given.

05 Mar 2006, 13:16
Cadet
Cadet

I'm currently in the process of getting a copy of the a6 engine. As I'm allready experienced in c++ then I don't think learning the c-script language should take very long.

So I am offering to help with programming. I'm not a graphics guy so I'd be interested in helping with the "under the hood" aspects of the game.

If needed I could write external development tools for the project such as those used to edit ship stats files (assuming you don't just make these text files).

05 Mar 2006, 13:33
Ensign
Ensign

As someone lacking in programing or graphics knowledge id very much appreciate some rudimentry modding tools. Rules ini for RA was about as far as i ever got with modding.

05 Mar 2006, 14:07
Crewman

Hey im back

But my topic has been locked (along with the forum)
http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com/in ... &&start=15

and i have lost moderator priveldges :?
I can help if im wanted however i cannot work at any great speed (due to uni work)

EDIT: Is my splashscreen still being used, i have lost the .psd version of it (which basically means if the graphics in the splash screen need editing or used elsewhere within the game i would have to remake them from scratch) however its large resolution gives it some durability (at least for the splash only)

Creator of Tiberian Sun Retro
http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr

11 Apr 2006, 17:05
Profile WWW
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

i removed your moderator staus as gavin shoulkd not have given it to you, you do not spend enough time on the site t obe a mod.
yes i will still be useing your spalshscreen.

11 Apr 2006, 17:58
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

well offering to help again, allthough i only know about basic programming and design(only did one year of uni and that was in pc hardware and networking), i'm online alot, can discuss stuff and proof read stuff and write text for the game. im online from uk time tues,wed,fri,sat(9:30pm to 3am), thurs (8pm till 3am) and sun,mon(4:30pm till 3am)

12 Apr 2006, 01:36
Ensign
Ensign

dude, I really wanna get back to work..
sorry for my long absence..hopefully...I can get cracking again...I need some sort of inspiration lol...i'll get started again dont worry guys :)

20 Apr 2006, 04:26
Profile ICQ WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
My experience is in build and implementation of a medical laboratory information system. I have also been in a few game beta tests. Sorry I do not write code but I will do what I can. :wink:

10 Jul 2006, 20:18
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hmm...so you've got some experience with database-y type stuff...Jig and MStrobel may have a use for your skills, so just send them a PM (Each) saying what your skills are, programs you have experience with, the sorts of things you'd like to be able to help with, that sort of thing. :wink:

11 Jul 2006, 12:31
Profile WWW
Crewman

I have spent the last few days just reading much of the information here and especially at defedz's BOTF 2 database site.

I can just say: Wow!

I've noted the little need for coders at this point and know that can just slow it down. I would like to offer my services and time in helping with any other material as needed. In particular I noted that the BOTF2 database needs for things such as 'flavour text' for ships, structures, diplomacy etc for races other than the Federation.

31 Aug 2006, 12:15
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I am coming up to speed on MilkShape 3d and have asked to be put down for the Romulan Outpost I, II, and Romulan Starbase I and II models. If that works out then I may be ready to move on to ships, buildings and toilets. :P

Do you know how hard it is to work a Romulan toilet? It is only a little easier than a Borg toilet. The Klingons have no toilets. That is why they are so mean.

27 Oct 2006, 03:51
Crewman

Well as a new comer to this little shindig, I would like to say that I learned of your project on Hailing Frequencies.

I am very much interested in lending my voice to any ingame or narative that needs a voice. I have done work on both books on tape as well as char. voices for several audio programs and radio comercials.

As I am a huge StarTrek fan I would be proud to help out if I can.

Let me know

Scott aka. Da'Har Master K'mpok

10 Jul 2007, 00:17

Hey there, Kmpok, welcome to the site! :D

The voice acting is being handled by Kenneth_of_Borg. He'll probably notice your message within a few hours, but you could always send him a PM.

To my knowledge, the voice acting is complete - but you can always rerecord existing voices to improve on them. We want the best that we can get, so we don't mind having tons of different versions of the same file. Only the best one will be used, so if yours is the best - then you'll be in the game(s). :wink:

I'm glad you've offered to help. We've been pumping out new models and images lately, but other things - like the voice acting - have gone quiet. We are ALWAYS happy to accept new talent into the project, so if you - or anyone else for that matter - fancy doing anything else as well, just say so here.

Welcome to the site.

10 Jul 2007, 08:04
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

No where near complete,.. :D

Now wheres that Mic

Regards Wolfe

10 Jul 2007, 18:04
Crewman

LOL...well I have sent a PM to Kenneth of Borg and as I said to him.

Send me script lines that you would like to have me take a crack at as well as some small idea of Char personality, And I will lay down some tracks.

10 Jul 2007, 19:13
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Do you have access or have you ever played the orignal game?, this would be a good way of getting an understanding of how each species plays out.

If not don't worry, it is *cough* available for download, but only if you've originally bought the game.

Otherwise it would be completely immoral to download,... *cough* completely immoral :D

Regards Wolfe

10 Jul 2007, 20:38
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Sorry I did not see this sooner. I had my head down making ship models. :?
Look here :
http://www.botfii.armadafleetcommand.co ... pic&t=1715

10 Jul 2007, 21:48
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]