View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:07

Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Race pictures for the game (2.5 mb loading) 
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Talosians

The Talosians are an advanced humanoid race characterized by their enlarged craniums. They have very advanced technology, but no spacecraft, as they prefer to remain on their world. They had a turbulent history that culminated with a nuclear war. After a time the remaining Talosians rejoined together and began to expand their mental strength over thousands of years. They have little physical strength but have incredibly advanced telepathic powers, being able to project thoughts and highly realistic images over another's mind. Their low physical strength required them to obtain a workforce from other races, which caused some conflicts. They usually stand neutral with other races, having difficulty understanding others.

02 Dec 2004, 01:29
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Baneans

The Baneans are a humanoid race. In their past, they have had many wars with a races called the Numiri. They are overall peaceful besides their conflict with the Numiri, although they also have a very strict legal system. If someone is found guilty of murder, they are implanted with the last memories of the victim's life and are forced to relive them every 14 hours as punishment. They are capable of spaceflight and have fairly strong warships. They also have advanced technology, especially in the medical field.

02 Dec 2004, 02:22
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Hupyrians

The Hupyrians are a tall, quiet huamnoid race. They have very weak voices and only talk when neccesary. Many of their race are hired as servants for others because of their intense loyalty to those that are their masters, even dying to protect them. They have an average level of technology, however, none of the technology is native, instead being given to them by the Ferengi at their civilization's beginnings. They have no space capabilities. They are willing to cooperate with other races, although they are very unskilled in diplomacy.

02 Dec 2004, 03:52
Crewman

How abou the Orions? I don't see them posted yet. And I think it would be really cool to have species 8472 in the game. But perhaps they can be made as a random factor, like the borg

02 Dec 2004, 12:21
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

as for species 8472, i'd say a no, because they can destroy planets and i've seen many people who say they dont want super weapons in this game and i think that they are not really a race thats of this galaxy.

just a question which minors descriptions are left to do ?

just a nice link for you guys http://www.geocities.com/ktasay/main.html
beware of adware, this link has a few, i have a blocker so none gets through

this link is to a uk site for a very basic descrption of all races in star trek and beleave me thiers loads, called the star trek culteral database

02 Dec 2004, 19:26
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

From what I've been told, Species 8472 will be a dangerous random event, like the borg. So make sure you're ready.

As far as the Orions, I dont know, I've seen people ask for them, but I don't think I've seen a definitive answer. As for myself, I hope the Orions make it in. They are far better known than some of the minors i've seen on the list. You could have their race specific structure be the Orion Slave Girl Strip Club! (1+ Morale) :lol:

Or more realistically, maybe the Orion Slave Network (Bonus to industry, with maybe a drop to morale?)

Either way, please include the Orions!

02 Dec 2004, 23:18
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Raiden_rse--the minor descriptions that aren't done are any of the pictures with no caption on the first page.

Rigel/Hades--idk if the orions will be in, i'd like them to be in, all the races will probably be in eventually.

Iwullf--Here's another description

The Rakosans

The Rakosans are a humanoid species from the planet Rakosa V. They are warp-capable, with their ship technology being fairly rudimentary compared to most. Their ships are usually small and have light armaments and small amounts of shielding. Their technology is about at an average level. They are a peaceful race that enjoy making friends of other races, however, if they are threatened they will not hesitate to defend themselves.

03 Dec 2004, 03:48
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

And here's another description (i have way too much free time to do this)

The Yaderans

The Yaderans are a gentle race from Yadera Prime. They have advanced technology, especially in the field of holographic projections. They are able to make many holographic projections, including sentient ones. The Yaderans prefer to wear light-colored clothing and have a very distinct architectural style. The Yaderans are open to starting diplomatic relations with races.

03 Dec 2004, 03:59
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

when i come back from work i have 2 days free, so i can do lots of work. I just hope that nothing will come inbetween. :D i will add another of your race discriptions, and will make some later on. :wink:

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

03 Dec 2004, 09:29
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Rigel wrote:
From what I've been told, Species 8472 will be a dangerous random event, like the borg. So make sure you're ready.

As far as the Orions, I dont know, I've seen people ask for them, but I don't think I've seen a definitive answer. As for myself, I hope the Orions make it in. They are far better known than some of the minors i've seen on the list. You could have their race specific structure be the Orion Slave Girl Strip Club! (1+ Morale) :lol:

Or more realistically, maybe the Orion Slave Network (Bonus to industry, with maybe a drop to morale?)

Either way, please include the Orions!

First of all can anyone give me a picture of these orions? Then i will see if they will come in or not.

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

03 Dec 2004, 09:31
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Boslics

The Boslics are a humanoid space faring civilization. They are recognizable to their prominent brow and purple hair. They are mostly a race of traders, and many Boslics have a bad reputation. The Boslics prefer peace, but think that wars might open new markets. They don’t have warships, and travel a lot with freighters, which are most of the time poorly armed. Boslics have a high opinion to those that have defended their freighters.

03 Dec 2004, 19:16
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Caldonians

The Caldonians are humanoid race with a love of research. They are a three fingered race and they are over six feet tall. Most Caldonians are scholars who are on a world committed purely to research. They have little advancement in social or engineering fields, but they make this up with their theoretical works in subspace and quantum mechanics. Caldonians are a peaceful race and are willing to cooperate with other species, to expand their knowledge in research and science.

And i've added a new race:

zibalian

03 Dec 2004, 19:34
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Bandi

The Bandi are inhabitant to the Deneb system. They are a humanoid race, with limited technology. The Bandi are known for their stringy, white and grey hair. It is very likely that the Bandi are either transported from their homeworld onto a terraformed world. The Bandi are still living in clans as nomadic wanderers, in search for food and resources. The Bandi are peaceful, but are capable of doing aggressive deeds to accomplish certain targets. The Bandi don’t use spaceships.

03 Dec 2004, 19:48
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Orions

The Orions are a humanoid trading race. The Orions maintain a black marked in female slaves, Dilithium crystals and other rare minerals and materials. The Orions are known for their currency called the Issik. They enslave people of other races to set them to work in mining camps. One of their mightiest organization is called the Orion syndicate, and their main economic motor is full of criminal activities, like slavery, stealing and assassinations.

Orions

Last edited by iwulff on 03 Dec 2004, 20:38, edited 2 times in total.

03 Dec 2004, 20:05
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Barzan

The Barzan are feline humanoids from the planet Barzan. Barzans physiology requires small amounts of ammonia. Their homeworld’s atmosphere is toxic and all visitors wear environmental gear to stay alive on the planet. The Barzan economic depends greatly on rare minerals and the development of environmental support. The technology of the Barzans is up to par with most spacefaring races. The politically view of the Barzans is neutral, to prevent conflicts and war.

03 Dec 2004, 20:26
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Night Race

The night race is a race of humanoid beings who prefer the dark. This species prefers to remain in solitude, and to avoid contact with other races. However they are a friendly society and only attack when their lives are threatened. Their ships carry powerful beam weapons and are capable of taking down most enemies. They prefer to attack in large number with small attack ships. Diplomacy might prove difficult with this race, but they are favorable to those that recognize their borders.

03 Dec 2004, 20:37
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Kellerun

The Kellerun are an advanced race of huamnoids. They are spacefaring with highly advanced weapondry technology. Until recently, they were involved in a centuries long war with the T'Lani. The war was stopped after the disasterous affects of the Harvesters, the nanobiogenic weapons both sides used, were felt. Both sides were then fervent towards peace. They now wish to enter a new era of peace.

04 Dec 2004, 00:56
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Hazari

The Hazari are an extremely violent race. They are known for being hired by other races to work as bounty hunters. They are technologically advanced in many areas. Their ships are very quick, have excellent defence and are very well-armed. Their ships often fight in groups to overrun their enemies. They have a highly organized military structuring to their lives. They will ally with others if it profits them and will fight tirelessly against their enemies. They always honor any agreements they make.

04 Dec 2004, 01:15
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Zalkonians

The Zalkonians are a humanoid race from the planet Zalkon. Their people are characterized by multiple facial ridges. They have a low amount of ship technology but have highly advanced weapondry and can achieve fast warp speeds. Some of the Zalkonian people have begun to move towards an evolutionary change into noncorporeal beings, which begins with the onset of painful isoelectric bursts. Their government, which is highly repressive and militaristic, tries to destroy all evidence of this transmutation.

04 Dec 2004, 01:26
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Mizarians

The Mizarians are a pacifistic humanoid species from Mizar II. The Mizarians are characterized by their grey, wrinkled skin. They have an average level of technology and are not a spacefaring race. They have an adament belief in pure pacifism no matter what happens. In the last 300 years of history, they have been conquered six times. Their pacifism has led them to be neutral with all races, as they would never support a race that may do violence.

04 Dec 2004, 01:49
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Dremans

The Dremans are a pre-warp civilization from the planet Drema IV. Dremans are doll-looking with orange toned skin. Their planet is prone to geological instabilities and is also known for having some of the largest amounts of dilithium ever found. Their technology is post-industrial, with the discovery of the radio already having occured, but they are a long way from space flight.

04 Dec 2004, 02:14
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Bynars

The Bynars are a race of small, pale humanoids from the Bynaus system. The Bynars have a very unique culture, with their people being interlicked into their planetary computer system. Bynars work in pairs and are bound to their partners. They speak in very quick successions of binary code through the use of neural implants. They have highly advanced computer technology and, although they do posess the technology, they do not take part in spaceflight. They are not usually very interested in joining the intergalactic community and in communicating with other races.

04 Dec 2004, 02:25
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Bothans

The Bothans are a humanoid race with extraordinary telepathic abilities. They can send telepathic delusions into the minds of others, causing them to enter a catatonic state. The Bothans are characterized by the large multitude of facial ridges they have. They have an average level of technology and have rudimentary warp technology. The Bothans are very territorial and will attack any that enter their space.

04 Dec 2004, 16:52
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The T'Lani

The T'Lani are a humanoid race from the T'Lani system. They were at war for centuries against the Kellerun, in which they sustained heavy losses, including all of the population of a planet. After the disasterous consequences of the Harvester weapons were known, the T'Lani made peace with the Kellerun. The T'Lani ships are well-armed and are capable of warp drive. They have advanced weapons technology and are on par with other races in most other areas. The T'Lani are now trying to make friends of other races.

04 Dec 2004, 23:24
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Well it looks like we got a pic and some info for the Orions. :)

Hey OmniQ, just wondering, where do you find all these descriptios?

05 Dec 2004, 00:38
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

i usually find a few of different descriptions, take some basic parts, and reword them. I usually get them from:
http://species.acalltoduty.com/
and this link i got from iwulff http://www.digisys.net/users/cosmo/races.htm
plus i search google.com with the phrase "x species" (replacing x with whatever race)

05 Dec 2004, 01:49
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Ornarans

The Ornarans are a humanoid species from the planet Delos III. They are characterized by an extra cartilage bridge on their nose. They can emit an electrical discharge that is capable of incapacitating others. Two centuries in their past, they suffered from a plague. The Brekkians supplied them with the drug Felicium, which cured the plague. Until the recent end to the freighter shipments, the Ornarans were addicted to the Felicium. Until recently, little progress was made technologically because of the costs of the Felicium. They have a technology level that is under par compared to most races. They do have spaceflight capabilities, but this is limited to some impulse freighters, and they do not have warp drive. They are now beginning to make friends with other races after their newfound freedom from the drug.

05 Dec 2004, 02:04
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Sphere Builders

The Sphere Builders are a race of trans-dimensional beings. They are known for the large spheres that they built in the Delphic Expanse to attempt to transform it's environment to make it habitable for them. They are aggressively expansive and will use any means necessary to accomplish this goal. They are worshipped by a number of species because of how advanced they are. They have highly advanced and dangerous technology, including that which allows them to examine possible outcomes of the timeline. They have advanced spaceflight capabilities. Any diplomacy they undertake is usually only a ploy to further their conquests.

05 Dec 2004, 02:16
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Algolians

The Algolians are a humanoid race distinguished by their golden leathery skin and the small circular openings around their head. They originate from the Algol system. They have technology that is up to par with most races. They possess the technology for spaceflight, although they rarely use it. They are well known for the ceremonial music that they play at special occasions. They are usually a friendly and peaceful people.

05 Dec 2004, 05:39
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Xyrillians

The Xyrillians are a short race with dermal plating that has tones ranging from brown to orange. The dermal plating also gives them their empathic abilities. Their technology is up to par with that of most races. They are spacefaring, with lightly armed ships capable of fast speeds. Physiologically, the Xyrillians are different from most races, with the male of the species getting pregnant instead of the female. They are able to produce an electrical charge when in contact with another. The Xyrillians are a peaceful people and like to make allies of others.

05 Dec 2004, 18:32
Reply to topic   [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next