View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 06:26

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Help Wanted: Diplomacy Scenarios 
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Hey guys, I'm starting to design the diplomacy sytem in Supremacy, and it's going to require a lot of planning. It would help drastically if I had a few volunteers to write some diplomactic scenarios. Specifically, I'd like detailed hypothetical sequences of diplomatic interactions that could occur in the game. The more complex, the better. It would help to include situations that might be somewhat uncommon or easily overlooked (one race gets mutually exclusive treaty offers from two other races on the same turn).

The sequences should outline the diplomatic events and changes in relations between a group of 2 or more races, preferably no more than 3 or 4 to keep things from getting excessively long and detailed. It might go something like this:

Turn 21: Federation makes contact with Klingons, relationship is initially 'Neutral'
Turn 22: Klingons declare war on Federation, relationship changed to 'War'
Turn 25: Federation makes contact with Betazoids, relationship is initially 'Neutral'
Turn 28: Klingons make contact with Betazoids, relationship is initially 'Neutral'
Turn 29: Federation and Betazoids sign non-aggression pact, relationship changed to 'Peace'
Turn 30: Federation and Klingons sign non-aggression pact, relationship changed to 'Peace'
Turn 37: Federation and Betazoids sign Friendship treaty, relationship changed to 'Friendly'
Turn 38: Klingons offer bribe to Betazoids to break treaty with Federation, Betazoids refuse
... etc ...

The basics of diplomacy can be found in the BotF2 MasterPlan sections 5.05 / Treaty Types and 5.06 / Political Relationships. You can ignore the 'Victory' treaty and the 'Dependency' and 'Occupied' relationships, as I haven't decided if they will be included.

If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks to anyone who volunteers.

15 Nov 2006, 00:22
Profile WWW
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Feds meet romys in sector j25
feds and romys argue about space
feds and romys declair a buffer zone between border edges of space near each other (neutral zone formed, show if poss with a X in sector to show its part of neutral zone).

If poss. :)

15 Nov 2006, 01:05
Commander
Commander

I'll give it a try. I would just need a list of what races would be in the game, aside from the Major players.

15 Nov 2006, 07:44
Profile YIM
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

It doesn't necessarily have to reflect the correct races. You can pick any of the races from BotF, or any of the "Key Races" from the BotF2 MasterPlan.

15 Nov 2006, 07:47
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]