View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 May 2024, 16:00

Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 ships for the game 
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Nothing in that whole movie made sense. But if we get the Scimitar to play with out of it, then I guess the movie wasnt a completewaste.

14 Sep 2005, 18:26
Crewman

Well from what I've seen so far - the ships are gonna be amazing, especially the cardassian ones.

14 Sep 2005, 23:25
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Rigel wrote:
Nothing in that whole movie made sense. But if we get the Scimitar to play with out of it, then I guess the movie wasnt a completewaste.

Am I the only one who hated the esign of Scimitar? It looks like a Dominion battleship with spikes on it. Having it as a Romulan ship will seem a little bizarre and screw up the lineage slightly. It would be like having; Constitution>Excelsior>Ambassador>Galaxy>Ferengi Marauder. It looks like nothing that's come before.

I propose the Valdore either be the premiere Romulan ship, or design something new- something Scimitar sized but more Romulan, with the Valdore as a smaller counterpart.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see the Scimitar, but maybe as a random or something.

15 Sep 2005, 09:22
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

As far as I know, the Valdore IS the premiere Battleship of the Romulans. I haven't heard anyone mention about the Scimitar even being in the game in quite a while.

Dafedz has not put the Scimitar into his ship lists or stats - I know they aren't 'official' lists or stats, but they are the closest thing we have until the game is released. Besides, Gavin may decide to use them...

15 Sep 2005, 12:25
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Well going on Gavin's recent comments the game is done and dusted, he just needs a few more models which is why jig's working like crazy. I'd imagine he's used the Dafedz stats as he's contributing to ships etc, which is great cos they are awesome stats. :D

15 Sep 2005, 12:43
Crewman

Does anyone know if the correct name has been given to the Valdore? The Valdore was the name of one ship, not the class name. The class name of that type of warbird is the Norexian class. Matress, since you seem to been in relative contact, I was wondering if Daf or Gavin have corrected the class name.

15 Sep 2005, 15:11
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

downsizeit wrote:
Does anyone know if the correct name has been given to the Valdore? The Valdore was the name of one ship, not the class name. The class name of that type of warbird is the Norexian class. Matress, since you seem to been in relative contact, I was wondering if Daf or Gavin have corrected the class name.

There was no mention in Nemesis of the class name of those ships, and no class name has been proposed by the ship's designer. The only name we have is the name of that one vessel, the Valdore.

Norexan is a name that's been doing the rounds in fandom ever since it was invented for some kind of Trek card game or something.

Neither is the 'official' class name, but Valdore at least is canon for that one ship.

15 Sep 2005, 15:53
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Dafedz has not put the Scimitar into his ship lists or stats - I know they aren't 'official' lists or stats, but they are the closest thing we have until the game is released. Besides, Gavin may decide to use them...
No offense to daf, but I would take alot of whats on his lists for this game with a grain of salt.

BTW, SOM I completely agree with you on the thoghts about design lineage. Doesnt mean I wouldnt want to blow up some Scimitars with my fleet of Hidekis and Galors. :)

15 Sep 2005, 18:17

Downsizeit, i've never personally spoken to Gavin, and I only 'talk' to Jig through the forums and PM's.

I was 'talking' to iwulff on MSN the day before yesterday, but he doesn't know anything about the games development coz he's been on a bit of a break from BOTF development.

I only managed to get hold of him myself coz I lunged into MSN at the exact moment he signed in. :wink: :lol:

All i'm saying is that development-wise, I know about as much as you. :wink:

If ever it seems like I know more, it's usually because I managed to get one more scrap of information through someone else that has talked to the devs, or I was able to read between the lines of the various posts by the devs. :wink:

That's a requirement of the Tal Shiar, if you wanted to know. :lol:

I had thought the Norexan was the second of the two Valdores that were in Nemesis. There was definitely two Romulan ships fighting the Scimitar, and one of them had their engines completely destroyed, the other one was the Valdore. Is this wrong then SOM? I haven't seen Nemesis in a while. :oops:

Rigel, like I said, Dafed's stats are the best we have to go on, for now. :wink:

They might not be perfect, but how can you come up with 'perfect' stats? Everyone has their own idea of what the stats should be like for a particular ship.

15 Sep 2005, 18:43
Profile WWW
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

dafs stats are the ones for the game.

15 Sep 2005, 19:00

Well, the pink one has spoken, so that's the end of that.

If you still don't agree with them, you can always mod them, Rigel. It's not as if you'll be the only one doing it... :wink: :lol:

15 Sep 2005, 19:03
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I didnt say they were bad or anything, I just didnt think they were going to be used in the game. But I guess I was wrong. :oops:

16 Sep 2005, 03:33
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Matress_of_evil wrote:

I had thought the Norexan was the second of the two Valdores that were in Nemesis. There was definitely two Romulan ships fighting the Scimitar, and one of them had their engines completely destroyed, the other one was the Valdore. Is this wrong then SOM? I haven't seen Nemesis in a while. :oops:

Nah, that brown ship was never given a name in the movie. I love that battle and I've watched it a lot.

Jig- That's good news, I like Daf's stats. :D

16 Sep 2005, 08:19

Wow...a Klingon explaining Romulan ships to me... :lol:

Thanks SOM.

16 Sep 2005, 09:55
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Actually, while on the subject of Romulan vessels, I'd like to propose an amendment if it's not too late.

I think one of the larger Romulan cruisers prior to the D'Deridex should be called a Warbird. In 'Yesterday's Enterprise' the Ent-C was attacked by "4 Warbirds" at some point in the 2340's. They clearly stated that the Warbirds of the day would be no match for the Enterprise-D, so they were clearly an older design. Also, Picard has referred to the D'Deridex as a B-Type Warbird on occasion, implying the Warbirds at Khitomer were A-Type? I bet the Valdore class are probably referred to as C-Type Warbirds.

16 Sep 2005, 16:52
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I also think in my mod I'll wind up renaming all the Dominion ship classes. No offense to everyone's hard work, but I just can't picture Sisko looking ultra panicked screaming "I've detected 3 Gecko class starships!". I'd figure class names and tradition etc would be irrelevent for the Dominion, they engineer their ships like they engineer their soldiers- mass produced and efficient. I'd bet they'd have numbers or something, like the Attack ship would be R-115 Class or something. I very much doubt each ship is named, they're expendable cannon fodder, they'll just have registries.

16 Sep 2005, 16:58

And there was me thinking you were going to have the Dominion vessel named Cube 187438494, Sphere 3893947 or something... :lol:

I do know of a Romulan ship that I would like to be in the game. It certainly isn't canon, but it could work as a Warbird. It is called the D'Kazanak class.

It looks the part at least, since it is a relatively small ship (Compared to a D'deridex) but it has the 'open wing' configuration of a D'deridex, only smaller.

It also has a large engine section, which the D'deridex lacks, probably because the D'deridex has more advanced engines. Anyway, here's what it looks like (If you recognise it, it's coz i've posted pics before :wink:)

Sorry I couldn't make the pictures any smaller, I lost them when I had to restart the computer! I can only show them coz photobucket keeps hosting them for me. :wink:

I made these pics with Starfleet Command 2, which is why it has Phasers... :evil: :roll:

16 Sep 2005, 19:45
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Nice! SFC 1,2 & 3, Armada 2 and BC should be used as sources for good starships for all races :D

16 Sep 2005, 22:07
Profile ICQ
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Too bad nobody was considering this - forget the Prometheus, this thig ROCKS!

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... itan;47215

03 Oct 2005, 01:14
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

8O 8O 8O 8O
Nice...
But I'd still pick a Promie any day :D

03 Oct 2005, 20:31
Crewman

Quote:
Too bad nobody was considering this - forget the Prometheus, this thig ROCKS!

Hey the ship looks alright, but it kind of a mis match between a galaxy and a sovreighn...what's that about? Do the engineering hull nacelles move down when its apart or not, they look like they shouldn't but when seperate they are down?

I take it that there has not been an 'official' look for Capt Riker's USS Titan on Star Trek.com?

06 Oct 2005, 13:44
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I don't like that ship, it looks slightly fanboyish.

The Titan was mentioned but not seen, and since we're unlikely to see the 24th century for a while (if ever), I guess it's open to interpretation as to what class it is. I've always thought it was a Galaxy, just seems like the type of ship Will would love to command. It must be of a certain size to warrant a counsellor with the rank and experience of Troi, something with a small crew would only warrant someone like Ezri at best. Riker's a pretty high profile and experienced officer now also, and has been offered numerous commands, not to mention he has been promoted to full Captain, I'd bet he'll get a pretty decent sized ship.

06 Oct 2005, 15:59
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

SonOfMogh wrote:
The Titan was mentioned but not seen, and since we're unlikely to see the 24th century for a while (if ever), I guess it's open to interpretation as to what class it is. I've always thought it was a Galaxy, just seems like the type of ship Will would love to command. It must be of a certain size to warrant a counsellor with the rank and experience of Troi, something with a small crew would only warrant someone like Ezri at best. Riker's a pretty high profile and experienced officer now also, and has been offered numerous commands, not to mention he has been promoted to full Captain, I'd bet he'll get a pretty decent sized ship.

The USS Titan is actually a new class of ship altogether, the Luna Class it's called in the new Star Trek: Titan book. It actually doesn't have an official look yet that I know of. There was a contest on the design of it but I don't think it's over.

I don't really like that "Galaxy EVO" from the link either. It actually looks like a Nova saucer on a Galaxy stardrive. IMO the proportions are screwed up. When I see the Galaxy warp nacelles I expect to see a Galaxy saucer on top!

250GB SATA and 200GB IDE Hard drives
ATI Radeon X1900XTX w/512MB
19" 16x10 Moniter
_______
Banana Banana Banana Banana Terracotta Banana Terracotta, Terracotta Pie!!!

09 Oct 2005, 02:35
Profile YIM WWW

Actually, TheWhiteRaven, the winning design has already been chosen, and quite frankly - it's ugly. :(

I've never read any of the books, but i did have my own idea of how it roughly looked, and this thing is nothing like it.

Mutilated Intrepid with a pod just about sums it up.

http://www.simonsays.com/content/feature.cfm?sid=44&feature_id=4347

09 Oct 2005, 12:06
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Actually, TheWhiteRaven, the winning design has already been chosen, and quite frankly - it's ugly. :(

I've never read any of the books, but i did have my own idea of how it roughly looked, and this thing is nothing like it.

http://www.simonsays.com/content/feature.cfm?sid=44&feature_id=4347

the word "kitbash" comes to mind, sovereign and akira with a little bit of nebula in the pod.... yawn

09 Oct 2005, 16:01
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Pretty much.

09 Oct 2005, 18:01
Crewman

I agree, it's uninspiring at best. What a shame. We shouldn't stand for it!!!

10 Oct 2005, 12:31
Profile WWW
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

This is just a quicky. One of the Card designs here, in basic form with basic texture. It will probably be the Jurdek Class Heavy Destroyer when it's done.

http://www.trekmania.net/temp_files/cardnew4.jpg

20 Oct 2005, 20:18
Profile WWW

Hmm...it does look like a Heavy Destroyer.

Perhaps basic is how it should be though? They are Cardassian, afterall. :wink:

20 Oct 2005, 20:28
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Looks cool dafedz. Definitely Cardassian enough. :lol:

21 Oct 2005, 09:21
Reply to topic   [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next