View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 18:27

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Listed Bugs 
As Im playing this game I just want to state the bugs I come across while playing. Its a amazing game... Id even purchase it at the level the game is now.

1. Summary and Main Menu screens flickers constantly in Map Screen

2. Processing Turn bar graph flickers during calculating stage

3. Cannot press main menu selections while in Diplomacy area

4. Game freeze turn 21

My own Suggestions ...

1. Darker color Interface to look similar to Federation in BOTF

2. Federation territory color to be lighter

3. Allow Starships to go to specific planet... Allow starship(s) to bombard specific planet / moon

4. Post name of Starship Under starship picture and level status bars

5. In production screen the planets, and system information area should be smaller in height.

6. The statistics in production (Build list) should be longer in height to allow all information posted to screen without scoll option

7. Special features to be included in ships (for example. Construction ship could build a cloak detection grid in systems. During random events... when asteriod hits planet... Federation starships provide .5% population growth, 20 food, etc.)

8. Enhanced Technology upgrades - When Federation achieves new technology and upgrades ship class cruiser 1 to cruiser 2... this should not be automatic... starships should be forced to go to starbase to undergo refit.

9. Leader section - Allow officer pool to have officers that can be assigned to lead fleets. Each officer will have special abilities, either disaster recovery, to assault speciliaties.

10. Allow trading of technologies between races - Such as trading cloak for 100000 credits, etc.,

11. Allow of destruction of wormhole stability (Total destruction of wormhole)

12. In Diplomacy screen allow area for player to specify exact amount of credits, raw materials, etc. he wishes to give. A area that player can type in amount.

13. Allow certain weapons / technologies to be developed to destroy entire planets and even systems

14. Implimenting the warp destruction effect (Where warp speed prior to 2367 damages subspace, and creates anamolies) after a certain amount of time in the game... for the player to avoid this he must achieve a certain level of propulsion and have all ships undergo refit. This event / feature should also be incorporated into diplomacy as other races will have a negative attitude to you if your space has too many warp destruction areas... this feature should also be able to spread to nearby systems. For example. A warp destruction effect develops in SOL... ships however continue to travel through SOL... the WDE starts at level 1.... after 20 turns it becomes level 2... and damages the shields of ships passing through... after 60 turns the level is at 8... and now ships passing through area will be severly damaged or destroyed. Now once level 10 hits the effect spreads to nearby system and starts at level 1 there.

15. In Diplomacy negative ratings toward you should include a primary reason... For Example. Horta Rating: -10 - Primary Dispute: Border

16. Espionage/Sabotage should be included in game. In this feature player should be allowed to determine what type of Espionage and Sabotage he wishes and where. Ex. Player to perform espionage at Romulus (planet) in the area of military strength.

17. Allow HUGE map to be a little bit bigger

If you want to hear more... contact me

---

By the way love the fuel option... in Supremacy (I had such a feature when developing Universal Evolution)

I must admit this is a amazing game... actually thats a understatement... this is the best alpha title and will be the best game once released. mstrobel is a genius.

Contact me at JeanNYGUARD@yahoo.com or AOL IM: JeanRifleFactor

Last edited by JeanNRA on 28 Dec 2007, 02:56, edited 2 times in total.

28 Dec 2007, 02:03
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Hi again, Jean. I look forward to reviewing your list of suggestions when I have time to give them my full attention (it's a bit hectic here at the moment ;)). Regarding the flickering, what version of Windows are you running? There may be a hotfix for that issue.

28 Dec 2007, 02:06
Profile WWW
XP

It might be that I have to update my windows applications. I havent used updated windows for a bit.

28 Dec 2007, 02:14
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

JeanNRA wrote:
XP

It might be that I have to update my windows applications. I havent used updated windows for a bit.

There's a hotfix that's not publicly available yet that deals with performance issues with "translucent" windows (like the summary window and right-click menu in Supremacy). You can try applying this patch and see if it helps--it may or may not, but it's worth a shot. The patch is a Microsoft Windows XP hotfix, so it's not specific to Supremacy,

28 Dec 2007, 02:52
Profile WWW
Thanks Mstrobel ... will add this to my system. I appreciate it.

Also have a few more suggestions ... lol ... dont mean to step on your toes... hoping suggestions are welcome

18. In Diplomacy ... Allow trading of ships between races. Ex. Deep Space 9 under Federation Control

19. In combat ... Being able to neutralize ships and stations ... in order to add them to your fleet / power

28 Dec 2007, 02:58
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

JeanNRA wrote:
In combat ... Being able to neutralize ships and stations ... in order to add them to your fleet / power

This feature has been discussed a few times. I always end up rejecting it for the same reason: it introduces a whole new set of mechanics. You need a mechanism for capturing a ship--the obvious solution is a combination of transporters and personnel. That not only requires new controls, but also a whole new set of rules and mechanics governing how and when ships may be captured. What if you end up with only two ships in combat, and both neutralize eachother simultaneously? You're now left in an ambiguous state. There are a lot of new edge cases that must be explored. This introduces a significant amount of additional programming effort. That in itself is not necessarily bad, but you must weigh the additional work against the added value. In the vast majority of cases, I can't see this feature delivering enough additional gameplay value to justify the added complexity in both gameplay and programming.

I'll never shoot down a feature because it requires more work, but the amount of added value has to justify the time investment. This is one of those "sure would be nice" features that just can't sell itself ;).

28 Dec 2007, 03:45
Profile WWW
how about instead of having personel and transporters.... to have s ship or ships have a option to disable enemy ship ... not use transporters or personell. For example. Battle begins... but just instead of clicking charge or attack... click disable... then if the ship becomes too damaged to retreat and the rest of the enemy runs away.... you can order your shhips to click capture... and whoever wins the battle... gets the disabled ship .... (Even if the enemy would have one of your ships disabled... by you winning the battle you default... and have both your ship and theirs)

28 Dec 2007, 07:11
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Jean's post reminded me about something that I've been meaning to do for months now. I've written up a guide to proposing new features. Anyone who is interested in making suggestions for new features needs to read this guide, as it will undoubtedly save you time (and save me time!). This guide is only a first draft, and I'll make revisions to it over time, as well as follow up with some case studies of various features that have been accepted, rejected, or refactored, and dig into the reasoning behind those decisions. It should help all you non-programmers out there understand the kinds of considerations we have to make in game design :).

28 Dec 2007, 07:14
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]