View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 00:42

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 What the... 
Crewman

I cannot download supremacy from anywhere on the internet. Everything, including the links on this forum, lead me to the main page! H E L P!

29 Oct 2007, 14:04
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

What OS and browser are you using? I wouldn't fret just yet, as there's a problem with the latest Supremacy release anyway, so I've temporarily removed the link.

29 Oct 2007, 17:17
Profile WWW
Crewman

vistra 32 bit, internet explorer

29 Oct 2007, 20:55
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Well, you can try right-clicking the Supremay download link and click "Save Target As...". Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Be sure to re-read the original post in the Supremacy Pre-Release Download thread, as there is now a new requirement to run the game.

29 Oct 2007, 21:13
Profile WWW
Crewman

You know, I real enjoy the fact that there are people who dedicate their time to a project such as this. But it seems to me that if you have a stickied topic in this forum for new members to look at, and in that topic it alludes to a link that doesn't work, and hasn't worked since I've stumbled upon this project (a couple months ago).

The link that mstrobel also alluded to is located here. Maybe you guys could update the Useless Sticky Thread, and instead of having a dead link, actual information could be provided?

Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but I just spent 10 minutes scratching my head as to why the heck the link didn't work, and I remember the last time that I tried downloading the demo, and the same crap happened. It took a google search for me to actually get to the pre-release thread in a different forum from this. Which I also don't understand the point of having two separate forums that both deal in planning. But what do I know?

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help a little, updating the sticky would be very beneficial to newbies.

02 Jan 2008, 15:00
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

:| I wonder how many newbies we've confused. Good thing you told us.

02 Jan 2008, 15:20
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Oh wow, I had no idea that stickied thread even existed. You can blame matress_of_evil for that. I've corrected both links so that they now point to the Pre-Release Download Thread. Thanks for pointing that out :).

I'm not sure which other forum you're referring to, though. This is the only forum related to Supremacy that I'm aware of, and if there's another, I'd like to know where it is.

02 Jan 2008, 16:29
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I've deleted my offending post; I don't even remember writing it!

The Supremacy Pre-release download thread is the only place that you should look for Supremacy links. If you find them elsewhere there is no way of knowing if they are up to date, so don't bother downloading them. With any luck, we'll have a proper downloads section for the games soon, but the Pre-release Download thread will likely continue to be the place for the most up to date download links.

02 Jan 2008, 16:39
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Jean's working on a Supremacy site to aggregate Supemacy-related news, developer logs, etc. from the BotF2 forums and SharePoint. That will be a good place to host a proper download page :).

02 Jan 2008, 18:15
Profile WWW
Crewman

I was referring to the two sub forums. Supremacy Chat and Screens, Info, and Planning.

Edit: Also, I think the stickied thread was a good idea in general, you would just need a link to the newest pre-release thread or whatever. Right now it seems even more daunting to find it. I feel sort of dumb now for not just checking the other forum right away, but I think there could be a lot of confusion with that.

Obviously a dedicated site would solve most of the tediousness.

03 Jan 2008, 00:42

Personally I like having it in a thread - but that's just coz I know these forums. I understand noobs would have problems - and that's why I wrote that post. I still don't remember writing it though. :? :oops: :lol:

Meh, i'll make a new one and post a link pointing to the thread rather than a download link. I'll put it in both forums to eliminate confusion. :wink:

03 Jan 2008, 00:55
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Meh, i'll make a new one and post a link pointing to the thread rather than a download link. I'll put it in both forums to eliminate confusion. :wink:
alrighty :).

03 Jan 2008, 00:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]