View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 06:50

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HELLO EVERYBODY new kid on the block 
Crewman

HELLO EVERYBODY. I've just found this site in my travels. I was wondering if there was ever a sequael to BOTF. I used to play a fair bit but the advance of technology forced me to scrap it.
I've spent a few hours playing and I have a couple questions for you.

1. How do you upgrade ships and stations. Like from a Outpost1 - Outpost2 or a Cruiser1 - Cruiser2
2. How do you scrap ships and stations. I can scrap buildings on the ground but nothing in space

3. I'm not sure if this is an error or a result of early days, but in singleplayer somewhere between turn 100 to 200 the game freezes with a message saying connection with server lost. Then it sits on the main menu screen with all options grayed out. The only way out is if I close the program via the control pannel and start again.

16 Jan 2009, 00:19
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hey N1986, welcome to the forums! :)

...When you say you had to scrap the game...do you mean you got rid of it? I hope you didn't, because there are actually ways around the march of technology. I'm not sure about Vista because I don't have Vista, but it is definitely possible to get BOTF to work on XP.

Try registering on Armadafleetcommand.com. AFC is the only internet community still dedicated to BOTF - in fact, they were actually our parent forums until mid 2007. The AFC download section has fan-made patches and mods for BOTF. Many of the mods even add in new ships! You can only access the download section if you're a registered member though.

...But don't worry if you have got rid of the game, as one of their downloads is a full copy of the game that doesn't need a disk to be in the drive. You just need to follow These Instructions On The AFC Forums to download and install it. :mrgreen:

1. You can't currently upgrade ships. This feature will eventually be in the game, it just hasn't been programmed yet. You can't upgrade stations yet either.

2. Same answer. Ship scrapping hasn't been programmed yet either, but it will be in the game. Please remember the game is a work-in-progress; a lot still needs to be done.

3. The freeze bug is a very well-known problem, and one that has plagued the game for a very long time. We have no idea what the cause is, but we're looking. The only recommendation I can make is to save your game on a regular basis. If you manage to save a game on the turn before a freeze occurs, it would be helpful if you could attach a copy of your .sav file to a post on these forums; you can find the .sav files in your main Supremacy folder. Mike might be able to trace the cause of the freeze in the save files if he has access to them. :)

16 Jan 2009, 00:31
Profile WWW
Crewman

Didn't know that. I'll check out those sites.

Cheers.

18 Jan 2009, 01:36
Crewman

Well I think I'll give it a miss. I'll wait for this one. Don't worry guys, I am a patient person. :lol:

21 Jan 2009, 02:19

Give what a miss? Are you having problems with BOTF or Supremacy? We might be able to help...

21 Jan 2009, 10:58
Profile WWW
Crewman

Ive been playing botf thanks to the link, its a great game. If supremacy is going to be anything like this when finished, its going to be awesome.

22 Jan 2009, 09:48
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]