View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 04:21

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Reason for pbd (palm database) files in the Supremacy folder 
Crewman

I have noticed that there are about eight pbd files in the supremacy folder. These I recognize as palm database files. I tried to run them on an old palm I found, but it seemed not to work. The files themselves have not been used by the game, as they have not been accessed by the game(or the game does not tell Windows). I was simply wondering if anyone knew the reason for these unused files, are they there for a plan to put Supremacy in a portable platform?

15 Mar 2009, 03:42
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hey Andorians-rule, welcome to the forums! :)

I have no idea about these potentially rogue files; I didn't even know that palm computers used different file formats. It's possible that these files really are rogue, or Mike has got plans for them in the future. I've given him a nudge about this anyways so hopefully he'll post here soon.

Thanks for the heads up, and let us know if you notice anything else about the game that looks strange.

15 Mar 2009, 19:59
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Actually, these .pdb files are Program Database files. They contain debugging information that can be used by a debugger or the .NET runtime. Including these files allows the runtime to tell me the exact line of code on which an error occurs. There is one for each assembly (.exe or .dll) in the game.

15 Mar 2009, 21:30
Profile WWW
Crewman

mstrobel wrote:
Actually, these .pdb files are Program Database files. They contain debugging information that can be used by a debugger or the .NET runtime. Including these files allows the runtime to tell me the exact line of code on which an error occurs. There is one for each assembly (.exe or .dll) in the game.

Thank you, I was wondering what they were there for if they did not run on a palm device. Yet another example of mixups due to same file suffixes.

18 Mar 2009, 02:09
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]