View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 May 2024, 10:05

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Simple Game Question 
Crewman

Playing as the Feds, I try to build a ship. The interface shows it as "unpowered". I do not have the dilithium, so I build a refinery. I assign 2 workers from the pool to operate the energy producers. Console shows I have 1 dilithium, enough energy, and enough raw materials and officers, but it still shows 'unpowered'. Any suggestions?

Thansk in advance,

GB

02 Apr 2009, 21:23
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

This is an easy enough problem to solve - you haven't turned the shipyard on! :wink:

Shipyards - and most other special structures - need power before they will work. IF your system has enough spare energy to turn on the structure on the same turn that the structure is completed, it will automatically start working from that turn. If however, your system doesn't, then the structure will simply lie dormant until YOU turn it on - even if the system later on starts producing enough spare energy for it to turn on. (This ensures structures that you don't want turned on don't automatically turn themselves on)

Turning a structure on is easy; just click on the structures button whilst you are on any of the system pages, then, if you have enough energy, click on the image of the building once to turn it on. If you decide you want to turn a structure off, then just click its image once more. The amount of energy the structure needs is shown next to the image, and the amount of surplus energy the system is currently producing is shown on the left-hand side of the screen.

02 Apr 2009, 22:23
Profile WWW
Crewman

Worked like a charm until turn 27. Then Supremacy froze (submitted in bug thread).

In any event, thanks for the good info, MoE!

GB

03 Apr 2009, 03:04

It's probably just the random freeze bug that you encountered. You were lucky it wasn't a several-hundred turn game or something. That's happened to me before now. Image

Let us know if you have any more game questions, we'll try to help as best we can. :)

03 Apr 2009, 11:02
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hi all,

i´m new in this Forum and my english isnt rly well ^^. I have found yesterday this version of BotF2, and after some Hours where i have try it to start i succeed.

So my question is now:
- in Single Player Mode there isnt atm Battle Mode, AI and some other things which i has found in forums.

Do this game still constantly Updated and i need to wait or is this Project stopped cuz Problems with Paramount.

I have this question cuz i have found BotE too but thats wasnt rly what i search. I havnt understand rly all so i dont know about BotE is another project or the same with BotF2 Supremacy. :s

And ofcourse Great work from the guys which work on it, rly nice job u done there :)

Best Reguards

BelZe

15 Apr 2009, 07:38

Hey BelZeBuB, welcome to the forums! :)

The game does NOT yet have an AI or battle mode. The AI is under development but won't be ready for at least a year. The battle mode is being worked on as a separate program and will be merged into the game once it is ready. You can download the current version of the battle mode from Here. Unfortunately, it does NOT work in Windows Vista and hasn't been updated in a few months, but CdrWolfe is still working on it.

Supremacy is still under development. There haven't been any updates since christmas, but that's simply because the next update is a big one (Programming-wise). The update is due any time now.

BotE is an alternative project that we are also helping. It is a rival project to Supremacy and is being created by a group of Germans. If you want to discuss the game, then speak to Malvoisin about it; Malvoisin knows a lot more about BotE than I do.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

15 Apr 2009, 08:17
Profile WWW
Crewman

Ty, u helped me much,

so i will wait a bit more and are happy to know that the game will go on :) my Translater in german works fine so i havnt problems with english games :)

I forgot, it will be possible to play Borg too later or isnt in ur planing ?

15 Apr 2009, 09:56

No, we don't plan to make the Borg playable, but there won't be anything stopping people from modding the game to make them playable. We're definitely aiming to make the Borg a much mnore ominous - but also more realistic - threat than they were in BOTF though.

We plan to make the Borg a random event, but it will also be based on tech advancement - the more advanced the most powerful empire is (Which isn't necessarily you), the greater the risk of a Borg invasion. Not researching to avoid the Borg is therefore not going to be a viable option. The Borg will have multiple ship designs instead of just a Cube, and their invasion fleets will slowly increase in strength and/or size over time as you fend them off. Winning a battle against them will therefore simply make them want to attack you even more! The Borg will also attack the strongest empire first - regardless of whether that is you or another empire. Once that empire has been wiped out, they will move on to the next, and so on.

And there's more. If the Borg manage to assimilate a star system, that system will in effect become a spawning ground for new Borg ships - so they have more ships to attack and assimilate with. In BOTF, assimilated systems spawned one ship and that was it. We plan to make them continuously spawn ships over time, and the size of the ships spwaned - and the frequency with which they are spawned - will increase as more systems are assimilated.

But there's more! Whilst this isn't definite, we plan to allow the creation of anti-Borg alliances between the various empires. The precise details of these still need to be discussed though, and it isn't definite that anti-Borg alliances will make it into the final version of the game.

And there's more! We also plan to include Species 8472. If it is possible to program, we plan to make 8472 an anti-everything race - they will attack both empires and the Borg, but will focus on the Borg. And when they attack star systems, they won't simply wipe out the population - they will destroy the planets themselves, leaving only an Asteroid field. 8472 will therefore be both a pain and a blessing, but will also allow for some truly epic battles in the game. 8-)

15 Apr 2009, 22:43
Profile WWW
Crewman

O.o

just one thing i have to say ..

OMG :D

Take u time with programing, it will be very very nice for sure . I dont play another Game anymore. But sure if i read this it would be nice to Play Borg, but also nice to play without them.

nice nice :)

16 Apr 2009, 11:22
Crewman

Hi I'm new to the fourms. I just have one question. I cant seem to upgrade my shipyards and i was just wondering if that hadn't been put into the game yet or if i have just had a crappy download. other then that one problem the game is outstanding and i love it.

21 May 2009, 16:58
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

rakdoc187 wrote:
Hi I'm new to the fourms. I just have one question. I cant seem to upgrade my shipyards and i was just wondering if that hadn't been put into the game yet or if i have just had a crappy download. other then that one problem the game is outstanding and i love it.

This was a bug in the game data, but I published a new update last night that should fix it. You will need to start a new game for the change to take effect, though--your saved games will still have this problem.

21 May 2009, 17:01
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks i really appericate it keep up the great work on an awesome game.

21 May 2009, 19:11
Crewman

Hello All

A note to say you blokes are doing a great job here in making a great game. I am having a ball playing the game and can't wait for the combat to be implemeted as well.

anyway congrats and keep up the good work.

10 Oct 2009, 10:23

Welcome to the forums traker, and thanks for the kind words! :smile:

Just in case you didn't know, we've got a demo of the combat system available for download from This Thread. The combat system is currently a stand-alone program that is unrelated to Supremacy, and is at a VERY early stage in development and is being developed by CdrWolfe. We hope to merge the combat system into Supremacy at a later stage when the combat system and Supremacy are complete enough for such a merger.

Before you download the combat system, I ask that you read my entire information post in that link as there are a number of issues that you need to be aware of both before and during installation of the combat system.

Have fun. :)

10 Oct 2009, 12:09
Profile WWW
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Just asking but is there a full game (with AI's that work!!!) and combat AI.
Also when the game is finished will it be a free download or do you have to but it.

27 Nov 2009, 20:10
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

If I may answer this? No there is no version with the AI and the combat system merged so far, and since we haven't bought any rights to sell star trek stuff it will be completely free.

27 Nov 2009, 21:07
Profile YIM WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

vjeko1701 wrote:
If I may answer this?

Always :winkthumb:

27 Nov 2009, 21:18
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]