View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 17:35

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Diplomacy & intel texts database Dafedz 
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

Hello Dafedz, I have a small idea concerning your appelation %Empire%. In fact, I would like to make a French translation of your texts and here is my idea. :

It would be nice if the word %Empire% is modifiable in some sentences and to create a page of description as the text below:
(I saw that in the string table of BOTE) and it gave me the idea to make the same thing for all other languages of translation. What do you think of it?

%TheEmpire%
-------------- (with article in the beginning of a sentence)
The Cardassian Union
The United Federation Of Planets
The Klingon Empire
The Romulan Star Empire
The Dominion

example:
your modified text:
%TheEmpire% gave %Total% credits %toEmpire% in a manoeuvre of diplomatic bargaining.
The United Federation Of Planets gave 200 credits to the Klingon Empire in a manoeuvre of diplomatic bargaining.

my translate:
%TheEmpire% a donné %Total% crédits %toEmpire% dans une manoeuvre de négociation diplomatique.
La Fédération des Planets Unies a donné 200 crédits à l'Empire Klingon dans une manoeuvre de négociation diplomatique.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%theEmpire% (with article in the middle of a sentence)
---------------
the Cardassian Union
the United Federation Of Planets
the Klingon Empire
the Romulan Star Empire
the Dominion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and also
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%femEmpire% (internal security, fleet, technology, sabotage team, sabotage squad.....etc)
-------------
Cardassian
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Dominion

example:
your modified text:
The %femEmpire% fleet consists of a single ship.
The Cardassian fleet consists of a single ship.

my translate:
La flotte %femEmpire% se compose d'un simple vaisseau.
La flotte Cardassienne se compose d'un simple vaisseau.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%mascEmpire%
-------------- (controller, engine core, scientific department, spy, territory.....etc)
Cardassian
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Dominion

example:
your modified text:
An agent placed inside the %mascEmpire% territory has died in an accident. Foul play is suspected, but no proof was discovered.
An agent placed inside the Romulan territory has died in an accident. Foul play is suspected, but no proof was discovered.

my translate:
Un agent placé à l'intérieur du territoire %mascEmpire% est décédé dans un accident. Un acte criminel est soupçonné, mais aucune preuve n'a été découverte.
Un agent placé à l'intérieur du territoire Romulien est décédé dans un accident. Un acte criminel est soupçonné, mais aucune preuve n'a été découverte.

-------------------------------------
%femPluralEmpire%
------------------- (espionage activities,scientific structures......etc)
Cardassian
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Dominion

example:
your modified text:
Surveillance of an accountant in the economics department has revealed that he is an active agent for %theEmpireCitizens%. Items discovered include plans for assassinations and their technical arrangements. %femPluralEmpire% activities may be deterred for a long time.
Surveillance of an accountant in the economics department has revealed that he is an active agent for the Klingons. Items discovered include plans for assassinations and their technical arrangements. The Klingon activities may be deterred for a long time.

my translate:
La surveillance d'un comptable dans le département de l'économie a révélé qu'il est un agent actif pour %theEmpireCitizens%. Les articles découverts incluent des plans pour des assassinats et leurs dispositions techniques. Les activités %femPluralEmpire% peuvent être dissuadées pendant une longue période de temps.
La surveillance d'un comptable dans le département de l'économie a révélé qu'il est un agent actif pour les Klingons. Les articles découverts incluent des plans pour des assassinats et leurs dispositions techniques. Les activités Klingonnes peuvent être dissuadées pendant une longue période de temps.

---------------------------------------
%mascPluralEmpire%
-------------- (agents.....etc)
Cardassian
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Dominion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%theEmpireCitizens%
------------------- (with article in the middle of a sentence)
the Cardassians
the Federation
the Klingons
the Romulans
the Dominion (see also in BOTE strings table menu)
-----------------------
%TheEmpireCitizens%
------------------- (with article in the beginning of a sentence)
The Cardassians
The Federation
The Klingons
The Romulans
The Dominion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%ofEmpire%
------------------- (ambassador,
of the Cardassian Union
of the United Federation Of Planets
of the Klingon Empire
of the Romulan Star Empire
of the Dominion
-------------------------------------
%ofEmpireCitizens%
------------------- (ambassador,
of the Cardassians
of the Federation
of the Klingons
of the Romulans
of the Dominion
%fromEmpire%
-------------------
from the Cardassian Union
from the United Federation Of Planets
from the Klingon Empire
from the Romulan Star Empire
from the Dominion
---------------------------------------
%fromEmpireCitizens%
-------------------
from the Cardassians
from the Federation
from the Klingons
from the Romulans
from the Dominion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%toEmpire%
------------
to the Cardassian Union
to the United Federation Of Planets
to the Klingon Empire
to the Romulan Star Empire
to the Dominion
------------------------------------
%toEmpireCitizens%
----------------
to the Cardassians
to the Federation
to the Klingons
to the Romulans
to the Dominion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%theIntelEmpire%
--------------------
the Obsidian Order
Starfleet Intelligence
the Klingon Security
the Tal'Shiar
the Changelings Network
--------------------------------------
%TheIntelEmpire%
--------------------
The Obsidian order
Starfleet Intelligence
The Klingon Security
The Tal'Shiar
The Changelings Network

(In certain translations, the word "Intelligence" can be masculine or feminine. For example, in French, it is translated: Service de Renseignement.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by starfleet.command on 12 Oct 2009, 14:59, edited 4 times in total.

02 Aug 2009, 11:20
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Good idea starfleet.command. We have a number of people waiting to translate into other languages like Russian, Romanian, Portagease....
This would give them a place to start.

02 Aug 2009, 15:13

It would be necessary that Dafedz agree to study together and see the modifications to bring.
I am convinced that it would make a very simple support simple for the other translations.

02 Aug 2009, 15:52
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I've sent Dafedz a PM with a link to your thread, starfleet. I haven't actually seen him on the forums in a while though, so i'll give him a nudge if I see him on MSN as well.

03 Aug 2009, 00:34
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Portagease....

Eeek!! You mean, portuguese :borg:

04 Aug 2009, 10:01
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

Of course starfleet go ahead with whatever suits you. But I can't at all help with the translation itself, not being exactly fluent in French...

(sorry for the delay in getting back to you)

12 Aug 2009, 16:01
Profile WWW

Hey guy, it's just the way to do it!!! not translate it. i just gave you some sample of my idea.
In fact, i make the translate myself, i just need of your opinion on the word %empire% and the formula that I propose to you, ok?

(I began to translate the "en.txt" demo file and others files of your diplomacy page)

12 Aug 2009, 16:21
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

What I'll probably end up doing is allow complex expressions to be embedded in the text, which gives you the ability to inject just about anything from the game context.

25 Nov 2009, 21:18
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]