View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 00:16

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Well done 
Crewman

I've known about this site and project for awhile now, but never took the plunge and played. I still make a lot of use of SFCOP with various mods, and play Armada II: Fleet Ops as well, but just last week I finally had to scratch that itch, and d/l'ed Supremacy. Wow, what a neat game. I realize there's still a lot to add to the game, but what is there is well done, very intuitive.

You've sold me on it and I'm a fan. Just tell Mike to win the lotto or somfing, and get this finished ;)

04 Jan 2010, 22:21
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

Welcome to the forums Qereq, we are glad that you like the game and we all agree with you. If you want to help to build the game please follow this link:

viewforum.php?f=12

There are rules posted there and jobs suited for anyone.
Feel free to explore the forum and any help or suggestions are welcome.

04 Jan 2010, 23:15
Profile YIM WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome and what vjeko1701 said. :wink:
:borg:

04 Jan 2010, 23:43
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Welcome to the forums Qereq, it's always nice to get a bit of fan mail for our project. But if you have any constructive criticism about the game, we'd love to hear that as well. :smile:

05 Jan 2010, 00:51
Profile WWW
Crewman

vjeko1701 wrote:
Welcome to the forums Qereq, we are glad that you like the game and we all agree with you. If you want to help to build the game please follow this link:

viewforum.php?f=12

There are rules posted there and jobs suited for anyone.
Feel free to explore the forum and any help or suggestions are welcome.

My forté is writing, and I'm a big fan of the Klingon culture. I've read Ford's and DeCandido's stuff, and have the FASA docs for Klingons as well. I'd love to help out on that subject matter.

05 Jan 2010, 04:00

Most of the game writing is already done. You can find the vast bulk of the text in Dafedz's Database.

That said, the text for the random events isn't yet complete. I don't know if you've seen them yet, but i've basically written a list of potential random events for the game. As we do not yet know how the randoms will be programmed in, nor even what the random event system will be capable of, I opted to write randoms for everything I could think of, rather than have random that will definitely be in the game. For this reason, the randoms have been very much on the back burner and, other than adding new events to the list as myself or others have thought of them, i've done little work on the list for about 2 years now.

For each of the Empires, i've written personalised event messages to make the game more engaging and Trekky. I don't even know if it will be possible to have multiple event messages ingame, but that doesn't mean I can't write them hehe.

You'll like the Klingon event messages the best; I trawled online Klingon dictionaries for every insult and swear word I could find to spruce them up. Have A Look.

05 Jan 2010, 23:11
Profile WWW
8 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 001

Oops. I got so tied up in this 1500 word essay, that I completely forgot about the Random Events Text. Sorry about that Matress :redface:. I'll get back to work on the Random Events right after Thursday (when this essay is due). As for the culture backgrounds, I started on that too. I can't remember whether I actually started the Klingon culture or not (probably not). Well, I better get to finishing this essay up. (I'll find time in a bit to work on the Random Events as well). :borg:

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

06 Jan 2010, 00:53
Crewman

Thanks, Matress, for the update. I did notice that the info and pic link for Klingons is null. Is that because the data exists but it hasn't been uploaded yet, or does it need doing?

06 Jan 2010, 16:31

Don't worry, it just hasn't been uploaded yet, that's all. Dafedz is a slave to making stuff like this so expect more of the same high quality. :smile:

The structure images are mainly made or acquired by Zeleni, Vjeko1701, or Dafedz if you were wondering.

Don't worry Andrew, we always say work before pleasure. There's no rush with the randoms - I have been working on them for three years afterall. :smile:

06 Jan 2010, 22:26
Profile WWW

Well, this is good. I just finished the good copy of the essay, and so therefore I have time to work on the Random Events. Since there's loads to go through, I'll just get started and finish the ones I haven't already. Well, back to work. I would work on my computer engineering assignment, except for the website we use for our work contracted a virus, and so that puts a damper on our work schedule. I also have to prepare for our dissection tomorrow, but I still have free time. Back to work :borg:.

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

07 Jan 2010, 00:52

Dissection? Cool. I did a kidney and a heart in school, and a liver, some more hearts, a couple of fish and some random bits of meat in uni. What are you doing?

07 Jan 2010, 22:15
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]