View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 08:24

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Starfleet and Klingon Intelligence & Security 
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

Hello everyone, I recently did research on Starfleet Intelligence and found a small mistake MICROPOSE had committed during the creation of BOTF.
Starfleet has several divisions including the Security and Intelligence.
Some evidence in the episodes, Starfleet Intelligence sends spies to infiltrate enemy organizations. Some examples:

An undercover operation using Miles O'Brien infiltrating the Orion Syndicate discovered it was colluding with the Dominion to arrange an assassination of a Klingon ambassador to damage the Federation-Klingon alliance. Starfleet Intelligence subsequently warned the Klingons and the attack was repulsed. (DS9-6x15: "Honor Among Thieves")

Tuvok was assigned to Voyager as a lieutenant under the command of Captain Kathryn Janeway. He was serving as security officer when, in 2371, he infiltrated the crew of the Maquis raider commanded by a former Starfleet officer, Chakotay. (VOY-1x01-02: "Caretaker")

The Klingon Empire uses this same Intelligence process.

09 Nov 2009, 12:41
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

Starfleet does have a Intelligence empire-structure as do the Klingons (in my database anyway), although they are geared to Internal Security rather than offensive Intel. This, in most people's opinion, is a compromise to balance the game, so as not to 'steal' the Cardassians and Romulans' thunder in what is their special empire strength.

09 Nov 2009, 21:06
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

I would agree, it would seem Starfleet do mainly defensive spying, that is spying in order to protect there interests, rather then spying to steal research or blow up something.

Unless there is a war on :D

Regards Wolfe

11 Nov 2009, 14:24

You're right, the Klingons have warriors for their internal security for repel any attack and the Federation has agents into Section 31 for protect interests of the Federation (even if this Section 31 is a non official organization in Starfleet and work for his own account)

12 Nov 2009, 12:24

starfleet.command wrote:
You're right, the Klingons have warriors for their internal security for repel any attack and the Federation has agents into Section 31 for protect interests of the Federation (even if this Section 31 is a non official organization in Starfleet and work for his own account)

There is also another thing, when a minor race became a member of the Federation, and ,for example, has a structure with +15%Sabotage as the Assassin Team of the FLAXIANS and +10% General Intelligence as the Operatives of the BOTHANS, these structure will be even added & used by the Federation & The Klingon Intelligence. If i understand well?

12 Nov 2009, 14:08

cdrwolfe wrote:
I would agree, it would seem Starfleet do mainly defensive spying, that is spying in order to protect there interests, rather then spying to steal research or blow up something.

I noticed something about the spy function. Some spies and moles can be recruited by the empires, there is some çin the list below:

In espionnage matter
Joret Dal was a Cardassian military officer and a Federation operative.

Koval= Federation spy in the Romulan Senate.

Seska= Seska was a Cardassian operative

Talok= Major Talok was the persona that a deep-cover Romulan spy assumed prior to the 2150s on Vulcan.

Elim Garak= He had been an operative of the Cardassian Obsidian Order but was exiled to Terok Nor.

J'Dan= Klingon spy used it to send schematics of the dilithium chamber of the Enterprise to the Romulans.

In the sabotage matter
DS9 reports the presence of the Red Squad: A group of Red Squad cadets, including Riley Shepard, disabled the global power distribution center in Lisbon, allowing Admiral Leyton to launch his coup attempt.

(DS9: "Homefront", "Paradise Lost")

Montgomery Scott sabotaged the USS Excelsior in 2285 by removing chips from her main transwarp computer. This prevented the Excelsior from pursuing the stolen USS Enterprise. (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)

A transporter beam engages and two men in Starfleet uniforms with closed helmets and gravity boots begin walking through the corridors, shooting every Klingon they come in contact with, killing most, severing one soldier's arm. Upon reaching Gorkon's quarters, the assassins shoot the guards and then, after a brief moment, shoot Gorkon in the chest. They walk out with Gorkon's body tumbling end over end in the zero gravity environment. (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)

Marab and his unit boarded the Enterprise NX-01, from an attacking Klingon warship, with the intention of crippling the Earth ship by altering its engineering subroutines. Although the mission was successful – the ship was slowed down and thus was unable to interfere in the Klingon attempts to genetically engineer the augment virus – Marab was wounded by a MACO and subsequently captured while his boarding party attempted to escape. (ENT: "Affliction", "Divergence")

15 Nov 2009, 11:25
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]