View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 May 2024, 07:23

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The economy of desperation 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
So is there a way from all those stats to say what ship will give you the most bang for the least amount of gold pressed latinum?

Say you are playing Supremacy, building a happy Sim Empire and making friends with all the funny looking aliens when the empire next door invades you. What ship do you chose to build from each of the five major races? What math would you do to figure it out?
:borg:

28 Feb 2010, 03:26
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I wouldn't need to spend Latinum to find out. I would simply turn to Zulnak. He made an excel spreadsheet a long while ago with EVERY ship in it. Me and Dafedz have been hoarding it hehe.

It's more than just a combat calculator though. He created his own Excel version of a Trek Galactic Map, AND included an Excel version of the minor race ships info pages of Dafedz's database. It's a brilliant resource.

...But I suppose it's time to stop hoarding and go for the big release. I'll PM him just to let him know it's in the wild though.

I've Sharepointed It. (1.625mb download)

Note 1: It's in Excel 2000 format, so there's a small possibility of compatibility problems.
Note 2: You *may* receive a warning when you open the spreadsheet about a security issue due to the use of Macros. Just ignore the warning and enable Macros.

How To Use The Spreadsheet

• Find the ship that you want [u]on the Ships tab.
  • Select the entire row that the ship is on. (Just select the row number next to it)
  • Copy the entire row of information. (Press Ctrl + C or go to Edit -> Copy)
  • Click the Combat tab.
  • Overwrite row number 2 where the Andorian Warcruiser 2 currently resides with the entry you just copied. Do this by selecting the row, then paste it. (Press Ctrl + V or go to Edit -> Paste)
  • Go back to the Ships tab.
  • Find an opponent for your chosen ship.
  • Copy the second ships row of data.
  • Go to the Combat tab.
  • Paste the data into row 3, overwriting the existing entry for the Angosian Transport.
  • The boxes near the left will then automatically update and give you a turn-by-turn account of how the battle between the two ships would approximately go, including shield recharge and weapon refire rates. :cool:

Please be aware that the database was created several months ago and some of the raw data may be wrong. There haven't been many, if any changes in that time to my knowledge, however. The raw numbers are also subject to change once we start focussing on balancing the game. All Borg ships for instance will likely need more shields and hull compared to how they are currently set up in the spread sheet.

01 Mar 2010, 00:15
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]