View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 May 2024, 10:53

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Micro-Managing and Governors 
Crewman

Hi all!

After playing Supremacy into the 200 Turn range and having the Federation expand into dozens of systems, I have noticed that it becomes increasingly troublesome to manage every individual system...especially as you research new buildings and yet haven't upgraded your buildings to the previous tech level yet. I was wondering if there had been any discussion about installing a sort of governor/local mediator for each system that you could set to upgrade all buildings first or concentrate on resource buildings etc, etc. If there has feel free to completely ignore this topic!

Everyone who is working on Supremacy is doing a fantastic job!

13 Jun 2010, 00:59
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Mike is planing an AI function so you can set the management on auto. Before it will work though he has to code out a few more basic functions that it will control.
:borg:

13 Jun 2010, 02:21
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

As Kenneth said, Mike does plan to add a system governor. The governor will have priority functions, so for instance you could tell it to prioritise economic development (Trade Hubs, Retail Outlets...), or military development (Shipyards, Deuterium Plants, Sensors, System Defences...) and so on. Mke has also said that you'll be able to create pre-defined build lists for eg. new colonies and tell the system governors of all new colonies to follow the list. And of course, you can simply turn the system governor off if you're a micromanagement nut like me. :mrgreen:

In addition, Mike is planning a major upgrade of the turn summary function, which currently only tells you what was built or what changed diplomatically during the last turn. In future, it will be able to tell you what each individual system is doing and the information will be colour-coded so eg. famine shows up in red. But the colour-coding can be manually set as well, so if you want famines to show up in purple then that what it will show up as.

These are all things Mike has said he will do, but please bear in mind that he also has a million and one one other things to do, ideas for the game are also continually evolving over time and may get replaced by different functions, or he may find that a function or feature cannot be programmed as originally intended. So please take the above as intended updates to the game, rather than as updates that are definitely coming soon.

Glad to see you've stopped being a lurker as well mate, you've only made three posts in two years. :razz:

13 Jun 2010, 09:16
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thank you both for your answers!

As for my lack of posting...well lets just say I kind of forgot this forum existed and I was looking for some place to ask this question...Google searches are magical!

13 Jun 2010, 15:51
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]