View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 May 2024, 09:08

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Crewman

My congradulations to you for developing a game which almost perfects the original. BoTF is one of my favorite Trek games and I just downloaded Supremacy, so far the game is great, although still getting used to what the ships can do. Can anyone tell me if the intel section has been implimented yet, so far it seems like I have endless officers and intellegence or am I not set up correctly.

10 Aug 2010, 00:25
Admiral
Admiral

Nope, not yet. And it's going to be completely revamped in the next iteration. Officers as they're in the game now will be scrapped, and replaced with some sort of "Leaders" - Officers for fleets, Diplomats for diplomacy and Agents for espionage/sabotage/security. They'll gain experience and increase in level, improving their skills - and consequently their chances of success at their assignments.
There'll be Missions too in the game, to be carried out by Agents.

Notice the game is still in alpha, so a lot is still missing - AI, diplomacy, combat, etc.

10 Aug 2010, 00:49
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome arl215
(What .Iceman said as I was typing and)
The next release of the game should be out in two or three months. It will have most major functions including online multiplayer. What it still will not have is an AI to run your opponents in single player. It will also lack a 3D combat engine. You can use the pre alpha version you have to get use to the way the game is set up. Then some of it will change. That is what we do best. User Matress will be by soon to tell you what I missed and so much more.
:borg:

10 Aug 2010, 00:55
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

The things that Kenneth mentioned would not be in the update - AI, 3D combat, etc. - will not be in the next update, but they are planned to eventually be in the game, so don't take it as meaning these things won't be in the game.

We also have plans for changes to the tech tree, new selectable game options, a full list of random events (There's currently only one in the game for testing purposes), and the possibility of trading unique special goods. These again will be part of a future update and not the soon-to-be-released one.

As for things that will be in the update...

• We've got a major image overhaul in the works so it will certainly look prettier in the next update. Virtually every building and ship has a new image, and we've also got unique planet textures for important minor race planets such as Vulcan.

• Many buildings have been updated with new stats, prerequisites, tech requirements, upgrade paths, obsoletion paths, or effects. Many of the minor races now have multiple special buildings.

• There are new minor races (We've passed the 160 mark now), and a bug is going to be fixed that prevents more than 50 minor races appearing on a map at any time - so you could potentially have all 160+ races on a single map.

• The starnames list has been rewritten so the star names on the map are more canon and (most) of the name duplications (Modern vs Latin names) have been removed.

• The minor race home systems will be more canon than they are currently. (Ie planet names, planet numbers, planet sizes, planet classes, etc.)

10 Aug 2010, 19:59
Profile WWW
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

Welcoma among us arl215

11 Aug 2010, 02:13
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]