View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Jun 2024, 11:34

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 supplies planets 
Crewman

Hello from a new member, I wanted to know if the diplomatic proposals, there will be the ability to assign planets already inhabited (eg type planets of the maquis in Deep Space Nine).

24 Aug 2010, 20:42
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hi acquario, welcome to the forums! :smile:

I'm sorry, but i'm not really sure what it is you are asking. Are you asking whether it would be possible to cede planets to other Empires?

If this is the case, then the diplomacy is still a bit of an unknown. We're not entirely sure what Mike plans for diplomacy and what will actually be possible (Since these may be different things). If you were to cede something to another Empire though, it would have to be an entire system, not just a single planet though, because systems work as a whole and it's not possible to split planets.

I know you only used them as an example as well, but there are currently no formal plans to include the Marquis in the game. They are not a "minor race" as such. We'll try to find a way to squeeze them in if we can though, for example, it may be possible to create Random Events based on the Maquis, such as a Maquis uprising in some of your outer colonies, for instance. But again, that was just an example. We don't yet know precisely what will be possible with the Random Events system yet.

24 Aug 2010, 20:53
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks for the reply. My request was if you can sell solar systems from one faction to another faction. When will a new version of the game?. I'm an Italian user and my English is not perfect, I hope your patience!

25 Aug 2010, 19:51
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Good question acquario. As you know it will be possible for one Major race to take over a system held by another major race. Also if the expanding minor race feature survives, as originally planed, systems could change hands with the minor races as well. We will have to see what Mike does with diplomacy and bartering systems though. The new and multplayer update should be available in a the next few months. Mike is close to done but we are not sure how much time he can give to coding just now.

By the way your English is much better than my Italian so no problem.
:borg:

25 Aug 2010, 20:12
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]