View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 09 May 2024, 16:32

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 First game of Supremacy-Romulans 
Crewman

I figured the Romulans would be the best, as the federation arent as combat oriented
Atm, all my research is at level 2, except for 1 which just hit level 3, im in a huge Galaxy, and ive yet to meet any major opponents yet, fingers are crossed though

Im still trying to figure out how to increase my crew rate better than it currently is, atm, i wait till about 800, then blow it all on a few starships to add to my ever expanding navy

Also, i had to send a scout ship to retreive and tow a science ship to my Romulan Navy outpost that i constructed right outtside romulus.

I have 5 star systems under my control, i try to keep them happy, but i also try to be careful, as i dont want to have to tow another science ship from surveying new planets.

The hardest part is getting more crew, and i also cant seem to gain intellegence points, but i came to a conclusion that i must meet another empire so i can gain intel off them.

21 Nov 2011, 06:26
Admiral
Admiral

You do know that the game is still in alpha, and there's no AI yet, right?
The number of Officers you get per turn depends on how much pop you have. Every turn you get a certain % of your pop as Officerds, that % depends on which empire you're playing - it goes from something like 15 to 18% IIRC (the latter for the Dominion).
Ship upkeep is not implemented yet in that version, so don't be afraid to build ships. IIRC Intelligence isn't either.
Build Shipyards in your systems to expand your Range. That way you don't have to tow ships :wink: unless you stray very far from those systems that is. :mrgreen:

BTW, both Personnel and Intelligence have been / are being redesigned in the game. We now have Agents (Officers, Diplomats and Spies). Complete with pics, stats, probably even special traits. Hopefully it'll improve the whole Intel system.

21 Nov 2011, 12:24
Crewman

Iceman wrote:
You do know that the game is still in alpha, and there's no AI yet, right?
The number of Officers you get per turn depends on how much pop you have. Every turn you get a certain % of your pop as Officerds, that % depends on which empire you're playing - it goes from something like 15 to 18% IIRC (the latter for the Dominion).
Ship upkeep is not implemented yet in that version, so don't be afraid to build ships. IIRC Intelligence isn't either.
Build Shipyards in your systems to expand your Range. That way you don't have to tow ships :wink: unless you stray very far from those systems that is. :mrgreen:

BTW, both Personnel and Intelligence have been / are being redesigned in the game. We now have Agents (Officers, Diplomats and Spies). Complete with pics, stats, probably even special traits. Hopefully it'll improve the whole Intel system.

I know there is no AI, Which helps, because i hate competing with AI, But im getting to know the game better

I have pretty much NEVER played a 4X Game before, this definitly helps. Just getting to know the controls better. The problem with Birth of the Empires is that it doesnt look like star trek and star trek is awesome. and stuff.

21 Nov 2011, 17:44
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

If you've never played a 4X game before, you should really get yourself a copy of one of the Civilization games. Preferably all of them lol. But to ease yourself into Supremacy, you might want to get a copy of Star Trek The Next Generation: Birth of the Federation, which is the game that inspired Supremacy. Technically it's illegal to download it if you've never owned the game before, but there's a full version of the game available from the download section of ArmadaFleetCommand.com. What's more, their version of the game comes with 12 years worth of unofficial patches that fix many unpatched bugs. They also have a multi-installer that allows you to install tons of mods, as well as info on how to mount the game as a ghost drive to increase performance. The game is still being actively patched and improved too, so it's worth visiting them on a regular basis. AFC actually used to be our parent site, until a server crash a few years ago. You'll need to create a (Free) forum account before you can access their downloads section though.

09 Dec 2011, 23:07
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Matress_of_evil wrote:
If you've never played a 4X game before, you should really get yourself a copy of one of the Civilization games. Preferably all of them lol.

Civilization II is a classic, and the absolute best 4X game ever made. (sorry botf). Don't bother with Civ III, it was lousy. Civ IV and V are fun, but incredibly complicated. Also expensive. If you don't mind the mid 90s graphics, Civ II blows the others out of the water.

13 Dec 2011, 16:29
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]