View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 04:07

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 EMPIRE STRUCTURE LIST 
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

What about Tribble Super Weapons then? :twisted:

Why doesn't anyone take me seriously on the subject? :lol:

Anyway, it was raiden who changed the topic. I blame him...

<Shifting eyes>

Yes, it's all his fault... :lol:

18 Jul 2005, 17:55
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I see that you boosted the Cardiaaisns Particle Fountain from +2 to +3. Excellent. :wink:

If it came to it, the Praxis Energy base has my vote, over the Energy Research Base, since I suggested it. :lol: It just makes more sense to me. We know the Klingons had this energy plant, and the fact it blew up right in their faces could show that their process/technique wasnt that good, hence no energy tech research bonus.
dafedz wrote:
Klingon Intelligence
+20% Internal Security
I think this is an excellent idea, giving both the Feds and Klingons internal security buildings right from the start. Perhaps even a less effective one could be given to the Dominion. BTW, I'd go with Imperial Intelligence over Klingon Intelligence.

...matress and his Tribble weapons... :lol:

19 Jul 2005, 04:31
Ensign
Ensign

CVN-65 wrote:
lol,

Anyway, I think that dafedz is trying to say these are sort of "best guesses" he could make. Only beta-testing will determine if these bonuses are to high. If they are, they will be edited based upon how the testers see fit.

horadrim, I share your conserns, as I already said, but the intel problem was not so much be based on the buildings the empire had, rather the entire system and organisation of the intel screen.
I'm not sure this thread is right for posting questions about the intel screen, since dafedz will probably have to write long posts on all the questions relating to the Empire Structure.

raiden_rse, the Dominion has the best yards, if you look closely. The last stage has a 250% bonus, opposed to the maximum 200% for the other races

I disagree about what you say about it being a system problem. it was deffinately a building problem and only one a human could exploit (it only occured on multiplayer) not only were the rom and car standard intel structures better than the fed and kling but the rom had the pheonix facility which meant you could get a new home system and have a enough energy for 100 more intel in about 3 turns. No this thread isnt the right place for a debate on it although I think a comment on it is more than fair on this thread.

19 Jul 2005, 18:49
Ensign
Ensign

dafedz wrote:
The Intelligence 'engine' hasnt been constructred yet, and it's still in the thread discussion stage, but I do see your point about being concerned for the Federation and Klingons. How about a proposed starting structure for each that will grant them a little bit security.

Federation Diplomatic Corps.
+20% Internal Security

Klingon Intelligence
+20% Internal Security

Maybe 20% is too high, we don't want to eliminate the Cardassian and Romulan strength altogether, their cold war tactics is their unique ability. Also, even on a random map, there will be plenty of Intel races throughout the galaxy for the Feds and Klingons to acquire to bolster their own Intelligence.

Now thats a great idea. put some worries to rest. Why not start it at 20% at launch and see if the fans think thats reasonable. You could alternatively have something like the pheonix facility in reverse where the structure grants an intel bonus.

19 Jul 2005, 18:52

Quote:
Posted by Horadrim
You could alternatively have something like the pheonix facility in reverse where the structure grants an intel bonus.

You mean an Internal Security Phoenix Facility? Sounds interesting...won't be enough though! :twisted:

What about having a bonus that increases slightly through the 'eras', as the Federation and Klingons got to know the other races better, they would learn how to defend themselves/the way the enemy works better.

I'm not sure how it could be implemented, other than having multiple buildings, or an actual increasing bonus (I doubt this would be programmable) though. :(

Rigel, I like the name "Imperial Intelligence" for the Klingon building.

Klingon Intelligence sounds more like a generic name used by everyone, but Imperial Intelligence sounds more imposing, more Klingon-y...almost like it was the 'official' Klingon name for it. :wink:

19 Jul 2005, 21:30
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Rigel, I like the name "Imperial Intelligence" for the Klingon building.

Klingon Intelligence sounds more like a generic name used by everyone, but Imperial Intelligence sounds more imposing, more Klingon-y...almost like it was the 'official' Klingon name for it. :wink:
I aim to please. I dont know how official it truly is, since I read the name in a few different trek novels, which focused on Klingons. But since I've heard the same name, in different novels, by different authors, there must be some grain of truth behind it. Either way, to me, it just does sound much more klingon-y, as Matress put it.

Another little nitpick, the klingons event to increase morale in times of unrest is called the Execution day. Execution day implies that criminals are being publically executed for the public's enjoyment. So they are taking Klingon ciminals (the dishonored), and they are being executed (a dishonorable death). I'm sure the best these Klingons could hope for after death would be Gre'thor. I just dont see Klingons, TRUE Klingons, ( :lol: ) enjoying ths. To me, I would not see this helping out morale at all. Klingons would love to see death, but only an honorable one. I move we change the name of the event from Execution Day to something like 'Warrior games' (not a great title at all, I know). This implies something along the lines of Gladitorial like games, in which two Klingons fight eachother to the death. This would be something I would see Klingons loving. Just my opinion.

20 Jul 2005, 01:48
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

You're right, Rigel, the Guillotine is hardly a Klingon past-time.

Maybe, "Warrior Day" or "Day of Kahless", "Bat'leth Day" :? I don't know... Something Klingonian, anyway...

20 Jul 2005, 15:10

Klingonian...Klingon-y...we're making a new Klingon language here! :lol:

Warrior Games sounds right to me. Could you imagine a Klingon vs Klingon fight to the death? That would seriously raise morale - if it was fair/honourable.

It would be the perfect chance for a warrior to make it into Sto'Vo'Kor, especially if the Empire wasn't currently at war. (If that is possible 8O)

20 Jul 2005, 21:33
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Mok-bara Tournament? You know, that Klingon Martial Art that Worf teaches in some episodes of STTNG...

20 Jul 2005, 21:36
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

Execution Day, like Martial Law or whatever is primarily aimed at controlling the citizens of subjugated worlds - ie minor race aliens who defy the Chancellor's will etc. Klingons executing these malcontents is true to their nature.

Only in a very rare event of social unrest and uprising would Klingon's turn their blades to other Klingons. In that event it would be those loyal to the Chancellor and the High Council that would carry out their honourable duty of executing the treasonous insurgents.

Don't tell me you're all going soft on the Klingons! lol. Execution Day stays!

21 Jul 2005, 02:16
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, but "Execution day" doesn't sound like Klingon Bat'leth masters going on a killing spree...

lol, it sounds like a little festival where kids can buy miniture Bat'leths and people play Bingo and a lottery to decide if someone gets executed...

So, if the meaning has to stay the same, let's change the name a bit, because I'll never get bingo out of my head when I order an "Execution Day"

21 Jul 2005, 10:38
Cadet
Cadet

How about 'Tribble Hunt'? :D

21 Jul 2005, 11:10
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Martocticvs wrote:
How about 'Tribble Hunt'? :D

:lol: Nice thought

21 Jul 2005, 11:21
Ensign
Ensign

I like execution day. But with regards to the fesstival where klingons fight each other with batleth, there is a klingon name for it it was in one of the TNG episodes where different warfs from alternate dimensions were being switched. It wasnt a fight to the death though.

21 Jul 2005, 13:53
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Worf participated in the Bat'leth competition on Forcas Three.

21 Jul 2005, 13:59

I think we should get SOM in on this if we can. A true Klingon master would be an ideal source of info on the matter. :wink:

You can't go wrong with a Tribble Hunt though... (Just leave enough so I can still make my Tribble Super Weapon) :wink: :lol:

21 Jul 2005, 22:41
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

:lol:

SOMething involving his painsticks perhaps. Now THAT would be quality Klingon entertainment :D

22 Jul 2005, 09:31
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I still stand by my opinion the Execution Day is a bad name/idea.

dafedz, has gavin given this list his seal of approvial?

24 Jul 2005, 22:13
Ensign
Ensign

What about changing it to something like:

"Imperial Review"

Morale booster

Description:
"The Klingon way of life is created maintained through honor and duty. Occasionally, peoples of the Empire stray from the path of honor, and it falls upon others to remind them of the teachings of Kahless. The Emperor himself can be invoked during these reviews, bringing dissenting elements back to the noble path."

:?:

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie

25 Jul 2005, 07:11
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

I still don't like it. I just don't see Klingons 'reviewing' morale problems or implementing rehabilitation programs. Any malcontents or uprising would be dealt with swift and bloody violence, and with extreme prejudice. How about just renaming it to 'Random Executions'.

25 Jul 2005, 11:42
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Id go with Imperial Justice Day.

25 Jul 2005, 15:23
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

'Imperial Justice' equals 'execution', 'Imperial Justice Day' equals 'Execution Day'. 8)

25 Jul 2005, 16:20
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Monkey equals cow. The skies are green today. 8)

25 Jul 2005, 16:28
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Rigel wrote:
dafedz, has gavin given this list his seal of approvial?

25 Jul 2005, 21:33
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

Execution Day

28 Jul 2005, 12:25
Cadet
Cadet

Fine by me :)

28 Jul 2005, 16:42
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

just a few points

Forced Labour Commune= +25% Raw Material
des that mean no moral loss

Union Relocation Program=Increased Pop/Growth rate (requires Colony Ship III)
same point.... no moral loss?

Aquafarm= +40% Food, 10 % Bio-Tech Research,
so every system can add 10% bio research?

Reman Mine +5 Dilithium
moral?

Night PatrolFor unrest +4 Morale
I think this is would be batter called tal shiar purge, (similar to how the russians purged any trouble maker). So the moral goes up because trouble makers dissapear.

Changeling Network 15% Intelligence, i think this would be better broken down to sabotage and epsontage. So 30% sabotage, 0 epsontage. (because listening requires a changeling to sit there an wait, risky......

Ketracel White Distribution Centre should have an oficer loyalty bearing

Death Squad For unrest +7 Morale
read ketracell white poisoning.....?

just a few thoughts :D

28 Jul 2005, 20:42
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

CARDASSIANS

General Bonus: Most Raw Materials (or highest % bonus)

Unique Strength: Best Internal Affairs (highest Morale control), best Intelligence/espionage.

Ship Capabilities: Best ship hulls, second cheapest to build/maintain, cheapest Uber-ships,

How usually deployed: Large number of slightly less efficient ships

Ship weakness: Poor shields, weakest beam weapons, Lowest refire rate (recharge)

as i recall the cards favoured few but poerful beam waepons thats why they have a big arse phaser on the front of their ships, but few side weapons, i think itd be better to give them poor weapon coverage but powerful phser banks.

Also they have a wolf mentality, they tend to send galors out in packs as i recall, this is to accounts for the fact it takes at least 2 galors to take on a galaxy. This is another reason they have big forward phasers, their capital ships are relativly small.

i do a gree with sheilds and armour, but their main weakness should be torpedoes, they never showed anything better than potons in the war. Also warp speeds should be sligtly lower.

28 Jul 2005, 20:48
Profile WWW
Crewman

waffle read it if you want

hey just thought id bring up a point that is so glaringly obvious that everyone in the known universe has proobably already brought up but anyway...

read this bit

I think it would makle more sence if the klingons specific reasearch bonus was into weapons and the romulins was into energy as after all the klingons do fighting and weapons while the romulins have singularities instead of warpcores (it was in some next generation episode) so it would make sence to swap those to bonuses

Waffle no need to read

btw really I apreaciate all the effort you guys are going to for our enjoyment and although i dont have anyreal skills but if you need anything particularly odd i have a habbit of finding it so just drop me an e-mail if u need that
oh and anyone wanting a gmail acount (or 50) give me an e-mail and you've got one

ralf1224 @ gmail.com (the space bars are just to stop those things that scan for e-mail adreses to spam them)

29 Jul 2005, 11:08
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

harvesters won`t work on this site, your e-mail is safe.

29 Jul 2005, 17:07
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next