View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 17:25

Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
 Supremacy Pre-Release Download 
Composer of the Ear Candy

Location: Canada, thumping on my keyboard or smashing a mouse!
As you wish friend!
Then when you're ready, you'll know who to ask! :wink:
Good day sir!
:mrgreen:

20 Feb 2012, 14:32
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

And a good day to you too sir. Pip pip!
(please don't try Ye olde English without extensive training in lip and jowl excersices. Or you happen to be a Brit :) )

20 Feb 2012, 21:21

No, in fact I'm Canadian, French Canadian and you should see me trying to stretch my big jowl. Having a little French in me gives me an advantage, I can pucker my lips more than any other... :vulcan: :lol: ..think my face is turning green!

I just saw your description under your avatar: You are Brit! ... Desperately sorry to have surpassed your borders... Sire! :lol:(that's me Ol'French also)

PS: Working here also brings an advantage... we can pucker and extend as we wish, all races are allowed and united!...I think... :hmm:

Guess I'm better in creating music than doing Diplomacy.

21 Feb 2012, 01:50
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Zut alore! Tu et Francais? Mai Non! um, I mean say it aint so! OK, I'm a Brit, we're SUPPOSED to hate the French... Aren't we? Well, on a bad day... maybe.

Anyways, nice to see a sense of humor is allowed here (Even one as bad as mine). And one thing I can't do what so ever is music making... other than whistling. I'm a great whistler! Just anyone at work! :D I'm sure they ALL know it!

21 Feb 2012, 04:04

Patupi wrote:
Zut alore! Tu et Francais? Mai Non! um, I mean say it aint so! OK, I'm a Brit, we're SUPPOSED to hate the French... Aren't we? Well, on a bad day... maybe.

Anyways, nice to see a sense of humor is allowed here (Even one as bad as mine). And one thing I can't do what so ever is music making... other than whistling. I'm a great whistler! Just anyone at work! :D I'm sure they ALL know it!

Mais non! Je suis Canadien! I'm more Canadian than French (although I'm French Canadian :twistedlaugh: ), if it's to bring back the good in you! :grin: We still praise the Queen... Well, "praise" is a big word, let's say we like her, (she costs a bunch though) but I guess she likes the Canadian people also. We still engrave her right side face on our dollar! :grin: We're called the Tabernack people (referring to our mood) :lol: or the Funny ones. But we don't sing "Alouette" no more!!! It makes us swear!!! :censored:

BTW: We might need a GOOOOD whistler in some of our events here. :grin: You never know...

21 Feb 2012, 05:31
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

The very fact that you managed to dredge up what I remember from French class all of twenty five years ago says something.... not sure what but certainly something :)

I certainly have nothing against Canadians. Stayed with a very nice family just north of Niagra once when... Dun dun dun!... The US refused us re-entry. Me and my parents had been told by our lawyer that we just had to head north, return to renew our status... and our lawyer had the time wrong. It had already expired! Sucks! We got back in eventually and everyone (except one customs official, most were fine) was very friendly. That was over ten years ago for me though so my memory of the experience and what Canada was actually like is none too clear!

21 Feb 2012, 22:31

And I certainly have nothing against the Brits, nor the Americans, although I never really went to the USA, except for Plattsburg, Vermont, as a tourist for one day. But I've always held a dream inside of me; that I'll visit my American friends at least once in my life. And I still wish to fulfill it before I'm long gone.

I hope they'll let me in. Yeah, I guess they will...

22 Feb 2012, 07:46
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Just a quick thought on the planet events thing. If you do go with the 'anti-terraforming' for most of the negative events there still are likely to be some 'killer' events that will destoy the planet... just pretty rare. If there is a 'planet killer' option (ie asteroid incoming) I'd suggest giving a warning (perhaps enhancing the warning if scanners are built there? Longer lead time?) and giving some way of mitigating it or stopping it. If an asteroid you could station ships there to break up (turn planet killer into anti-terraforming event) or even destroy the asteroid. Firepower of ships/orbital batteries over time would degrade the level of the event. Even a low tech race might be able to do enough damage with low dam weapons to just break it up and make it just anti-terraform the world rather than outright kill it.

Sound feasible within the current game system?

25 Feb 2012, 15:25

I can't say, sorry! I'm no programmer. Would be fun though...

I'll leave that question for someone who can answer you. :smile:

25 Feb 2012, 16:11
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
I do seem to recall there was a discussion of this in the past. As your tech level up and you have some fancy stuff you become less subject to a number of events. We will see.
:borg:

25 Feb 2012, 16:44
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Ken, I believe that Mike decided not to implement teraforming in BOTF II.

26 Feb 2012, 05:34
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I was speaking to the planet killer events, AKA above as anti-teraforming

26 Feb 2012, 14:05
Crewman

Hey guys... how goes production on Star Trek Supremacy. I know its been asked a billion times, but many (including me) are anxious to see a BOTF 2 out. I know theres a 2009 build but I can imagine you guys added a lot since lol. Im still surprised that the head of CBS Star Trek gaming didn't talk to Mike and work out something to get this game published or funded in some way. Then again she's not the kind of person that really cares what the community wants out of a Star Trek game... and thats why they can't make a good one. Props to Cryptic for being so supportive of the community. Their active 24/7 on their forums and absorb all the fan input they can get and it shows in STO.

Anyway Cant wait for Star Trek Supremacy. Think about it everyday and visit the forums basically everyday.

16 Mar 2012, 06:13
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

CBS Paramount will not put any effort into a fan game as they make no money off of it. For that matter neither do we. They feel we reduce commercial projects that do make money.

I am with you on looking forward to the next public release. The staff has seen a few features for the next release but we are all still waiting for the next full version.

16 Mar 2012, 14:20
Crewman

"They feel we reduce commercial projects that do make money."

ya that doesn't make any sense to me. fan projects don't reduce the money they can make, bad games reduce the money they can make. as soon as they figure out that fans decide whats good and whats not maybe they will see an increase in profit shares. ive said countless times if this was a commercial game venture id be willing to pay for the final version. botf in my opinion was and is still one of the greatest 4x games ever made, and its sequel fan made or otherwise will be awesome. so long as it keeps all the features that made it great and doesn't over complicate itself trying to outdo its predecessor.

09 May 2012, 07:54
Crewman

and on the subject of system management, i hate the idea of having to micromanage my systems late in the game, but i also have yet to find a system ai that i liked. not to say you shouldn't implement it but im looking forward to seeing how it works ingame.

09 May 2012, 09:12
Crewman

on the subject of expanding minor races. i agree its most likely not worth the time to implement. and besides theyr minor races for a reason right, empires expand minor races contribute. but some minor races are obviuosly more minor than others. the more prominent minor races such as the vulcans or ferangi should start with some kind of advantage over the other minor races such as multiple systems. i don't know how the game mechanics work but say they spawn with a pair or small cluster of systems in an area instead of just the one home system. would appease those who say the minor races need to play a bigger part and yet still keep them in their place as a minor race. but depend upon the game mechanics.

09 May 2012, 09:48

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Whoever programs Supremacy will be remembered by fans all over the world. That's more than most people accomplish in their lifetime. A little piece of immortality.

09 May 2012, 17:27
Admiral
Admiral

solas wrote:
so long as it keeps all the features that made it great and doesn't over complicate itself trying to outdo its predecessor.

Agreed. There's still some things that need to be trimmed down IMO, things that don't really add anything to the game.

Quote:
and on the subject of system management, i hate the idea of having to micromanage my systems late in the game,

That's certainly a valid issue, and the simpler we keep the mechanics and the database, the more likely the AI will perform reasonably well (that is, the easier it is to write a good system management AI).
We also need to keep turn processing time in mind. Having a slew of marginally useful structures for example adds to MM (both human player and AI), and with 50 minors in the mix...

Quote:
but some minor races are obviously more minor than others. the more prominent minor races such as the vulcans or ferangi should start with some kind of advantage over the other minor races such as multiple systems.

That'll probably be reserved for scenarios / canon maps.
Minors will have some differentiation aspects, like TechCurve etc. They'll also have differentiated techtrees, mainly in defenses, OBs, ships. More powerful minors will have access to ships, and more buildings - which worries me TBH, as it has the potential to completely unbalance a game. BotF was really streamlined.

10 May 2012, 11:09
Reply to topic   [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74