View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 May 2024, 05:27

Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 74  Next
 Supremacy Pre-Release Download 
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Yeah, but you can also Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to un-scrap. I'll come up with a better system.

02 Dec 2006, 18:43
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I don't know if this is the ame thing that cdrwolfe mentioned, but I am unable to CANCEL the building of structures that have already begun construction.

If I click to take them out of the build queue, they are removed - but on the next turn, the structure that I cancelled is being built again!

I tried shift-clicking and control-clicking - but this does nothing, so I don't think it is the same thing that cdrwolfe mentioned.

08 Dec 2006, 22:48
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress_of_evil wrote:
I don't know if this is the ame thing that cdrwolfe mentioned, but I am unable to CANCEL the building of structures that have already begun construction.

If I click to take them out of the build queue, they are removed - but on the next turn, the structure that I cancelled is being built again!

I tried shift-clicking and control-clicking - but this does nothing, so I don't think it is the same thing that cdrwolfe mentioned.
cdrwolfe was talking about scrapping production facilities. This is a different issue. Cancelling structures under construction used to work, but I must have forgotten to update it when I migrated the game over to the new client/server framework (which affects single player games as well). I'll look into it and fix it for the next release.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This is the kind of thorough testing I like to see :).

08 Dec 2006, 22:55
Profile WWW
Crewman

perhaps someone can help me because i get this error message when i try to start the game
AppName: supremacyclient.exe AppVer: 0.1.0.0 AppStamp:456b70aa
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 ModStamp:44ab9a99
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012a5b

09 Dec 2006, 16:47
Profile WWW

Could you try and make a screenie of the error message, kamoflash?

A screenshot might provide more information and make it easier for Mike to track down the problem. If you need help making a screenshot, send me a PM. :wink:

09 Dec 2006, 19:28
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

The most likely cause of kamoflash's problem is not having the .NET Framework 3.0 installed...

09 Dec 2006, 19:57
Profile WWW

Well if that's what it is, check out the first post in this thread, kamoflash. (The post that you downloaded Supremacy from)

The links to download version 3 of the .Net platform are in there. :wink:

09 Dec 2006, 21:00
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Well if that's what it is, check out the first post in this thread, kamoflash. (The post that you downloaded Supremacy from)

The links to download version 3 of the .Net platform are in there. :wink:
Yes, it's in the big bold letters reading "What you need to run it". It also has big blinking arrows pointing to it.

09 Dec 2006, 22:48
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

just curious, why not putting a simple readme.txt into the archive?

I mean for me it took only one or two seconds to realize what I missed on my computer but as you see, others may not get the clue. (I must admit I didn't bother the bold letters too ;) it's just common negligent behaviour I guess)

10 Dec 2006, 00:00
Profile WWW

LOL I like the latest update to your download post, Mike! :lol:

10 Dec 2006, 17:56
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I uploaded a new demo version. I didn't get quite as much done this month as I would have liked, but I did get research implemented and I fixed some multiplayer issues. Enjoy :).

23 Dec 2006, 23:28
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Cool early xmas gift thanks

24 Dec 2006, 00:26
Crewman

Centurion_VarDin wrote:
Furthermore, I like the music :)

Thank you. Glad *someone* bothers to say so once in a while. :p

And in a shameless self-plug (since Mr. Strobel didn't do it and all), I would direct you to the website button on the bottom of my post here if you want to see where he got them from, and/or hear more. :)

24 Dec 2006, 19:33
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hi all!

new to the forums, but wow, great work!!

I'm trying out the demo as we speak, will definetly leave feedback

01 Jan 2007, 02:07
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mike the game is still playing well I have only done some single player tests with it.

Things I noticed

Ship Option Features:

• Ships do not keep their new assigned name (suggestion to add a cancel and accept feature)
• Ships will not deploy as a fleet *I don’t know if you have added this feature yet it was not noted in you upgrade info.* (again suggestion to add a cancel and accept feature)
 Towing works great
 Fuel sources. I have noticed you can gather fuel from solar systems but not nebulas?
• Small intermitted bug with ETA notifications. Ships with the same title name i.e. Colony ship1 when you have one ship in movement the other ships have and ETA track they ships movements
• Request to add more ship images into the working beta J
• The game locked up at turn 113 for some reason, also anything in the error.txt file

Tech Level Features:

Not much to note here they workJ. I only have some suggestions here.

• I would like to see a current developing percentage indicator built into the techs. (either by number percentage or fade in graphic)

Miscellaneous Features:
What’s up with the moons gone wild?
• Do the moons have any material value to them?
• Are you going to add the other asteroid belt to sol? You know the one between Mars and Jupiter?

01 Jan 2007, 17:51
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Valcoren wrote:
Ships do not keep their new assigned name (suggestion to add a cancel and accept feature)
Ah yes, this had slipped my mind. I'll add it to my to-do list :).
Valcoren wrote:
Ships will not deploy as a fleet *I don’t know if you have added this feature yet it was not noted in you upgrade info.* (again suggestion to add a cancel and accept feature)
hmm, you should be able to redeploy ships just like in BotF. I believe I changed it so you have to double-click a ship to redeploy it. That way, you can click just once to see the ship info, edit the ship name, etc.
Valcoren wrote:
Towing works great
Woohoo :).
Valcoren wrote:
Fuel sources. I have noticed you can gather fuel from solar systems but not nebulas?
Ah, good suggestion, that hadn't occurred to me. Easily fixed. I'll add that to my to-do list as well.
Valcoren wrote:
Small intermitted bug with ETA notifications. Ships with the same title name i.e. Colony ship1 when you have one ship in movement the other ships have and ETA track they ships movements
I've noticed that it does this sometimes, and I have no idea why. It only seems to happen rarely for me. Is this your experience as well?
Valcoren wrote:
Request to add more ship images into the working beta
Yes, I've requested ship images from Jigalypuff, and I'm still waiting to get them.
Valcoren wrote:
The game locked up at turn 113 for some reason, also anything in the error.txt file
Unfortunately, those problems are hard to diagnose. If it happens on my machine, I can attach a debugger and see what it's doing (it's probably caught in a loop somewhere). When this happens, try loading the auto.sav savegame and hit turn, then see if it locks up again. If it does, send me the auto.sav file and I'll take a look :).

Valcoren wrote:
I would like to see a current developing percentage indicator built into the techs. (either by number percentage or fade in graphic)
Yes, I intend to add this. It's been annoying me as well :).

Valcoren wrote:
What’s up with the moons gone wild?
The moon probabilities are all stored in tables, and they need to be tweaked. It's been on the to-do list for a while, but since they don't have any value yet, it's been a low priority.
Valcoren wrote:
Do the moons have any material value to them?
Not yet, but eventually you will be able to research and build domes on them that will increase your max population for the entire system.
Valcoren wrote:
Are you going to add the other asteroid belt to sol? You know the one between Mars and Jupiter?
Matress_of_evil had suggested this, and I tried it, but I didn't like the way it looked. He agreed. However, it can be easily modified by editing the 'Resources\HomeSystems.xml' file, so feel free to change it on your version if you like :).

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Valcoren. I hope you'll continue playing and report any other bugs you find in the subsequent releases :).

02 Jan 2007, 00:23
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Valcoren wrote:
Small intermitted bug with ETA notifications. Ships with the same title name i.e. Colony ship1 when you have one ship in movement the other ships have and ETA track they ships movements I've noticed that it does this sometimes, and I have no idea why. It only seems to happen rarely for me. Is this your experience as well?

If I had to give a percentage I would say I noticed it about 30% out of the totaling 204 turns I made.

Valcoren wrote:
Request to add more ship images into the working beta Yes, I've requested ship images from Jigalypuff, and I'm still waiting to get them.

Thank you :-)

Valcoren wrote:
The game locked up at turn 113 for some reason, also anything in the error.txt file Unfortunately, those problems are hard to diagnose. If it happens on my machine, I can attach a debugger and see what it's doing (it's probably caught in a loop somewhere). When this happens, try loading the auto.sav savegame and hit turn, then see if it locks up again. If it does, send me the auto.sav file and I'll take a look :).

Yes it did pick back up from the autosave.

Valcoren wrote:
Are you going to add the other asteroid belt to sol? You know the one between Mars and Jupiter? Matress_of_evil had suggested this, and I tried it, but I didn't like the way it looked. He agreed. However, it can be easily modified by editing the 'Resources\HomeSystems.xml' file, so feel free to change it on your version if you like :).

I may give it a go. It is not to the point of being anal about it yet :-)

Valcoren wrote:
Thanks for the detailed feedback, Valcoren. I hope you'll continue playing and report any other bugs you find in the subsequent releases :).

Yes, I will. I have been enjoying watching the game develop ever since you showed it as your school project. Keep up the great work. I will try my best to keep up on the little-bug wacking

02 Jan 2007, 02:42
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Regarding fuel supply and Nebulas, do each type of resource generate differant amounts of fuel?

It would be interesting to allow nebulas which are no doubt scarce to have a higher resupply "bonus" therefore giving them a more strategic value.

02 Jan 2007, 14:32
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Well, ships would only harvest deuterium when they have depleted some of their reserves and they are out of range of the fuel lines. Nebulas would only provide fuel in those circumstances, and would not really have any strategic value, since if you owned them, they would most likely be within your fuel lines and therefore your ships would not need to harvest deuterium from them.

03 Jan 2007, 10:49
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Just out of curiosity, when are you planning on uploading a new version?

EDIT:
What I found so far (which I haven't seen in anyone else's post)>

- The drop down menu used to select galaxy options (size, type, densities, etc) appears under the menu, so it get's overlayed by it, not letting me see which option I am picking.
Here's a screen so you can see what I mean:

- Research points allocation. This is a detail, but in BOTF I you could take the points from every other research field and put them in a specific one by just unlocking all of them and clicking inside the allocation points' bar of the research field you wanted to put all the points in. (did I make it clear :P )

- The Ships' and Buildings' description, at least some of them, seem to be cut off at some point, and you keep going down with the arrows. (again another detail)

Now, one thing I would like, and that I do not remember if anyone else asked, is to have a different indicator for the ships's paths. The white dotted line gets on my nerves somehow ^^

That's it for now, I will continue testing to see if I find something else to comment on. I apologize if anything I have posted above has already been brought to your attention.

13 Jan 2007, 03:23
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Eon_Janus wrote:
Just out of curiosity, when are you planning on uploading a new version?
Probably this weekend. I've made several changes to the code, but not much has changed in terms of gameplay. A few bugs have been fixed.

Eon_Janus wrote:
The drop down menu used to select galaxy options (size, type, densities, etc) appears under the menu, so it get's overlayed by it, not letting me see which option I am picking.
This is a strange one. I've seen this happen once on my system, but I could never reproduce it. I think it's a glitch in the WPF. Does this always happen on your system?

Eon_Janus wrote:
Research points allocation. This is a detail, but in BOTF I you could take the points from every other research field and put them in a specific one by just unlocking all of them and clicking inside the allocation points' bar of the research field you wanted to put all the points in. (did I make it clear :P )
I plan to add click/drag input to the resource allocation bars at some point. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Note that you can click and hold the arrows, which is a bit faster than clicking over and over.

Eon_Janus wrote:
The Ships' and Buildings' description, at least some of them, seem to be cut off at some point, and you keep going down with the arrows. (again another detail)
I'd need to see an example of this. Wait until I upload a new demo this weekend, then see if it still happens, and if it does, post a screenshot if you don't mind :).

Eon_Janus wrote:
Now, one thing I would like, and that I do not remember if anyone else asked, is to have a different indicator for the ships's paths. The white dotted line gets on my nerves somehow ^^
Well, I have a rule for people that don't like the aesthetics in the game--you have to suggest something better before I consider changing it ;). The benefit of the dotted lines is that it was trivial to implement. However, if you can offer a suggestion that's significantly better then I'll consider giving it a try.

Thanks for the feedback, and let me know if you have any other suggestions. I'll try to get a new snapshot uploaded this Saturday.

13 Jan 2007, 07:49
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

The Ships' and Buildings' description, at least some of them, seem to be cut off at some point, and you keep going down with the arrows. (again another detail)

I am sorry, I made a mistake there. The problem in fact is that once you reach to the point in which the text gets cut off, clicking on the arrows won't show the rest of the text, that is what I wanted to say actually, sorry about that.

And your position of expecting people to suggest something better in order to change aesthetic parts of the game is understandable, I would want the same thing. I always liked the way it was in BOTF, and if the Waypoints thingie gets implemented (I am sorry about my ignorance, just don't remember what the database had right now), I guess it would fit perfectly. What do you think?

As for the drop down thingie, I will try and test that again tonight, and will edit this post, right now I got to run :P. Thanks ^^

13 Jan 2007, 23:00
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Eon_Janus wrote:
And your position of expecting people to suggest something better in order to change aesthetic parts of the game is understandable, I would want the same thing. I always liked the way it was in BOTF, and if the Waypoints thingie gets implemented (I am sorry about my ignorance, just don't remember what the database had right now), I guess it would fit perfectly. What do you think?
Waypoints are already implemented. You can Ctrl+Click on a series of sectors to set a complex path for your ships. Release the Ctrl key when clicking on the destination sector.

I didn't particularly like the path arrows in BotF. When you had a lot of fleets moving, it was difficult to figure out which paths belonged to which fleets.

13 Jan 2007, 23:26
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

lol yes and they kept sticking to the mouse when you didn't want them but just go into system planet management :)

13 Jan 2007, 23:30
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Well, the issue of the drop-down menu regarding the galaxy setup has not shown up this time. Strange :?

Regarding the ships's paths, I think it would be nice to change the ETA message a bit. Instead of showing the ETA once you click in the desired sector, I think it would be better to have it shown by just putting the cursor over said sector. I know it is a very minor detail, but it would be useful (at times :P )

14 Jan 2007, 02:07
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Uploaded a new demo. This version has several bugfixes and some changes that should reduce multiplayer turn processing time.

I tweaked a few things in the Research screen, added a Tech Database to the research screen, and implemented outpost construction. You'll need to build a Construction ship to build outposts, not a Transport like in BotF.

Note: Only one fleet can be assigned a "Build Outpost" order in a given sector. If you want more than one Construction ship to help in the construction, you'll need to redeploy them into a single fleet.

14 Jan 2007, 10:31
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Anyone got any ideas on how you can manually remove the Windows Presentation Foundation Beta 2.

The auto remove program gets hung up here, and it says it can't find an entry called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/classes/.xaml/bootstrap in the registry.

Any ideas?

14 Jan 2007, 18:10
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Coopa wrote:
Anyone got any ideas on how you can manually remove the Windows Presentation Foundation Beta 2.

The auto remove program gets hung up here, and it says it can't find an entry called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/classes/.xaml/bootstrap in the registry.

Any ideas?
Hmm, I assume you've also tried uninstalling it using the Add/Remove Programs control panel? If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else you can try :(.

14 Jan 2007, 18:12
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I uploaded a small update. There are only a few noticable differences since the last demo:

1. The ETA is now displayed while you select a new route for a fleet.

2. I have added an Encyclopedia tab to the Science Screen. This will replace the Tech Database tab, though I have not removed it yet.

3. There is a temporary test screen in place of the Diplomacy ("Embassy") screen. This demonstrates a node graph that I'm working on. Ultimately, it will display your civilization at the center, and it will have color-coded lines to the civilization with which you have diplomatic contact. Right now all the lines are white, but they later on they will change color based on the current relationship between the two civilizations. When you click on one of the other civilizations, that civilization will become the center node, and you will be able to see that civilization's relationship with the other civilizations in the game. When it's finished, it will only display the civilizations with which the center civilization has established contact. So, when you click on another civilization, some new nodes may appear and some existing nodes may disappear. It should be pretty cool when it's finished. This will only be one part of the diplomacy screen, of course.

27 Jan 2007, 21:48
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

I was playing last night for 30 mins, EXTREAMLY AWESOME!

Im soooo going to play this tonight.

Great work!! The dream of Boft2 is coming together :)

Cant thank you enough for all the effort your putting in!

I will test like a crazy obbsessed person tonight and leave feed back :)

btw things i love:

I love Mstrobel for making the game :P
I love the Ship paths and way points there working well !!
I love the fuel system !!
I love the menus they look amazing !!

The whole game has a new exciting feel to it :) this is the main thing that i wanted :) and well done for getting a multi play demo out so early it will allow me to test lan games for you :)

Youve done such a fantastic job so far, i can see the effort that gone into this.

All hail Mstrobel! your games going to blow us all away!

29 Jan 2007, 11:07
Reply to topic   [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 74  Next