View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 May 2024, 02:23

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Just downloaded 
Crewman

Hey im new here and when i try to load the game i get this:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

The type initializer for 'Supremacy.UI.PlanetView3D' threw an exception.

at Supremacy.UI.PlanetView3D.PreloadImages()
at Supremacy.UI.StarSystemPanel.PreloadImages() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\SupremacyUI\StarSystemPanel.cs:line 106
at Supremacy.Client.GameWindow..ctor() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\SupremacyClient\GameWindow.xaml.cs:line 280
at Supremacy.Client.SplashScreen.LoadGameWindow() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\SupremacyClient\SplashScreen.xaml.cs:line 84

Method not found: 'Void System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.set_MaxCharactersFromEntities(Int64)'.

at System.Xml.Linq.XNode.GetXmlReaderSettings(LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri)
at Supremacy.UI.PlanetView3D..cctor() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\SupremacyUI\PlanetView3D.cs:line 46

Is there anything im doing wrong or missing? I just downloaded the recent update for the game (2007-10-28). Am I missing something or what?

Thanks.

29 Oct 2007, 14:24
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

As an above reply in seperate thread, the bug is known and being looked at no doubt :)

Regards Wolfe

29 Oct 2007, 14:57
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Yeah, Mike knows about the bug and is looking at the cause. Until the problem has been fixed, the download has been temporarily removed. Keep checking the pre-release thread for further info and/or updated links. :wink:

29 Oct 2007, 16:05
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I actually know the cause, and it's a pretty quick fix, though I won't be able to upload a new release until tonight.

29 Oct 2007, 17:06
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Speaking of bug fixes :)

Nullable object must have a value.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.GeneratePlanetsWithHomeworld(StarSystemDescriptor system, Civilization civ) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 533
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.PlaceHomeworlds(IList`1 positions, IList`1 starNames) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 468
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.GenerateGalaxy(GameContext game) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 178
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Initialize() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 334
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext..ctor(GameOptions options) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 315
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 301
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.DoStartGame() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 550
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Do you have any idea to the reason for this one, i'd have thought it was due to changes via the editor as thats all i've really done, but as i can't tell whats causing it i can't fix it lol.

Regards Wolfe

29 Oct 2007, 17:11
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

That should also be fixed in the latest build... which is now available. Turns out I didn't have to diff the changes, since I had just commented out my old code. Real quick fix :).

29 Oct 2007, 17:18
Profile WWW
Crewman

Ok a little progress for me. Now my problem is that when i start the game and choose what kind of galaxy and stuff and click OK, i get a background of a nebula but then the game crashes but there is no error report. Sorry for another problem but anyone know why it happens?
Thanks for the help.

30 Oct 2007, 00:07
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

is there nothing in servererror.txt ??

Regards Wolfe

30 Oct 2007, 00:09
Crewman

Well i just found this is ServerError:

Method not found: 'Void System.Reflection.Emit.DynamicMethod..ctor(System.String, System.Type, System.Type[], Boolean)'.

at System.Linq.Expressions.ExpressionCompiler.GenerateLambda(LambdaExpression lambda)
at System.Linq.Expressions.ExpressionCompiler.CompileDynamicLambda(LambdaExpression lambda)
at System.Linq.Expressions.LambdaExpression.Compile()
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollectionExtention.GetHashRight[T](IndexedCollection`1 sourceCollection, Expression leftSide, Expression rightSide) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 560
at Supremacy.Collections.IndexedCollectionExtention.<Where>d__32`1.MoveNext() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Collections\IndexedCollection.cs:line 581
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Supremacy.Universe.UniverseObjectSet.get_Item(Int32 objectId) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\UniverseObjectSet.cs:line 46
at Supremacy.Universe.UniverseManager.Get[T](Int32 objectId) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\UniverseManager.cs:line 99
at Supremacy.Universe.Colony.get_System() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\Colony.cs:line 170
at Supremacy.Universe.Colony.set_OwnerID(Int32 value) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\Colony.cs:line 159
at Supremacy.Universe.UniverseObject.set_Owner(Civilization value) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\UniverseObject.cs:line 104
at Supremacy.Universe.Colony..ctor(StarSystem system, Race inhabitants) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\Colony.cs:line 91
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.CreateHomeColony(Civilization civ, StarSystem system, Race inhabitants) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 710
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.PlaceHomeworlds(IList`1 positions, IList`1 starNames) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 534
at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.GenerateGalaxy(GameContext game) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 180
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Initialize() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 333
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext..ctor(GameOptions options) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 314
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options) in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 301
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.DoStartGame() in C:\Documents and Settings\mikest\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Supremacy_2008\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 623
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

30 Oct 2007, 00:13
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Go re-read the original post in the Supremacy Pre-Release Download thread. You now have to install the .NET Framework v3.5 Beta 2 as well.

30 Oct 2007, 00:14
Profile WWW
Crewman

Oh sorry i must have overlooked that. Thanks.

30 Oct 2007, 00:17
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]