View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 May 2024, 04:52

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New to Supremacy 
Crewman

Hi and thank you for creating such an impressive game.

Everything seems great and it looks stunning.

Just wanted to know a few things mainly when are you impementing more races and i just wanted to know why the turns take so long even in the early stages of the game. Oh and how do you terraform in this game.

07 Nov 2007, 10:09
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hi Hodan, welcome to the forums!

The lack of minor races is an isue that I am dealing with personally - i'm adding in every minor race that has been in Trek, (And has at least basic info known about them, there are 4 races that I have had to exclude because so little is known about them) specifying what their homesystem is like, giving them special structures, and so on.

As for the slow turn processing...what version of the game do you have? Make sure you download the latest version. (If in the first page of the Supremacy pre-release thread, the link is constantly updated to take you to the latest download version, so check it on a regular basis! :wink:)

Supremacy is running faaaar faster than it was only a few weeks ago - Mike fixed an issue where the game was loading the info for everything into the memory rather than just the stuff the game needs. Before the fix, the game took about 27 seconds to process the first turn on a small map on my computer. It now takes about 5 seconds. :mrgreen:

What are your system stats by the way? The game has not been optimised yet, but will be once it is nearer completion. If Mike knows that people are experiencing a slow game on certain computer setups, he may be able to tweak it to run faster for those people. He won't be able to do this if he doesn't know what computers people have, however.

My own computer is Windows XP Home, Pentium 4 model 540 Processor @3.207Ghz, 1Gb RAM, and 2x Radeon 9250 128mb graphics cards. Don't think that you can't run the game if your computer is less equipped than mine - there are no set hardware requirements for Supremacy yet because the game is incomplete, but the game certainly isn't a resource hog like the latest "real" games are. If you have a fairly recent PC, you'll be fine. My own computer is 2 years old, and I don't have any problems.

Welcome to the forums. :)

07 Nov 2007, 10:57
Profile WWW
Crewman

at the moment i have an Athlon 2.2 ghz. 1 gig ram. and a Raidon 9600 with 256 memory. my system is alittle old it always played Botf ok though and handles most games up to about half life 2.

I am not sure i have got the right version. i downloaded the one that is from the post thats says Supremacy pre-release download {4th November}. I phned my brother up to ask his advice because he is a fan too and he said the version he has you can play as other races as well.

07 Nov 2007, 16:40
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

he might have downloaded bote, the other game ;).

if you want that one right now, I'm afraid you have to ask your brother to send it over to you via msn or any other personal messenger. bote downloads are down for the moment :).

07 Nov 2007, 16:57
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Hodan wrote:
Hi and thank you for creating such an impressive game.
You're quite welcome :).

Hodan wrote:
Everything seems great and it looks stunning.
Thanks! I'm a real stickler when it comes to presentation, so I try to make everything look nice :).

Hodan wrote:
Just wanted to know a few things mainly when are you impementing more races and i just wanted to know why the turns take so long even in the early stages of the game. Oh and how do you terraform in this game.
All of the minor races should be included in the game (there's over a hundred and twenty of them, though they won't all appear in every game you play. ;)). As for the turn processing time, I recommend playing on a small or tiny map for now. There are currently some performance issues I have to track down that make turn processing take far too long on the larger maps. Resolving those issues is my top priority for the next week or two, so hopefully I can get it sorted out soon.

07 Nov 2007, 17:05
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks for the advice dude. will play on smaller map.

08 Nov 2007, 22:05
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]