View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 May 2024, 18:39

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 AI 
Post AI
AI.... Diplomacy.... this is it people....

Diplomacy which shouldnt take long...

All we have to wait for... AI

Once the AI is done .... which should be done *If All goes well and no unexpected changed occur... around Late Summer / Early Fall. :) THEN STAR TREK SUPREMACY.

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE THIS IS IT... 2008... BIRTH OF THE FEDERATION 2 COMES OUT....

Say it to yourself a few times ... cause it needs to sink in... lol

Almost 9 - 10 years later WE GET BOTF 2... and we get to thank the one the only MIKE STROBEL... and the BOTF 2 community ... Matress of Evil, Stiches, etc. You all are making the dream reality. Just want to say thank you... Yous are legends and heroes in my book!

Every day I keep tellin myself ... BOTF 2... is coming... its amzing... played a game today... ITS AMAZING... I cant wait to stand up to The Dominion.... "Theres a old saying 'FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD'"

Mike Strobel and BOTF 2 Team has arrived...ATTENTION ON DECK! PRESENT ARMS! *SALUTE!

17 Jan 2008, 12:20
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

That might be pushing it a bit, Jean!

Supremacy has barely been in development for a year, and the modellers alone are aiming to complete the models by CHRISTMAS 2008, so the game certainly won't be *finished* until then.

You've also got to think that there is tons of work to be done yet; AI, diplomacy, the ability to control other empires/races, tactical combat, images, text, random events...there's tons of work to be done. The game will certainly not be finished this year, and maybe not even next year. BOTE has taken three years to get to the stage that it is currently at, and SirP still hasn't finished! Games take a long time to develop, especially if you're doing it in your spare time and not being paid for it. But it is coming, and after the fantastic progress made during the last four months, we may even be pleasantly surprised. 8)

17 Jan 2008, 12:46
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

4 years MoE, even 4 years ;) though one cannot equalize time here. Efficiency varies, as well as the actual time spending on coding so one can only project things roughly, but always with a year variance and of course mike's often citated hit-by-a-truck scenario :).

17 Jan 2008, 13:01
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I never said summer or fall--just 'hopefully' 2008. In other words, I'm hoping to have a game that's genuinely playable (with AI and victory conditions) by Christmas 2008, but still not necessarily feature complete.

17 Jan 2008, 17:32
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
I hope to have at least some kind of model for each station and ship on the list by or before then. Expect that we will still have models to replace or fix up before it is up to Starfleet standards.

17 Jan 2008, 18:34
Im sorry guys... meant to say that come AI / Diplomacy the game is complete... For Me. Thats when my wife will be complaining ... "Your in front of that computer ALL DAY" lol

I know many of yous are looking for all features to be implemented... but for me allls I need is AI, Diplomacy :) ... oh and auto resolve combat :)

mstrobel wrote:
I never said summer or fall--just 'hopefully' 2008. In other words, I'm hoping to have a game that's genuinely playable (with AI and victory conditions) by Christmas 2008, but still not necessarily feature complete.

Yeah Baby - CHRISTMAS 2008 :)

18 Jan 2008, 01:02
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]