View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 09:36

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 New Idea: Customized Infiltration 
Crewman

As I was working on my mod today, I came to recall Voyager tapping into and using the Hirogen's Communications Network. It was used to send a transmission in the form of a transporter beam, and Voyager was able to use the Network to scan into the Alpha Quadrant and see the Prometheus.

Now, here I am proposing that if it is possible, to implement these exact tactics in the game. What I mean is that if your Intelligence strength in Computer tech is sufficient, you can choose to tap into the Sensor mainframe of any minor OR major race, effectively 'seeing' what they see (perhaps to a certain extent). On the other hand, if your Intel strength in Military AND Hand-to-Hand Combat is sufficient, you can choose to attempt commandeering of a large Warship or perhaps even a Starbase! I think this would make the game FAR more interesting in terms of gameplay and uniqueness, as Ive never seen any game implement commandeering a ship of choice or Starbase (which of course, would depend on location as well. The farther away the ship/station is located from, say, a Shipyard or Command Facility (such as a Training Facility or a Headquarters of some kind), the better % chance you have of stealing it and using it for your empire).

In the case of commandeering a Starbase, this would be an entirely new concept to the BotF universe, and could serve as a defining factor towards either war or peace, victory or defeat, depending on Intel strengths vs pure militaristic power and prowess. Imagine going into battle not knowing if the Starbase you just opted to commandeer, will switch sides and begin fighting for you! Oh the pleasure of seeing your enemies destroyed before you, tucking tail and running like cowards!

Just something to marinate on ;) Thanks for taking the time to listen :P

15 Nov 2010, 09:00
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]