View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 17:13

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Database 
Admiral
Admiral

Here's the data files as they currently stand. There have been a few changes in the game that make this not work fully with the current public version, namely Shipyards, Orbital Batteries and Planetary Shields. Shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to the public build though, for testing. I can help with that if needed.

The Dominion is still a bit on hold, we still don't know if they will be able to colonize or not. Ideally, the colonization race would be the Founders and they would only be able to colonize Rogue planets, relying heavily on diplo and subjugation of minors. Their Phased Polaron Beams are still on hold too.

Buildings should pretty much be ready for testing, though their costs might need to be revisited if base industry is reworked - currently it's equal to the system's pop, which is kind of weird given that in large systems you can pretty much redirect pop from industry and still have decent industry outputs.

Ships still need some work. Their costs might also still be revisited, if Shipyard output is made to increase with Construction tech level (a smoother output curve instead of steps). Range and Fuel need to be reviewed too, but their overlapping nature should be fixed first - that is, one of them should be scrapped.

Comments are most welcome! I guess it's the "slow season", but I'll be around to answer any questions.

edit: see below for the files

27 Jul 2012, 10:55
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

Hello ICEMAN
There is a error detected when i launch the game, it's about the TECH CURVES!

An error occurred while loading the Civilization Database: The requested value 'TechCurve5' was not found. (it's the same thing with all the other TechCurve)

In your modified CIVILISATIONS.xml file:
<TechCurve>TechCurve1</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>TechCurve2</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>TechCurve3</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>TechCurve4</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>TechCurve5</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>TechCurve6</TechCurve>

In your modified CIVILISATIONS.xsd file:
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve1"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve2"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve3"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve4"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve5"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TechCurve6"/>

I would like suggest to keep this as in the original CIVILIZATIONS.xsd file:
<xs:enumeration value="Backward"/>
<xs:enumeration value="Primitive"/>
<xs:enumeration value="Developed"/>
<xs:enumeration value="Sophisticated"/>
<xs:enumeration value="Advanced"/>
<xs:enumeration value="Supreme"/>

& this as in the original CIVILIZATIONS.xml file:
<TechCurve>Backward</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>Primitive</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>Developed</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>Sophisticated</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>Advanced</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>Supreme</TechCurve>

05 Aug 2012, 11:56
Admiral
Admiral

We changed those labels for the sake of translations (and even name changes). The language files will determine what gets displayed.
For now you'll have to change them back to their original values. It's really simple, you'll just have to do the opposite of what I did :wink: With Find+Replace, it's a breeze. I recommend using Np++ instead of Np.
LMK if you need any help.

06 Aug 2012, 16:01

I did with this way, it's more simple:

In your modified CIVILISATIONS.xml file:
<TechCurve>1</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>2</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>3</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>4</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>5</TechCurve>
<TechCurve>6</TechCurve>

In your modified CIVILISATIONS.xsd file:
<xs:enumeration value="1"/>
<xs:enumeration value="2"/>
<xs:enumeration value="3"/>
<xs:enumeration value="4"/>
<xs:enumeration value="5"/>
<xs:enumeration value="6"/>

After this when i choose the empire to play, there is some difficulties to LOAD the game!! It doesn't work!!! In fact the LOADING screen remains active very long and nothing happens!!
What are XAML files in the DATA & TEXT folders? They work in the game?

08 Aug 2012, 00:06
Admiral
Admiral

It's simpler but apparently doesn't work? :wink: Have you tried using the old labels (Backwards, etc)?

Some of the new files have to do with Agents, the new Orbital Batteries, and diplomacy, but they'll not be used by the public version of the game. I just included them so that people that like to scrutinize everything (like me :wink: ) could look at them and check them - and have an idea of what to expect.

08 Aug 2012, 11:32

Iceman wrote:
It's simpler but apparently doesn't work? :wink: Have you tried using the old labels (Backwards, etc)?
It's the same thing with the old labels!!!

I noticed this kind of line in the TechObjectsDatabase.xml file:
<Image>vfs:///Resources/Images/TechObjects/ProductionFacilities/primitive_farm.png</Image>

So In the original file it's this:
<Image>primitive_farm.png</Image>

08 Aug 2012, 11:45
Admiral
Admiral

I'll check it when I get the time. You can use the old files (public version) though, changes to civs should pretty much be quadrants.

The folder structure for tech object images has changed, for a better organization and separation according to type. In order to see the pics, you just have to remove the path.
Notice some tech objects had their names changed.

08 Aug 2012, 15:47
Admiral
Admiral

I don't have the files handy, can you post both Civilizations.xml and .xsd here? The ones from the latest public version.

If you want to post your modified files too, I can take a look.

08 Aug 2012, 17:27

There is the original & modified CIVILIZATIONS.xml & .xsd files!!

Attachments:
File comment: MODIFIED FILE
Civilizations.xsd [4.98 KiB]
Downloaded 382 times
File comment: MODIFIED FILE
Civilizations.xml [87.06 KiB]
Downloaded 423 times
File comment: ORIGINAL FILE
Civilizations.xsd [5.03 KiB]
Downloaded 407 times
File comment: ORIGINAL FILE
Civilizations.xml [87.78 KiB]
Downloaded 424 times

08 Aug 2012, 20:10
Admiral
Admiral

If you tried with the old labels and it didn't work, it's probably something else not related to tech curves. Did you check the logs? They're text files in the game's main folder.

09 Aug 2012, 11:14

In fact it's about the file TechObjectDatabase there is a bug!!!

I noticed these new structures in the ProductionFacility section (upgrade, obsolete item, prerequisite):

FARMING_CENTRE
MACHINING_PLANT
POWER_PLANT
RESEARCH_LAB
DATA_BROKERAGE

all of Type 1 to 10

I guess it's reserved to the Minor races or you planned to add a new empire?
**********************************************************************************
I think there is an error in this structure:

<Building Key="SHIELD_GENERATOR">
<TechRequirements>
<Energy>4</Energy>
</TechRequirements>
<BuildCost>1000</BuildCost>
<IsUniversallyAvailable>true</IsUniversallyAvailable>
<EnergyCost>100</EnergyCost>
<Restrictions>
<Restriction>OnePer100MaxPopUnits</Restriction>
</Restrictions>
<Bonuses>
<Bonus Type="PlanetaryShielding" Amount="300" />
<Bonus Type="ShieldPerEnergyTech" Amount="50" />
</Bonuses>
</Building>
**********************************************************************************

09 Aug 2012, 21:07
Admiral
Admiral

Yep, those are the PFs for Minors. They're set to be universal, and each empire has its own set.

And nope, there's no error in the Shield Generator. It works differently now. You can build one per 100 max pop in the system (notice it's not OpS), and when built the shield will charge over time (at a rate equal to its power requirement) until it's fully charged (full charge is given by the base value + an amount per Energy tech level). When it takes damage, it will lose part of its charge, and when possible it will again charge to full capacity. It works more like ships' shields now.

10 Aug 2012, 11:40
Admiral
Admiral

Quote:
There have been a few changes in the game that make this not work fully with the current public version, namely Shipyards, Orbital Batteries and Planetary Shields.

:wink:

I honestly don't remember every change (I failed to mention the tech curves in the OT), but I recommend using the "public versions" of these objects when creating the new data files to work with the public version (copy+paste these objects to the new data files, removing/commenting their new versions).

10 Aug 2012, 19:20

I resolved the issue with the SHIELD GENERATOR, in fact it work ONLY with the Percent to Bonus type!!!

<Building Key="SHIELD_GENERATOR">
<TechRequirements>
<Energy>4</Energy>
</TechRequirements>
<BuildCost>1000</BuildCost>
<EnergyCost>100</EnergyCost>
<Bonuses>
<Bonus Type="PercentPlanetaryShielding" Amount="300" />
<Bonus Type="ShieldPerEnergyTech" Amount="50" />
</Bonuses>
</Building>

I also removed this:
<Restrictions>
<Restriction>OnePer100MaxPopUnits</Restriction>
</Restrictions>

(Possible as bonus but not as Restriction)

The restrictions are:

Home System - Native System - Non-Native System - Conquered System - White Star - Blue Star - Green Star - Yellow Star - Orange Star - Red Star - Arctic Planet - Asteroids - Barren Planet - Crystalline Giant - Demon Planet - Desert Planet - Gas Giant - Jungle Planet - Oceanic Planet - Rogue Planet - Terran Planet - Volcanic Planet - One Per Empire - One Per System - Dilithium - Duranium - Moons
*****************************************************************************************************
I added this in the en.txt file of the STRINGS folder

[SHIPYARD_EFFICIENCY]
Shipyard Efficiency

*****************************************************************************************************
I added Gas Giant about the Deuterium Collector

<Building Key="DEUTERIUM_COLLECTOR">
<TechRequirements>
<Construction>1</Construction>
</TechRequirements>
<BuildCost>500</BuildCost>
<EnergyCost>30</EnergyCost>
<Restrictions>
<Restriction>OnePerSystem</Restriction>
<Restriction>RoguePlanet</Restriction>
<Restriction>GasGiant</Restriction>
</Restrictions>
<Bonuses>
<Bonus Type="Deuterium" Amount="25" />
</Bonuses>
</Building>

Deuterium is a relatively rare isotope of hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe. The greatest concentrations of deuterium are found in the atmospheres of Gas Giant planets, the waters of Oceanic worlds, and in nebulae; Deuterium Collectors have been specifically designed to collect deuterium from the latter.

Note: The only Rogue planet is in the Omarion Nebula (Dominion)

11 Aug 2012, 15:56
Admiral
Admiral

Not that you're going to use the shield in the game yet, but you might just as well remove the PlanetaryShielding bonus, since you'll get the Energy tech level shielding.

Those aree the displayed values for Restrictions. Notice that the internal name for Duranium (that's an experiment of mine) is still RawMaterials.

Gas Giants provide an automatic Deuterium output, with no need for a structure. Since the Dominion doesn't have a GG in Omarion, and the other homesystems already have the mentioned automatic output from their GGs, I made the Deuterium Collector work only in nebulae; since there's currently no Restriction for nebulae, I used Rogue precisely because Rogue planets are only created in nebulae. It's a workaround, but it works.
Making it work for GGs too makes other empires have more of an advantage in Deuterium collection - the automatic output and the output from the structure. Doesn't make much sense, and could potentially be unbalancing.

14 Aug 2012, 12:11

1)
Iceman wrote:
Gas Giants provide an automatic Deuterium output, with no need for a structure.

Oh ok! i saw that, GOOD IDEA!!! :clap:
About the ships who have the function "Collect Deuterium" (when these ships cross the limits of the scan range), it's possible for them when they enter in a system with a GIANT GAS to collect automatically some DEUTERIUM for their reserves without use this same function "Collect Deuterium"?

*******************************************************************************************************
2)
Could you put these MORALE labels (from the MoraleTables.txt file) in the EnumStrings.txt file?

Fanatic
Patriotic
Devoted
Optimistic
Stable
Displeased
Restless
Defiant
Rebellious
*******************************************************************************************************
3)
Question about the star system:
I noticed that we could only build one type of station (outpost or scientific station) in a star system ... Why not envisage building both types in one same system? (See the picture "STAR SYSTEM WITH 2 STATIONS" i did it wwith Painbrush as example)

Attachments:
File comment: STAR SYSTEM WITH 2 STATIONS
Star system test2.jpg
Star system test2.jpg [ 16.83 KiB | Viewed 25576 times ]

15 Aug 2012, 11:52
Admiral
Admiral

1) I think it's always been like that :wink:

About the Collect Deuterium order, it should probably be automated/automatic, it's kind of weird that you can only collect deuterium _outside_ your refueling range. Maybe even scrap it.

2) There's already some duplication in the tables files, I think Mike intended to clean them up, and probably rework their format.

3) We discussed an alternate way of dealing with Space Stations and other orbital objects like scanners some time ago. Namely, with dedicated modules you'd build into stations - research modules, scanner modules, medical modules, wepons/defenses modules, etc.

Science Stations do have some defenses, not sure you should be able to build both types in a sector.

17 Aug 2012, 13:18
Admiral
Admiral

I've got a version for the May09 release working. I can post it if there's any interest in it. I'm currently tweaking data and setting images.

20 Nov 2012, 16:54
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Iceman wrote:
I've got a version for the May09 release working. I can post it if there's any interest in it. I'm currently tweaking data and setting images.

Yes, please and thanks

22 Nov 2012, 15:46
Admiral
Admiral

I'm trying to fix a couple of issues, and I'll post it asap. One of them is the minors' fleetyards are not showing up in the build list, as upgrades.

26 Nov 2012, 17:29
Admiral
Admiral

The latest versions of the database, for both the May 09 public release and the private builds (which are now available publicly). These are the same as those posted in this thread - for consistency sake I'll post them here too:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4739

Quote:
Since the private builds have been made public, at least you guys should use the "working" build. This one has combat working, so it should at least be cool to invade some systems. Have fun!

http://www.startreksupremacy.com/Suprem ... 610.7z.bin

(after downloading the file, remove the .bin extension, and unpack with 7zip)

However:

•There might be some missing or outdated text, as I haven't merged any of the text files.
•The 3D ship models won't show up, as I still need to merge them into TechObjectDatabase.xml (but there are only a few ships with models anyway)

If you use the updated data and text files I posted above, you should be fine.

There are a few bugs/problems with this build BTW, namely with OpS (you can build as many minor special buildings as you want), formatting, etc.

Attachments:
File comment: private build version
Resources.zip [256.77 KiB]
Downloaded 470 times
File comment: May 09 release version
Resources May09.zip [248.45 KiB]
Downloaded 468 times
29 Nov 2012, 12:36
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Thanks, - will download when I get home.
:borg:

29 Nov 2012, 14:19
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

I just noticed that there are no custom planets in the game. Not even the solar system. I could redo all the system I had in he expanded version we were working on.

These data files do define most of the custom planets but they don't have the textures nor do they connect them with the home systems. I'll solve that and send you the complete file.

29 Nov 2012, 15:36
Profile YIM WWW
Admiral
Admiral

I have all the files, it's the build that didn't have them when Mike released it - an image pack would be way too large to attach here I guess. The next versions do have them (they're were mostly image updates), but they're not working correctly as explained in the other thread. With a bit of work, and merging both builds (20110530 and 20110828) it should be fine.

I'm going to try and compile the latest source code (20120225) available. I might even email Mike to see if he can upload the changes he made after that release (XRay Pulsars and other stuff).

29 Nov 2012, 17:16

Iceman wrote:
I have all the files, it's the build that didn't have them when Mike released it - an image pack would be way too large to attach here I guess. The next versions do have them (they're were mostly image updates), but they're not working correctly as explained in the other thread. With a bit of work, and merging both builds (20110530 and 20110828) it should be fine.

I'm going to try and compile the latest source code (20120225) available. I might even email Mike to see if he can upload the changes he made after that release (XRay Pulsars and other stuff).

Cool. Well the image update should be under 70mb. I'll compile all the artwork that was done (screen out the obsolete images) because I have some only a few of the artist shared and were never a part of any build. I'll try to compile it after this monday and send it to you. You could then merge it with the best build. As for the data files, I will check if all the homesystems and customplanets are up to date and send you a list of needed changes (if any are needed)

Just to ask you, did you check if all the images in the build are getting loaded in the game, a few builds had that problem, the images were there but they weren't connected to the appropriate building in the data files. I didn't have the time to check if this was the case with the last build you sent us.

29 Nov 2012, 17:23
Profile YIM WWW
Admiral
Admiral

It's easy enough to set images in the data files; but the ideal would be to have object names and image names be the same. Also notice that some of the images had typos in their names, hence not showing.
In the May 09 data files I just posted, all the tech objects have an image associated. In the data files for the latest private build too (you can check with the 20111119 build), but this one doesn't have all the images, like mentioned above.

29 Nov 2012, 17:46

Yeah I know, to associate an image it has to have either the same name of it has to be defined in the data files. I'll send you the complete image update next week.

29 Nov 2012, 17:53
Profile YIM WWW
Admiral
Admiral

If anyone is having problems running the private builds, one of them has some images missing: the atmosphere Brown.png, and a couple planet textures Q'onoS and Trill.
The 20110610 build also has 3 DLLs missing (fmodex, ConcurrentHastable and HttpDownloader) which AFAIK is only a problem for XP users. I'll post them monday just in case. It'll also not show the ship models (Federation only) in the Shipbuilding screen, unless you use the latest data files.

01 Dec 2012, 12:06
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

sounds like a lot of fun getting it run, I'll try later today, currently installing skype finally
monday however is a bit late as we planned to play/test tomorrow already

and good luck on compiling the source code
when you get it work, don't forget to leave some instructions

01 Dec 2012, 12:57

Last night I started working on a overall image update, renaming, removing and re-purposing unused ones and overall artistic upgrading of the old images. I'll post them on Monday or Tuesday (when I finish it after my test).

I also made some small modifications to the latest data files with planets and one kling structure modified (because of the images)

01 Dec 2012, 14:37
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next