View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 23:34

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Special technologies ... how do things work? 
Ensign
Ensign

I've played around a bit with the special technologies and I've got some questions.

Question 1: If you don't like a tech that is presented can you choose another tech area? Is there a way to reset this in game? If you choose to skip a tech can you go back later and research it? What penalties would there be to choosing to research it later?

Question 2: Has thought been given to having 2 types of special techs? Ones that you can research ingame [from Tech 1 to Tech 9 or so] and a seperate category that you could research after you hit tech 10?

Question 3: Has there been any thought given to there being a special tech tree that you could research with various options?

Question 4: Are the number of research points required to do research on a specific special tech fixed or does does it just rely on the tech level you're at when it is offerred to you?

=============================================

From playing around some with the special techs they seem to make the job of getting building output [research, mines, industry, etc.] harder because they can take so long to build. If they only added about 20% to 25% of the time to go from one tech level to the next [instead of 120% or more] it would make that job a lot easier.

12 Mar 2007, 04:25
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1:
No, you have to use the special tech, which is presented. But you can research this tech later, there are no penalties.

2:
Atm there are 9 or 10 special techs in game. But I can build in much more.

3:
No, no techtree.

4:
It relies on the techlevel. First specialtech needs the number of researchpoints like all level null techs together. Secend like all level one techs togethoer and so on.

The percentage of the boni of the special techs isn't fix. I choosed it, because I'm thinking that is a good value. But I can change it.

12 Mar 2007, 11:30
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Thanks for the info.

I think that I'll go back to the chalkboard again and see how the game plays out with someone doing all the special projects when offerred vs. someone who ignores the special techs until later in the game.

12 Mar 2007, 15:22
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]