View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:41

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Arranging multiplayer games 
Crewman

ok now that we have a somewhat functional alpha version, mabey we should have a thread for arranging games. Also i just like to say your doing in amazing jop, the things you have manage to achieve are incredible to say the least. I can remember when this was just crazy dream of some guy. Now it trully has come to life! Cant wait till you get ai up and running.

Also how do you select the ship you built?

i hope in next alpha i can actully select the ship i build

20 Jan 2007, 21:31
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yeah sure. just use this thread here. btw. you can select ships in the shipyard. It should be like in botf, just that small button in the middle is maybe a bit "hidden" to get to shipyard in the first place. Then click on the ships in the list directly above. They'll be shown in the building list on the right then.

If you wanna play the game against each other, that would be great.

just post your current ip (you can edit your post if it's changin) and the port you use. ppl can join all the time as long as bote's open on your pc.

21 Jan 2007, 00:52
Profile WWW
Crewman

cool my ip is 72.184.250.125 port of 7777 if any want to join and i leave botf running! Still cant find ship yard ...

nm i figuered it out. Fricken took forever ...

You have made first contact with kazon

^^ wtf? 8O

aren't they from delta quadrent?

Now that i actully can use ship, even thoe i can't fight and ai dont work, im having fun ifeel like im realy the federation exsploring the stars ...

you made the horta a minor race ... the horta? THE HORTA? ... Wtf? 8O

21 Jan 2007, 01:41
Crewman

They are a race from TOS, the wikipedia entry is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horta_%28Star_Trek%29

21 Jan 2007, 07:22
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yep. btw. in order for another player to join you should wait in the race select window right at the start of a game. If you go on and start it leaving the other race to the non-existent AI and then even play a turn or more, then there's no chance for joining.
to cut short, you can leave it open but don't play, let it be stuck in the opening race select window and wait for any opponent joinin your game.

btw. for the "strange" minor races issue, well you might wanna overwrite the minorraces.data in c:\botf2\data\races\ with the german one from the main big zip file. It's in german but there are plenty of more races to encounter in-game then. It's a stupid bug in the race name tag that leads the english version to only have those minors that have the same name as in the german version..

21 Jan 2007, 10:51
Profile WWW
Crewman

yeh well does any want to play a dman game? Any how my msn: Dontai_schoenfeld@yahoo.com Yahoo: Dontai123@yahoo.com

Any how i mean only you would be crazy enough to add the horta! I like it but what use could they possible serve?

When some one wants a game, i will leave my game open, i had it open for hour last night. Just give me shout!

22 Jan 2007, 06:44
Crewman

sorry, need hang around lot more, to be honest i lost this site. MP code is solid. It runs fine, infact no real bugs. Went with out a hitch. Had five game no lag no errors.

09 May 2007, 01:58
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Anyone got about a hour a day or two to play?

23 Oct 2007, 17:29
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There's a multiplayer meeting going on tonight at 7 pm (london time, i.e. 20:00 hours GMT+2 for all living in and around Germany (summer time)) in the german bote chat: http://helios-matrix.net/Chat/index.php ... 400&s=true

everyone is invited to join. we make up teams then and set up different games. if english and german teams are mixed then the english version will be played. Meeting leader is Rautzebautze, a moderator at our german boards and founding member of BotE. There's a good chance sir p. will also be there so fun is "pre-programmed" (at least for himself :P ).

hope enough ppl will join. (I'm not there..sadly, I know ;))

24 Oct 2007, 09:32
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

dammit ;) i wrote 9 pm when meaning 7 pm..stupid time difference°!^!

chat's over, so maybe next time..

damn stupid typo, hate it..argh

24 Oct 2007, 19:39
Profile WWW
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

:(

24 Oct 2007, 19:51
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yeah it was a stupid mistake..

anyway everyone who feels like being up to a small continuing mp match, enlist here! it's also not the worst idea to get to play with other players from the english-speakin world ;) before matching with "the boss" :lol: so you can use this thread too of course for personal match announcements.

just leave your ip with open port (forward it on your router 1st; then visit whatsmyip.org to double-check it and get your public ip needed to put into the bote connecting box) or leave a time where you wanna meet in the botf2 irc chan (there are java-clients embedded in your browser to do that; no need to get mirc or any other program for it!).

ah, one further thing, when opening a mp match, the host's configuration is always used for everyone participating, so if he's for example playing the german version of the game (for whatever reason) then everyone joining will have a german display of the game (temporarily of course, it changes back once you disconnect again!). also, his changes if done so to the in-game files via the editors will take full effect for everyone!

25 Oct 2007, 06:34
Profile WWW
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

About multiplayer games, is anyone up to one. We can make i group of players easily with some from both BOTE and Supremacy teams.

11 Feb 2011, 16:15
Profile YIM WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I posted a message at our internal german boards in case some of our testing team members want to participate in the matches, although they do not have an account here except for Reg. SirP and I are most of the time busy with creating new stuff for the game, but I know SirP tests each version before the release with friends of his at home in LAN for example.

11 Feb 2011, 20:33
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hey would someone like to arrange a long game with me?

06 Jul 2011, 10:18
Crewman

I am interested. See PM.

06 Jul 2011, 20:11
Crewman

I have 10 or more Hours of Gameplay a day so let me know if your all interested in pm

07 Jul 2011, 06:48
Crewman

Unfortunately we had technical difficulties, to start a multiplayer game. It was probably due to the know-how that we lacked. But now, I'm knowing that we have to use Hamachi, which must be installed on both clients. It is already installed and configured on my system. Therefore only Marla needs to install and set it up on her computer system. :winkthumb:

12 Jul 2011, 11:55
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]