View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:11

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Balancing issues 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I guess dilithium isn't the problem, because you can store it. So I almost have over 50 dilithium in my storage. Of course, in the late game, when huge ships need a lot of dilithium, the Romulans has a very little advantage.

At the moment no ship costs are really balanced and most of the ships don't have maintenance costs.

21 Mar 2007, 10:38
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

I was thinking that because the Romulans can output 4 Dilithium per turn [homeworld] while other races can only output 2 per turn that the Romulans would be able to build DOUBLE the number of high end ships that other races could build.

Also being able to build ships in systems without Dilithium at the same rate that other races can build ships from thier homeworld could cause problems if the game lasts a long time.

21 Mar 2007, 12:29
Ensign
Ensign

I'm getting closer on my build data.

At this point I have the opposite of the initial problem ... things are a little too easy at this point. I have to make minor changes and increase the cost of Tech 0 buildings from what I have now. Special buildings also need to see a cost increase so it hurts a little if/when you decide to build them early.

I'm still hoping to have something for review early next week.

23 Mar 2007, 12:22
Crewman

I can't wait till you implement 3D combat, because this instant combat is so unbalanced. I built 7 raptor class bops and 8 ki'ting class ships. that 15 klingon wars ships. Well two cardassian galors wiped them out with no damage to them. How does two galores take out 15 klingon war ships? I had them all upgraded aswell. I might try to find some file that balance them, some one mentioned them or use the tool used to mod the game. I not very smart but i kind don't seem to have much choice. My planet are under seige with no chance of fightiing them off lol.

09 May 2007, 19:58
Crewman

I give up it impossible to beat this game or even to surive. Four galors, 3 narimes class just wiped out 15 brel, 17 kvorts and 12 k'tings. My base is destroyed and i give up. klings are by far unplayable at the moment.

09 May 2007, 20:56
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The shiplist isn't balanced at the moment. So it can be that some ships are too strong. Especially the ships of the ferengi alliance, the cardassian union and the dominion don't have correct values.

10 May 2007, 09:54
Profile WWW
Crewman

SirPustekuchen wrote:
Of course you can play multiplayer with one pc. You only have to start a BotE-server. Than you can start the BotE-exe again and you can join your own game. You can search your game in the local area network, too. If you joined your game, the server instance of BotE has to start it. Than you can switch with alt+tab through the different instances of BotE. It is similar to a hot-seat session.

It this still available under the Alpha5.1 Please say "Yes" !

I tried but could not get it to connect so I am asking in case it was taken out or I am doing it wrong. How many sessions/races can you control in a multiplayer (1 PC) game? Excellent Excellent :bigthumb:

24 May 2010, 03:58
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yes it is.

you can play with 4 races/instances atm.

24 May 2010, 05:00
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

I've been playing a bit with the 6.1 build and I think the Heyoun are a little over powered right now. Just the money alone they produce allows them to support a large fleet of ships late game. Admittedly they seem overall to be inferior to other races vessels but even the AI for the Heyoun has routinely thrown fleets of 95 and 125 ships at me in midgame! Usually only the Omega Alliance does that. When I've played them it seems they are the easiest to get minors, can routinely get 3000+ credits per turn midgame (or more with trade!) and seem very good at bribing minors of other races. Maybe in the bribing I've just been lucky to hit races that like the Heyoun? Not sure. Overall it seems they have down sides, but the up sides seem to be a bit over powered!

There is one other 'cheat' in a similar vein (though as yet I haven't actually used it. Tried but didn't get that topic early enough :) ). There is a special research topic which allows civilian ships to cost no maintenance . For the Khaoran Empire their civilian ships have weapons. OK, they aren't great but build enough of them and they are free to support with this! You could end up having huge fleets of civilian ships for them that cost nothing once built. I'd suggest cutting it back a little from zero cost to 1/4 cost or something. Since all Khaoran civ ships have weapons biasing it just for them might not be fair as far as using those ships for their normal purpose, but a across the board 1/4 costfor all races rather than 0 cost might work.

24 Feb 2012, 03:37
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the Heyoun are indeed overpowered but this is due to minor races not moving their ships and AI majors (and so-called mediors, i.e. minors that expand their territories) do not invade with troops yet. When that happens in later BotE versions, a Heyoun that encounters a "bad" minor race cannot just wait and buy it up 50-100 turns later but has to deal with them at the very early beginning when they are in their "vulnerable phase".

good point with the khaorons. Still you'd need to "block" a ship-building system with just building transporters so it is to be considered if they could produce more effective ships instead of that but given enough time, it surely could have a certain "cheat-factor"..

24 Feb 2012, 18:08
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

I've had two systems building ships continuously (actually as Heyoun :) They could afford it) and alternating which system updated systems while the other one kept building. You can build up a huge fleet that way, especially with a good diplomatic agreement... that you purposely expire at the wrong moment. Mwa ha ha ha! (IE evil laugh)

Oh, and the one major down side to Heyoun... Rocketeers suck! I guess they need some counter, but I had a minor world, only pop of 17Bn and used over 20 Rocketeers and failed. They weren't that tough, didn't seem to have many buildings (they'd only been taken by the enemy relatively recently) but still wasted them. I'm just imagining Quark waddling along with a rocket launcher bigger than he is! lol

24 Feb 2012, 22:13
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

something like that we had in mind too when we gave them their stats ;)

25 Feb 2012, 08:31
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2