View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 20:14

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Starbase Hull Integrity 
Crewman

Question, i've always had my own views of the various ship hull/power,

Like in star trek armada where somehow one Sovereign could take out a cube, In BotF the starbases where VERY underpowered.

It seems to be the same in this game too. Would you consider making the starbases more ept?

25 Oct 2007, 14:02
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I moved your question here (I know the underlying forum note says post your question regarding BotE here but I do think, questions about in-game handling are best posted in the general chat ;)).

as for the answer, you can mod starbases to have way better hulls with the editor. in the official release though, there's a recent idea of the team that one could "design" outposts and starbases just like with the ships to have them have better hulls and stuff for the price of longer construction time.

also minefields around starbases are strongly considered to be rendered possible by adding it to the special ship design. let's see how that develops..

25 Oct 2007, 14:27
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nice. I like the mine idea a whole lot as well as the custom starbases/outposts.

25 Oct 2007, 17:23
Crewman

That sounds like a great idea, i suppose then romulan starbases will have cloaks?

26 Oct 2007, 14:00
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

don't think, it's a bit too heavy to cloak. either way since it cannot move, a cloak it pretty much useless (i.e. a one-time-only-thing ;))

26 Oct 2007, 15:07
Profile WWW
Crewman

does cloaking no longer give the same suprise advantage? like for example someone attacking a system not knowthing there is a cloaked orbital heavy starbase? that would effect the course of a war if 50+ ships where dispatched against that system not knowing it was there, cloaked.

Seems like a very useful piece of tech to me

26 Oct 2007, 16:29
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

of course, but just imagine, this works only one time, the other time everyone around the galaxy knows the exact(!) position of that thing in space so a tiny little torpedo or two can take it out (remember no shields during cloak!).

it's way too much work (and imagine a cloak for that big size of base would take enormous energy supply!) for way too little effect and therefore the romulans also never did this in the series either ;).

26 Oct 2007, 17:26
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]