View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 May 2024, 22:59

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ship maintenance costs and upkeep 
Ensign
Ensign

How do maintenance costs work? Is the system similar to the original BotF where your ships have certain points and those points need to be offset by the populations of your systems?

For example let's say that you only have one planet with a population of "50". Let's also say that you have ships that have maintenance costs of 10. How many ships can you build until you hit the limit?

If you have more ships than you have maintenance costs to cover what happens? Do you lose credits to cover the difference? What happens if you run out of credits?

18 Jun 2007, 22:32
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atm the maintenance costs are subtracted from your latinum. The population has no effect on the maintenance costs limit. Perhaps I'll implement this later, so it would be similar to the original botf.

If you run out of credits nothing happens. You only can't buy buildings or ships. Perhaps I implement it like in botf, so you aren't able to build somehing anymore.

19 Jun 2007, 14:11
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

SirPustekuchen wrote:
Atm the maintenance costs are subtracted from your latinum. The population has no effect on the maintenance costs limit. Perhaps I'll implement this later, so it would be similar to the original botf.

If you run out of credits nothing happens. You only can't buy buildings or ships. Perhaps I implement it like in botf, so you aren't able to build somehing anymore.

So, if I understand you correctly, if you have a ship with maintenance cost 10 then it simply subtracts 10 latinum from your empire's gold per turn ... right? It doesn't matter what your population is or whether this is your only ship with a maintenance cost ... right???

If so I would consider a different system ... maybe the exact same one used in BotF. IIRC if your population was greater than you fleet's maintenance costs then it was "free". If your fleet had a higher maintenance cost then the difference between the population & maintenance costs were subtracted from your empire's latinum.

19 Jun 2007, 22:00
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, you understand me correctly. Perhaps I'll implement the system used in Botf in one of the next versions. Or we find a better system ;-)

20 Jun 2007, 10:11
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

A few months ago [when I was working on the building file] it occurred to me that perhaps instead of Latinum costs for maintenance perhaps there could be Dueterium or Dilithium Maintenance costs ..... Of course that could get complicated because there's no "empire wide" deuterium or dilithium stores to remove the costs from ....

20 Jun 2007, 14:29
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

In the old MOO2 you had command points, generally generated from the number of outposts and starbases you hade throughout the empire, of which each ship built cost a number of command points.

If you went over the amount you had, you could still build but it cost you a hell of a lot per point going over to maintain in terms of credits.

Regards Wolfe

20 Jun 2007, 16:17
Crewman

Is there a way to see what a ship individually cost in maintained? I can't seem to see this anywhere on the game, I see a total support cost and what's available, but there doesn't seem to be anyplace where an individual ship's cost is displayed anywhere.

24 Jul 2010, 06:39
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it's still not implemented yet. you can see all maintenance costs with ship editor though in ..\bote\data\ships\ folder.

24 Jul 2010, 15:41
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]