View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 13:26

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 How do you capture enemy systems? 
Crewman

Downloaded the alpha demo & its gota be said.... very impressive!. Well done.
Right, played it quite a bit, and when it doesnt crash, is there the function to invade planets yet. Yes im aware its an alpha but so much seems to have been done thought worth asking.

I have attempted to ivade with titan ships and troops (or at least i assume thier troops cos still in German) but never seem to manage it.

Its the 0.5 alpha and most of writing is in English

Thanks

30 Apr 2007, 16:59
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Invasion does work (you need quite a lot of troops ;)), however the AI still can't and systems that have separated from their race cannot be invaded back and are "lost" atm. The only thing you have to do is get enough troops in the titan transporters via the transport menu and give the invade system order when above enemy system.

Quote:
and when it doesnt crash

when does it crash with you? It's kinda important since we need that kind of feedback to get those crashes fixed ;)

30 Apr 2007, 19:59
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

I know that the question wasn't directed at me but I'm getting relatively frequent crashes on a couple of XP systems. Usually its when I hit "end turn". The auto save file saves out properly but BotE crashes before it gets to the next turn in the GUI.

Basically the crashes are not easily reproducible.

01 May 2007, 01:52
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Please download the new version 0.51b at the download section here. It is only one little exe file. There shouldn't be crashes in singleplayer games anymore.

01 May 2007, 19:31
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks for reply.
Sorry I should have said, its a pretty random crash (ie, no specific turn or anything), would you believe when i decide to make a note of error, it doesnt happen!.

It used to crash after an end turn, sometimes ship icons would dissapear then on next end turn crash to windows but unfortunately i didnt make note of details. When it does it again I will post. (soz).

Any info on a 2d / 3d battle engine for bote?

01 May 2007, 19:38
Crewman

I attempted to download the new .exe file, however on installing I received the error

"application failed to start because fmodex.dll was not found. Re-installing application may fix problem"

Any ideas??

01 May 2007, 19:53
Ensign
Ensign

SirPustekuchen wrote:
Please download the new version 0.51b at the download section here. It is only one little exe file. There shouldn't be crashes in singleplayer games anymore.

Hmm ... I thought I had that revision. I'll check when I get home tonight.

01 May 2007, 20:04
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Copy the new exe into the Botf2 folder and overwrite the old file.

01 May 2007, 20:08
Profile WWW
Crewman

lovely, thanx

01 May 2007, 21:17
Crewman

I am at war with the Kharons. They control a system with all the planets terraformed but no population on it. I have colony, transport and warships there. I have set everyone to attack but the they won't take over the system. The transports have troops loaded. I have tried using the colony ships to colonize but that is not an available option. Is this a bug?

17 Jun 2010, 12:47
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

could be one. Usually you can only invade a populated system and you can also only colonize unclaimed systems. In this case you want to take over a claimed system with no population in it which means it falls out of the rules. Guess we have to fix this for the next version.
a quick fix is to scour for other enemy systems or outposts nearby and take them over. After that, the system in question gets unclaimed.

17 Jun 2010, 16:12
Profile WWW
Crewman

I've tried to attack an outpost with 6 heavy cruisers but all I get are "indecisive battles". They never destroy my ships and I never can destroy the outpost.

I'm letting the Kharons populate the system and then I'm bringing in the troops.

Thanks,

Eno

17 Jun 2010, 16:45
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

your ships are on "attack"? if so they should start a battle, maybe you could try adding some scouts to the fleet, sometimes battles don't take place because scan strength is too low to spot and close in on the enemy.

17 Jun 2010, 17:43
Profile WWW
Crewman

My ships were on attack. I think you suggestion about the scanning was correct. I was finally able to engage in a battle with the Kharon outpost and destroy it. Frankly I have "poo-poo'd" the thought of building scouts but this may warrant reconsideration.

The Kharons are on two sides of me so I am running from one side of my empire to the other side to fend them off. They really haven't hurt my heavy warships too badly and I have been able to maintain local superiority by using interior lines to fend off each threat. They did crush a fleet of fighters I built but they are easily replaced.

I like the Cartare Union better than the Federation. I can be more aggressive without making everyone so upset when eradicate the population of a system. I swear I thought I had killed Jesus or something when I killed off one minor race who declared war on me. I feel like I have to sit around on the defensive as the Feds.

17 Jun 2010, 19:48
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]