View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:52

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I cant find the tech library like botf has to know what to.. 
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Hi mal and others.

Im wondering what to research but i cant find the research database and which technologys certain things need. I mean like in botf u could go to reseach and click on ships and then the ship u want to research to to find out what research it needs at what levels. Well i cannot find this in bote. Its in yeah? Otherwise how does one use research to fast track to certain technologys i.e ships so u can adjust the research rates to get them faster?

01 Feb 2011, 09:53
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it's pretty much similar to botf. Theory and subatomic simulators come mostly with energy or computer tech 6, in the beginning, researching engine tech up to level 3 is best for starters.

There's no encyclopedia in-game yet. A crude way is to open buildings editor in ..\bote\data\buildings\ folder where each building is listed with tech requirements, also with ships the ship editor. Ships are way less to read so they can be better looked-up that way.

Basically I do it that way (can be improved though, depends on what race you play and which structure/ship you want to have earlier than usual): Research allocation 100% to engine tech until tech 3 is developed (gives most range increases possible at the beginning making it possible to colonize worlds farther away without constructing outposts), then I go around counterclockwise until everything is level 3. Then further until everything is at level 4, then I look the subatomic simulator up and develop either computer or energy tech up the required level (mostly 6). After that things go around counterclockwise again. It's a pretty optimal strategy, of course with an encyclopedia this can be optimized even more.

01 Feb 2011, 10:45
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]