View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:47

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Upgrading Ships 
Crewman

there needs to be an option to upgrade ships

either found in a system with the right size of shipyard and requiring the difference in time / materials between the current model and what is set in the ship designer.

i spent the last 100 turns building a fleet and now i just got new torpedoes that do way more damage, it would be nice to take a few turns and upgrade them rather then start over from scratch. The also goes for your ships experence, if you have some scout with level 1 shields, a titanium hull and level 5 beam weapons who have been around the block and have 4 dots of experience, i would rather keep all that experience and upgrade them to level 8 beam, level 3 shields and a duranium hull.

Adding an option to the bottom of the ship list as upgrading, where all ships that are in the system get upgraded, not one a turn, but as many as can be done with the construction points the system generates and as long as the materials, titanium, duranium ect, hold out.

also when you get the better ship hull with the same name, doing the upgrade of the previous to the current would help out alot as well :-)

I've been playing the Rothains alot, when the P'ratarus class scout, gets upgraded to the P'rotharay scout, i would like to beable to upgrade the P'ratarus scouts to P'rotharay without rebuilding from scratch all of them. paying the difference in Titanium (if i still want there hulls made of it), industry and deritium would be worth it to keep the experience my ships will have

29 Aug 2013, 14:11
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Selendra wrote:
there needs to be an option to upgrade ships
yes - would be neccessary. We're already discussing it and have this wish. But as the same for many other things this needs a coder who is realizing/programming this.

Thanks for your ideas/feedback - I did a notice here http://forum.birth-of-the-empires.de/vi ... 548#p32548

However at the moment upgrading of ships is no feature of BotE, sorry

In my opinion -and hoping one of our coder will engage to it- it is not impossible that this will get part of next release.

In my mind it might be possible to do a ship command "upgrade" -> leading to Shipdesign, effecting this single ship (costs=credits), maybe: effect to all ships of this kind, costs are ..., buy? yes/no.

Your suggested way via System-Shipyard would also be a way. Coder must decide :wink:

31 Aug 2013, 12:55
Crewman

hi guys,
on a similar topic, i was recently asking reg about how to upgrade Stations.

"
eg:
Q: how can i upgrade a 1st Class Starbase, into a 2nd Class?
(I class into II class):

example:
I can use a Lamprey Transport to create an outpost 2nd class, and i can turn an outpost 2nd class into a starbase II class,

but
i had an old outpost 1st class, and was able to upgrade it into a Starbase 1st class, but now i do not know how to turn it into a 2nd class starbase.

(if i group multiple transports into a fleet group, all it lets me do is build an outpost or starbase quicker, but how do we upgrade older existing ones?)
"

The Answer was that it is not yet possible..... so i had an idea as to how it might be possible.

(including here in case useful for others) :)

IDEA (basic pseudocode)

basic way could be this:
IF building type = outpost 1st Class,
AND IF Tech Level > x,
AND IF ship = transport > 1st class,
AND IF ship at location of Outpost 1st class,
= show "Upgrade Outpost" as an extra option in Orders list.
(function) of new order button is coded so that the transport ship is used up (destoryed in the process) and a variable to show how many turns remaining etc, and then the existing station ID is updated with the ID of the later model Station. :)

(basic code is easy, but i guess there is a lot more than that which is needed) :D

02 Sep 2013, 16:21
Crewman

Upgrading starbases sounds good.
I'm not a programmer but it's fun to try, and sometimes I succeed with trial and error.

In this case my attempt failed.
The upgrade alone worked, but at my try to implement a new upgrade button BotE crashed. :confused:

Apparently it's a case for a real programmer.

05 Sep 2013, 20:54
Crewman

thanks vuto for trying :)
half a success is better than half a failure :D

06 Sep 2013, 01:00
Crewman

actually, can i check where you were adding the new Upgrade button?
maybe if it is added to a different screen (such as somewhere the game does not rely on lots of data variables), it might work?

06 Sep 2013, 01:04
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

yes - maybe it would be able to provide your code, Vuto, somewhere public (as I do with my code at https://github.com/bote-reginald/BotE-R ... otE-Rainer - don't wanted to do a branch at official code)

(but for BotE's official code please look here https://github.com/bote-team/bote or with some hints: http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... ode#GitHub)

----
I think Vuto didn't made a button anywhere but a new ship command (button) like "update station"

07 Sep 2013, 11:58
Crewman

hi guys, just to add an update into this thread..with good news :)

info from vuto's post:
"By now we have already implemented the upgrading of old outposts/starbases,
but it will presumably take much time until the next release is ready."

it's currently in internal testing (and i look forward to testing out the upgrade function just as soon as i can start playing a new game) :)

01 Nov 2013, 01:14
Crewman

Thanks for adding it here Paul.

Sorry that I didn't reply to this thread before, but I guess all questions are obsolete now.
Vuto wrote:
By now we have already implemented the upgrading of old outposts/starbases,
but it will presumably take much time until the next release is ready.

01 Nov 2013, 15:07
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]