View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:47

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 BotE Wiki (detailed descriptions e.g. of the combat system) 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I added some text-"rich" ingame files of bote on the botf2.com wiki so you can all have a look at some files that you can also alter after signing up there and becoming a member("contributor") of the sharepoint site.

There you find the current minor races with descriptions both in english and german (the english needs a bit polishing I think..;)).

Also some texts and effects descriptions of our anticipated (not yet sorted-out) random events in-game (all in german so far, the texts there need either translation (when finally having decided which ones make it into game and which don't, so only start translating if you want to do this out of fun :)) or a possibility to be copied over with texts from english-based-botf2 games there).

Furthermore, a detailed description of our current automatic combat system can be found there with every bit of the editor stuff explained there!

Link to our subsection is here (there go to the wiki to find the files):
http://www.botf2.com/bote/Wiki/Home.aspx

There is also a german wiki over here: http://www.wiki.birth-of-the-empires.de/

04 Mar 2007, 11:55
Profile WWW
Crewman

Mal,

Good information in the wiki, for the most part.

Not sure what intent of 'dogkiller' is. The term I'm more used to is Interceptor. Anyway, good stuff.

brisub

14 Mar 2009, 17:57
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One could call them Interceptors, but I'd associate small fighters with interceptors whereas in our case they are slightly larger-sized destroyer classes, though the effect is the same as the dogfighter attribute. Mentat used that term instead, although it's probably his own creation ;).

14 Mar 2009, 20:15
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]