View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:50

Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 WANT TO HELP BUILD THE GAMES? 
Composer of the Ear Candy
Composer of the Ear Candy

Location: Canada, thumping on my keyboard or smashing a mouse!
Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Mike is working on the issue with SharePoint and should have service back soon.
:borg:

It's working for me now, as for Uploads but when I listen to a song, the meter appears but doesn't move, not a big thing but I wonder if it could lead to some other problems.
The page is not refreshed when I want to go back to the folder. It gives me an error note to reload the page again.

26 Mar 2011, 01:50
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hello.

Im working to translate the Birth of the federation -original- program into Hungarian.
My problem is if you make changes to anything in stbo.res,
after saving the changed part does not work.

eg: if teachtip.tdb in changing the "Click here to pause the game and return to the main menu "
--> "Ide kattintva a kilepsz a jatekbol es a fomenube jutsz."
Then the game starts, the help menu does not work.

Same by the other files: treaty.tdb, cdiplomt.tdb, etc. ...

Why not work the help menu after the changes?

Thanks

01 Oct 2011, 19:10
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome Mairtin
Sorry you are having those issues.
I do not know if anyone here will have the answer to
that issue with BOTF, original.

01 Oct 2011, 21:08
Crewman

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Welcome Mairtin
Sorry you are having those issues.
I do not know if anyone here will have the answer to
that issue with BOTF, original.

Ok, thanks. Image

01 Oct 2011, 21:31
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Mairtin,
there is Birth of the Empires in this board. It's like Supremacy a following of BotF, playable since years and easy to mod, also for Hungarian or other languages. You have to change deposition in \Data\Stringtable.txt and in the other .data-Files (best you use notepad++, be careful with LF and CR).
You'll get BotE here viewtopic.php?p=65850#p65850 , I suggest you to install it first german, then in another directory English, third once more for modifing to Hungarian.

A problem for you might be that BotE doesn't have Star Trek content because of avoiding copyright-problems. Then you could write lordgeorge1 a PM on the german board - maybe you'll get the Star Trek MOD 3.0 by him (see this thread http://bote-forum.square7.ch/phpBB3/vie ... =46&t=1912 .)

And for Supremacy there are also translators wanted...don't know whether an Hungarian already is registrated. Maybe you'll register yourself :winkthumb: . At the moment there isn't work to do, but some time -in the next years- it will start....

02 Oct 2011, 07:11
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

If you're translating the original game, this isn't the place to come. What you need is to speak to the experts over on ArmadaFleetCommand.com. They will be able to give you all of the help that you need, and more. They're still working on updating and improving the game 12 years after its' release, and they actually only last week had a major breakthrough in massively improving the Energy screen in the game. Check out their site and post a message on their forums if you want help.

AFC actually used to be our parent site in fact, but we broke away from them three years ago after encountering severe server problems.

02 Oct 2011, 12:20
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thank you very much.

07 Oct 2011, 10:20
Crewman

Hi

I have an education in webdesign and last year in august i started with an education in computer science. My dream is to one day be able to make computer games.

In the education as a webdesigner i learned some php and the use of photoshop. I would rather code with c#. I also want to be a game writer.

T

22 Jan 2013, 23:36
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Tabsonian wrote:
Hi

I have an education in webdesign and last year in august i started with an education in computer science. My dream is to one day be able to make computer games.

In the education as a webdesigner i learned some php and the use of photoshop. I would rather code with c#. I also want to be a game writer.

T

Well, you could learn a lot from poking around in the Supremacy source code. I embarked on this project during the last couple years of my C.S. degree.

Mike

23 Jan 2013, 16:18
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8