View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:28

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Gameplay Videos (Different German BotE Alpha Versions) 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I recorded myself for 22 turns playing the latest dev version of BotE so you might find out quickly if you like the game or copy some of the things I do in building up my empire. That btw. changes and depends on the quality of systems around me but this game I play in the video is a pretty standard one without any extreme conditions like 100 bn. minor race systems or something like that. For experienced players, the difference between the german and the english version is not that noticeable in the first 22 turns.

Here's the link (click on frame):

Video Download (48mb) Image

20 Jan 2009, 18:43
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Thanks, that was fun to watch.

20 Jan 2009, 18:57
Admiral
Admiral

Last edited by Iceman on 05 Mar 2009, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

23 Jan 2009, 12:55
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Yeah Alpha 4 is the current version. Alpha 5 will be the next release, but it's a few months down the road according to Mal's most recent reports on the game. The developers are having a bit of a break to concentrate on personal stuff, and one of the developers has gone missing anyways so they need to find him before development on his part of the game can continue. :( :lol:

23 Jan 2009, 13:12
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yeah, that's actually a little sad cause it's really not that much more to do to allow for server-client interaction during turn break, actually just a small additional subroutine, but you know, without the full source...
Then again we wait until our third developer has finally succeeded in making the directx-based 3D rotating planets running in-game. He still gets a weird viewport error in fullscreen mode. The rotating planets are all important since by removing the current 2D pictures for our planets which are not exactly our work but as 80x80 pics we thought initially that it wouldn't hurt those who created them that much if we used them, so by removing them and all the other graphics and sound effects stuff taken from botf (which is already done in the dev version), we are finally copyright-independant and can serve the game potentially everywhere where people want to have it :).

For the alpha 5 to come out publically, I suspect something around march or april but don't pin me down on that. A lot of stuff (75% of the list) has already been implemented over the past year but as MoE said, we're taking a short break right now.

23 Jan 2009, 18:21
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I made another video in better quality from Pre-Alpha7 dev version (not showing the new start menu nor the new Omegan interface), encoded it real-time with Camstudio 2.6 beta rev264 screen recorder program using free x264vfw 64bit codec and lame mp3 (next time I will avidemux and AAC audio). Quality is just like playing it for real on your own machine, at least don't recognize any difference in graphics quality.

If you want to do your own likewise screen recordings, download the free program, there are several options in Camstudio you need to set in order to make the codec run with the program but they are explained over the net, just google, shouldn't take long to figure out. Audio needs to be reencoded from original pcm/wav, Camstudio cannot do encode it real-time without producing errors constantly.

Nice side-effect: The video is automatically youtube HD ready.

Video download (194mb, 22 min)

29 Sep 2011, 22:29
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

meanwhile some more Videos about BotE were done (see here http://birth-of-the-empires.de/phpBB3/v ... f=3&t=1105)

for the last one my comment is: BotE goes to Cinema http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 8315878641 (credits still to the voices of F's and M.S. :wink: ) - I hope you enjoy it :smile:
Dennis, one of German BotE-Staff, did it out of 1200 single images. It's just a try from him and just for fun, never as professional as Supremacy's Videos http://bote2.square7.ch/regwiki/index.p ... cy#YouTube)

...don't hesitate to deliver BotE-Episode 2 "Hollywood strikes back" :grin:

12 Jan 2013, 13:34
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]