View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:39

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Computer AI 
Crewman

here is a screen shot of my space:

what i have been trying to figure out is why the cartare came straight towards me?

you see those systems in the middle of there space along the right wall, with the 2x bubble of medium range?

here is a list of other systems they missed on there mad dash south to meet me. ( just the ones on the way south)

North in there range, there is a 38.8, 31.4, 39.6, 30.8 (has an M class in the yellow range) billion max pop systems to the north i had to build some scouts to go exploring, some of the other systems had 15-25 with an M class

why the ____ did they head straight towards me??

29 Aug 2013, 05:15
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

First of all: Welcome Selandra and Thanks for your Feedbacks - I have to have a look at it.
Unfortunately we have less posts here :sad: but many in German Forum :wink: - oh God why does this board currently reacts so slow :question:

In this thread I'm not sure about your exact question (and my English isn't very well)

You could start a saved game again, do one turn and then have a look into "Bote.log"-File -> should be in your User-Folder in \Birth of the Empires

There you'll find at each turn a section of
Quote:
---------- sectors to terraform or colonize -------------
INFO ai Race-ID: MAJOR5
INFO ai POP: 45 - KO: 3/7
INFO ai POP: 7 - KO: 11/11

- as you can see AI first is looking for system in flying range of colony ships and sorting it by amount of population.
- one next step of AI (on another point of code) is to calculate building prios in each system: There might be systems where colony ships might be build (if shipyard yes, combat ship has lower prio, no building upgrade and so on).
- next step -for builded colony ships- is getting a aim = a system (to colonize or terraform)
- last step is (in a system) to deciced whether colonize or terraform. In Alpha7 code was changed so planets with less needed terraform points are selected and colonized. (before AI terraformed until all planets were terraformed which took a long time (disadvantage AI))

Hope this gives you some answers and insight into AI's "thoughts". AI's so goes to it's best aims and not to that what a human player would do. Well, your map is so big so think about there are six majors races ingame. AI would expand and colonize the systems of your screenshot if AI would have big amounts of colony ships. But AI also sets prios to combat ships and so (I myself as a human player firstly exclusively build colony + transport ships)

what else I could say to this: for expanding AI also uses outposts

Some further info you might find here: http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... ready_done (i'm still trying to provide English info but that takes time, especially I use much time nowadays to implement changes into Bote SourceCode https://github.com/bote-team/bote/commits/master (respectively in my local code)

Unfortunately we have less posts here but many in German Forum

31 Aug 2013, 10:52
Crewman

As far as I know the reason for this AI behaviour is the way the AI views the map.

The AI knows the position and the maximum population of all systems, but they don't know the owner status.
So they expand in the direction of big systems (like your home system) until they discover that it is already occupied.

Maybe we should review this behaviour.
At least it's on my personal task list now. (unfortunately the list is long)

31 Aug 2013, 16:30
Crewman

hi selendra,
ive seen some of your other posts and feedback - it's all good keep it coming.

the german forum is the most active (and visibly active) but dont worry, there are lots more english speaking people, enjoying the game too.
i've also been working with reg (not so visibly here) documenting and fixing bugs which reg has kindly been helping to fix in the code, but dont worry theres lots of us about :)

(maybe you defeated the catare in a previous game, and they want some revenge?) :D

(hi vuto, im interesting in seeing your task list if possible please, i've got a lot of mini tasks (some completed on paper) and would like to compare with what i've been discussing with reg if you have a chance please)

04 Sep 2013, 12:45
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

well..maybe it would be possible to generate a new task list for all as I did here http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/index.php/ToDo%27s - that's no real task list but a list, where ideas shouldn't get forgotten with short way to original idea

Additional we (BotE-Team) have an own task list but because no coder is found this task list will need some time to get realized.

I'm waiting what Vuto will say to this ... he's getting more and more important to us :smile: and in addition to myself he's coding at BotE too (we are both no experts I think), additional to Anonymissimus and SirP which are professional coders :smile:

So -in my opinion- BotE is on good way to make progress :-)

04 Sep 2013, 17:23
Crewman

Hi Paul,
sorry to disappoint you, but my task list is just a piece of paper with scratchy writing. :wink:
Reg's list is the most accurate one, and my list is based on it.

However, if someone has a good idea for an improved bug or task list management, I'm open to suggestions.

05 Sep 2013, 20:40
Crewman

ah yes reg to do page is having lots of information there :)

no problem vuto, i have lots of pieces of paper with scratchy writing, but have some ideas in mind :)

06 Sep 2013, 01:10
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]