View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 10:48

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [Various] Late game bugs and fixes 
Crewman

Hello,

I am currently playing a game with the Heyoun and I have noticed several bugs and defects :

1/ Intel points reallocation after major race destruction

My game crash after the destruction of the rotharian empire : I tried to access the intel panels (espionnage and sabotage) for the romulans to reset my spendings to zero and the game crashed.
To overcome this, I reloaded and set back my inner security to 100% instead.

--> see save game F6

2/ Leftover colonies

The disappearance of the rotharian empire did not cause their colonies to disapear as well.
The lower right corner of the map is full of systems formerly occupied by the rotharians that I cannot colonize, invade or sway through diplomacy.

--> see any save game

3/ Diplomacy screen not allowing to see minor races

I can no longer access all minor races for diplomacy purposes because their names do not display in the displomacy menu : apparently the menu can only display a given number of names and above that number the names are displayed on the bottom of the screen, but "below" the GUI.

--> see any savegame

4/ Incoherent diplomacy

It makes no sense for a weak empire (eg Cartar) to declare war to me, the khaorons and the coalition.
Especially considering that we were allied together against the coalition.

5/ Game balance issue

Heyoun fleets are severely outgunned in late game :
- can only build battleships in Han
- cannot produce enough deritium

Couldn't it be possible to allow ferengis to trade or at least transport deritium?
And why can only the negus spaceyard produce large ships?

This being said, thanks to the developing team, it's a great game!

Didgekim

Attachments:
File comment: current situation
F8.zip [95.75 KiB]
Downloaded 266 times
File comment: Savegames starting at destruction of rotharians
F7 and F7.zip [189.17 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times
04 Nov 2007, 16:31
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

thx for pointing out the major disappearance bugs. greatly appreciated, such feedback!

3) is known issue.
4) "minor" AI majors try to ally against a major, that recently crushed another and is greatly superior to them. you will see that their war with the khaorons and CoPs soon stops ;).
5) I'm workin on that :). I have even fixed it already in my latest buildings.data file. It's gonna come out as soon as sir p. releases the next minor update. so stay tuned ;).

04 Nov 2007, 17:41
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thx for the info.
What is this minor race update and when will it be made available?
In the meantime, could I get a "beta" version?

A few more items to post :

1/ Sector control : when one loses a planet and regains control of it the neighboring sectors that used to be under control do not always come back under control.
--> In the attached savegames check the talos system that is switching from Heyoun and Khaoron control : the surrounding blocks start as Heyoun, then switch to Khaoron, then are blank...

2/ I have found a bug regarding sensor arrays : on some systems (those that I take over or that I get through diplomacy) the building list only displays the latest sensor.
On the worlds I have colonized myseld however, I have the subspace scanner and one or two additionnal scanners : aren't the older scanners supposed to be replaced by the new ones?

3/ Special building question : once a building is present on a planet it is no longer possible to access it's description, so minor races obtained through conquest have their special buildings built already and there is no way to access the building descripion ingame

4/ Fleet question : has the old "intercept" command been purposedly been disabled?

5/ Planetary shields : I thought that shields were supposed to prevent invasion troops from landing but they don't do that. The bombardment damage reduction is not significant.
So what's the point of shields?

6/ Ship repairs : how does the game handle hull damage repairs? I have observed it and I do not understand it.
Does a damage ship have reduced statistics (less firepower, less shields, etc...) to reflect it's "crippled" status or is it a binary "live" ship / "dead" ship thing?

7/ Starbases : starbases built early in the game are very weak and I found no way to upgrade them : what do you think?
What about multiple starbases in a system to fortify?

8/ Intel : when you successfuly collect date through espionnage you receive a report in the espionnage tab. However, when you want to act on it and try to sabotage the item identified in that report the report does not display properly in the far right tab (whose name I forgot) : thus making it impossible to act on the information gathered through sabotage.

9/ Terraforming : when a terraforming is interrupted for more than one turn you have to start at 0% again : is it intentionnal?

Again, thanks for making such a great game.

05 Nov 2007, 16:49
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

i meant minor update, not minor race update ;) it depends on sir p. when or if it even comes out before alpha5..

1) known issue
2) this is an already fixed bug with the klingons only. their scanners have been forgotten to be made upgradable ;).
3) interesting
4) yes. it still needs to be implemented.
5) shields do have anti-bombardment effect but it's not as much as in botf. if you feel it should have more effect, use the editors and give them more points.
6) don't know exactly. ships should auto-repair themselves while this repair time significantly reduces when hovering over a planet with activated fleet yards or an outpost.
7) yes they are very weak. however you should be able to upgrade them with transporters after the new ones are researched (have a look at the ship editor when this takes place).
8) should be possible. maybe sir p. can answer you more detailedly.
9) you see the terraform points on the bottom left. you'll notice that they go down one by one. so if you start again after two turns,the percentage will go down quicker than before. all perfectly normal ;).

you're welcome.

we have a beta version (or better sir p. has one). ask him about it. but first of all, you have to be very careful with the file and don't distribute it via the internet (also not by third persons you hand the file over, i.e. some friends of yours for example). still it ain't sure if sir p. hand this version out to anyone ;).

05 Nov 2007, 17:38
Profile WWW
Crewman

im in a late game now and also encoutering some of the same bugs, we will live with them till the next alpha :)

26 Dec 2007, 11:06
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]